Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Pitbull X3 or Eagle CDC V6.0? >

Pitbull X3 or Eagle CDC V6.0?

Pitbull X3 or Eagle CDC V6.0?

Old 03-09-2004, 07:59 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does any of you that owns the CDC have the backlight go out on you? I heard lots of people said the backlight sometimes just stop working.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TFR
Does any of you that owns the CDC have the backlight go out on you? I heard lots of people said the backlight sometimes just stop working.

it's a common prob. Goes on and off to the charger's liking. Don't need to bother tho.. it's ignorable.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default CE Pitbull X3 and power supply availability

CE just emailed me today indicating that the new Pitbull X3 should be available in 2 weeks.

Their new 25A power supply should be available by April 1.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

good news
Old 03-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Wink

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I owned a CDC V6.0B for a year now or so and the only problem with me so far is the backlit, totally gone! I would say that this product are so called "middle class" item not to compare with Protrak, Turbo 35, etc. so far charging is not giving me a problem and I don't use this for discharging. Backlit, I don't give a damn into it nor any plan of getting a replacement for $35, agree with nixaad.

Furthermore here is my in and out with these products.

CDC Eagle Racing is sold in Asian country distributors while Integy products are sold through US distributors. When my backlit is having a problem, I sent an email to Eagle Racing Japan and sad to say that Japan Tech Support are SUCKS! you can't get any support from them. When I bought my CDC Auto Cut-off Saddle Discharger a month ago, I reported some unusual behavior, i.e. clicking sounds while in equalizing mode and burning smell. Again, no feedback from CDC tech support Japan. To my dismay, I decided to send an email to Integy on my queries about my backlit and Auto Cut-off Saddle Discharger. Integy tech supports are great! superb or what more can I say! they are very supportive, my mails was answered on the same day with my satisfaction! now am using my stuff with peace of mind. Now start saving for my next item to buy – CDC Thermo-Controlled Tire Warmer.

Backlit problem? link below given by Integy Tech Supports:

backlit

Last edited by Schumie; 03-10-2004 at 03:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

35 bux to fix a problem that were suppose to be deal with before the product is release.....
Old 03-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The CDC V6.0B is probably one of the best chargers out there. Best Value for the money. Gets the job done...I've had mine for over a year... and has worked flawlessly... Great customer service... I phoned them about the backlit going out...and same day...new backlit LCD was in the mail... no charge...

Schumie

If your backlit has gone out...open the case remove and reinstall the wires. This may light it up again...That's what I did to mine...just a loose connection.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:57 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: CE Pitbull X3 and power supply availability

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
CE just emailed me today indicating that the new Pitbull X3 should be available in 2 weeks.

Their new 25A power supply should be available by April 1.
Anymore info on their power supply? Any pictures?
Old 03-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
The CDC V6.0B is probably one of the best chargers out there. Best Value for the money. Gets the job done...I've had mine for over a year... and has worked flawlessly... Great customer service... I phoned them about the backlit going out...and same day...new backlit LCD was in the mail... no charge...

Schumie

If your backlit has gone out...open the case remove and reinstall the wires. This may light it up again...That's what I did to mine...just a loose connection.
If your backlit has gone out...open the case remove and reinstall the wires. This may light it up again(Quote )
i had the same issue and yes it turned out to be a loos connection with the module this is worth looking at prior to ordering a new module
Old 03-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by war11x
If your backlit has gone out...open the case remove and reinstall the wires. This may light it up again(Quote )
i had the same issue and yes it turned out to be a loos connection with the module this is worth looking at prior to ordering a new module
they sent me new module no charge....no questions asked. so I have an extra one just in case it really goes out...
Old 03-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

they sent me new module no charge....no questions asked. so I have an extra one just in case it really goes out...
got to be happy with that
cheers
Old 03-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: CE Pitbull X3 and power supply availability

Originally posted by TFR
Anymore info on their power supply? Any pictures?
The two pictures (front and back) of the new CE power supply were posted on the SMC Batteries string on this site. It was about two weeks ago.

Think of a GFX box cut down to a height of maybe 2-1/2" high with an on/off switch on the front and nice connectors on the back. It looked a lot like the 25 amp power supply available from Radio Shack.

It will be here soon enough...
Old 03-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Regular

I phoned them about the backlit going out...and same day...new backlit LCD was in the mail... no charge...

What a superb support then! huh!

anyways, i'll try to open it and will post here what would be the results, thanks for the input.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default so has anyone sent in an eagle DCD to integy?

ive got an eagle. but i live in australia i bought it from honk kong. has anybody sent thier eagle charger to integy? because it seems they have better customer relations then eagle racing.