Search

Pitbull X3 or Eagle CDC V6.0?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:51 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Pitbull X3 or Eagle CDC V6.0?

I just sold my original pitbull, looking for a new charger. What do you guys think? Should I stick with CE or try the CDC? I race micros and mini-z so the batteries I'm charging would be AA's, AAA's, 2/3a's only...

I like my pitbull very much because it charges my batts everytime and packed lots of punch, I also heard batts charged from CDC is not as punchy. What do you guys think? I like the discharge function from the CDC so I don't have to buy a extra unit for discharging.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

where could you get the pitbull x3?
Old 03-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by disaster999
where could you get the pitbull x3?
It's supposed to be out this month.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

definitely pitbull x3

i am waiting for one

the integy charger gets the charge done, but like you said the punch is not there, as a charger its charging function is not good, regardless how many extra features it has it is useless
Old 03-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fire
definitely pitbull x3

i am waiting for one

the integy charger gets the charge done, but like you said the punch is not there, as a charger its charging function is not good, regardless how many extra features it has it is useless
sir any proof that cdc dont give enough charging capacity to the batts thats why its not too punchy?

im buying a charger! and i dont waste any money!
Old 03-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Don't know why you're down on the CDC - I get a very good charge out of mine.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:13 AM
BG
Tech Addict

It still has no discharge function on it
Old 03-09-2004, 01:14 AM
Tech Initiate

I have both PitBull (black Verion) and CDC 6.0B
I can't find any big different on it.

just feel that using CDC charge battery is little bit hot (compair with PitBull)

and also, I found a very interesting things on CDC.
when charge the batteries....
everytime charge to 50 seconds, it will stop (no current and voltage), then wait for 10 second, it charge automatically again.

I don't know whether is my CDC problem or not.

Did any CDC owner have this problem here????
Old 03-09-2004, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by KKKWAN
I have both PitBull (black Verion) and CDC 6.0B
I can't find any big different on it.

just feel that using CDC charge battery is little bit hot (compair with PitBull)

and also, I found a very interesting things on CDC.
when charge the batteries....
everytime charge to 50 seconds, it will stop (no current and voltage), then wait for 10 second, it charge automatically again.

I don't know whether is my CDC problem or not.

Did any CDC owner have this problem here????
i thinks that is not 50 sec. stop...... it stops bec. it measure the peak voltage and its nominal voltage charge. this method is used by delta charging method known to as "delta peak"! so it wont false peak and over charging your batts!

lets compare chargers for there advantage and not bushing them!
this will make our charger manufacturer competitive enough to meet our racing style!

peace bro.!
Old 03-09-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

CDC 6B charger has been superb for me. It's worth my money so far. It packs enough punch and never failed me before. babytoy101 is correct about the delta peaking.
Sadly, the discharge function is a bit disappointment. It did not really discharge my pack or is it the lack of my understanding? I dunno, just that it didn't discharge to my expectation.

Overall, I give 2 thumbs up for the charging quality it gave me.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

The discharge function is really good. Don't know how you could have problems, it's pretty straightforward.

You can adjust it from 0.1A to 20A, so you can cycle big and small cells without problems. Discharges to 0.8v per cell, sadly not adjustable, but it's a safe cutoff point. Gives capacity, average voltage, and calculates IR as well.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by babytoy101
sir any proof that cdc dont give enough charging capacity to the batts thats why its not too punchy?

im buying a charger! and i dont waste any money!
sorry i am not an ee so i don't have any really scientific data to back it up, but when i played miniz using a stock motor i can out accelerate other drivers using CDC with xspeed, and i had tried packs charged with CDC, it felt like dumping compare to mine, both are right after the charge

you will not waste money if you buy a charger from CE, if anything happens you can call at office hour and speck to a member of the engineering team directly

for discharger check out ebay, there are plenty of integy 30A discharge going at great price, and that discharge does get the job done right
Old 03-09-2004, 03:25 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fire
sorry i am not an ee so i don't have any really scientific data to back it up, but when i played miniz using a stock motor i can out accelerate other drivers using CDC with xspeed, and i had tried packs charged with CDC, it felt like dumping compare to mine, both are right after the charge

you will not waste money if you buy a charger from CE, if anything happens you can call at office hour and speck to a member of the engineering team directly

for discharger check out ebay, there are plenty of integy 30A discharge going at great price, and that discharge does get the job done right
I race Mini-Z too, was the charge setting on the CDC and pitbull the same when you try the batteries??
Old 03-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

yeah
more or less they were the same
Old 03-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sosidge
The discharge function is really good. Don't know how you could have problems, it's pretty straightforward.

You can adjust it from 0.1A to 20A, so you can cycle big and small cells without problems. Discharges to 0.8v per cell, sadly not adjustable, but it's a safe cutoff point. Gives capacity, average voltage, and calculates IR as well.
Well, yeah. What I meant is that it does not discharge to my liking. Example;a 1400 nicad which has already dump, I discharge it with CDC, plug it in and press the button. Settings are as manual, wait awhile then in a few seconds it beeps telling me it's discharged which infact it's not totally discharge. There's a little more discharge in it.

The next time u charge, the batt peak at 1700++ the max, if you truly discharge completely the 1400, your max peak at 1900 - 2000.(if your pack is healthy.)

Well, in all CDC is a GREAT charger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.