Wiki Posts
Search

Rubber tires on carpet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
I run rubber tires and think thier great especially for a new racer. Less setup hastle, consistant tire size, And less equipment costs. The fast guys at my track running rubber are almost as fast as some of the foam guys. In fact stock rubber is the bigest class at our track.
the only fast guy there is you Speedie
Old 03-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

This might hurt!

Using foams on carpet is for whimps! Anyone can drive a car with foams on carpet. (for touring cars that is)
Using rubber tires on carpet will improve your driving skills because you need to get your setup right and drive smooth lines. Its a proven fact that the best drivers here in Europe use only rubber tires on their touring cars.
For pancars its a totaly different story. Here you need to go with foams, but this is due to the fact that these cars go a lot faster then 4wd cars and they are 2wd so you need al the traction you can get.

I'm expecting a lot of respons to this statement, so give it to me
Old 03-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im a rubber guy but only cuz i use the tires till the inserts decompose which makes it cheaper...i hate buying new tires
Old 03-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I believe in the past years, Roar Onroad Carpet Nats have been with Rubber Tires on Touring Cars. I know this year it's Foams though. I see alot of East Coast tracks use Foams... and alot of West Coast tracks use Rubber. Do what was said before... run what your track calls for. If they allow Foam or Rubber... go with Foam.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
This might hurt!

Using foams on carpet is for whimps! Anyone can drive a car with foams on carpet. (for touring cars that is)
Using rubber tires on carpet will improve your driving skills because you need to get your setup right and drive smooth lines. Its a proven fact that the best drivers here in Europe use only rubber tires on their touring cars.
For pancars its a totaly different story. Here you need to go with foams, but this is due to the fact that these cars go a lot faster then 4wd cars and they are 2wd so you need al the traction you can get.

I'm expecting a lot of respons to this statement, so give it to me
Yeah almost anyone can drive a TC on foams but can you drive one fast? Also, it is a lot more difficult to get a really good foam setup than you (and most people) probably realize...corner speed is everything.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

HeY hEY!!!

kk just about anything you say for rubber could go the other way for foams and vise versa cept what is faster. i like both, but foams is fater and kinda harder because it is really colse throughout the whole field. and i never heard of rubber eating up the carpet.... and rubber tires also last just as long as foams if you dont true them down like after every few runs and don't hit stuff so you chuck them.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

dang, i gotta put some rubber tires on for practice next week, this rubber-foam thing is killing me. I've always ran foam, just because i like to have as much grip as possible, then take it away.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pro3racer
dang, i gotta put some rubber tires on for practice next week, this rubber-foam thing is killing me. I've always ran foam, just because i like to have as much grip as possible, then take it away.
yea ill say youll have fun if you have always ran foam and now are going to rubber, it will feel like your car is messed setup wise but thats normal at least for me to have the feeling, kinda like when u run mod for the first time and then go back to stock and your like damn i know my was fast what happened and thats when it hits like damn that mod car was screamin

later lazy