Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Congrats Dameetz, is there a link anywhere to the event, results, pics etc.
How did KSCHU Go?

And im sure all the pinky drivers would apreciate a setup sheet once your back and settled.
Stock class KS was 2nd overall and MOD he is the champion, I was 4th on MOD. Believe it or not I ran the car almost box stock set up only few changes to the droop setting. I ll try to post some photos later on.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

A few things like driveshafts, bearings, spool outdrives, diff parts etc are same or similar if you really wanted to put tammy stuff on. But with the 3r parts being so much cheaper no real need for it.
atually it's the other way around, like delrins for spool and prolly differentials too.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheehtae
atually it's the other way around, like delrins for spool and prolly differentials too.
yes spool outdrives fit.
diffs, the 416 diff is about 1mm too wide, it would fit if you get hold of some 4mm narrow bearings, instead of the kit 5mm. I do have some from another project i was working on, but they are expensive and dont have shields.

Im looking to get one of those spec r gear diffs to try it out. But i will need to put a tammy 37t spool pulley on, kit is 38
Old 05-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This car is great in many aspects. Hwoever the real pain of this car is getting the right spring rates of your liking. Right now the short tammy springs is not cutting it for me or at least for my taste. To make you feel really frustrated is that you know that the pile of Hara springs in the pit box will definately fix it, BUT they are too long.

Few of my buddies already commented that it is very odd to design a car that does not allow the use of pupular or normal length TC springs. 3R really need to fix this problem real quick.

I've already pulled out a 3mm carbon fiber sheet last night and seriously considering fabricating taller shock towers to fix this problem.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by old-man
This car is great in many aspects. Hwoever the real pain of this car is getting the right spring rates of your liking. Right now the short tammy springs is not cutting it for me or at least for my taste. To make you feel really frustrated is that you know that the pile of Hara springs in the pit box will definately fix it, BUT they are too long.

Few of my buddies already commented that it is very odd to design a car that does not allow the use of pupular or normal length TC springs. 3R really need to fix this problem real quick.

I've already pulled out a 3mm carbon fiber sheet last night and seriously considering fabricating taller shock towers to fix this problem.
No need for making new towers, the front can be fixed easy with a 3R tower for a 416, the holes are exactly 1mm too wide, a drill press or a stead hand with a dremel can make it fit.

The rear should be fine as is, with the use of thin retainers, and the 1mm down spring perches.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Did anyone for sh!ts and giggles try the Losi springs??? I wish my car would hurry up and get here just so I can try the Losi springs on it

Dameetz, can you give us your setup...
Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

No need for making new towers, the front can be fixed easy with a 3R tower for a 416, the holes are exactly 1mm too wide, a drill press or a stead hand with a dremel can make it fit.

The rear should be fine as is, with the use of thin retainers, and the 1mm down spring perches.
Any chance of 3Racing fixing the issue themselves? Do they have their own line of springs or maybe they would consider making an aftermarket shock tower to use standard shocks?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Any chance of 3Racing fixing the issue themselves? Do they have their own line of springs or maybe they would consider making an aftermarket shock tower to use standard shocks?

They already have a line of springs, should be in shops anyday now.

I have requested either a taller tower, or a shorter top cap, and i have directed them to this thread, so hopefully there will be some immediate action.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt

I have just spoken to 3 Racing regarding this issue. They are making a range of short springs which should be available as Besercoe said.

I have also been told that they will also make a optional taller front shock tower (similar to a 416 tower) which will allow the use of longer springs (HPI etc). This should be available in about 2 weeks I have been told
Old 05-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Not to intrude on your thread, but just for your consideration in the mean time, the TOP racing spring set for the scythe might be of use, they are 2mm shorter than hpi springs i think from memory ???

Have you tried those Bradd?

Cheers

Robbie
Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xray racer
Not to intrude on your thread, but just for your consideration in the mean time, the TOP racing spring set for the scythe might be of use, they are 2mm shorter than hpi springs i think from memory ???

Have you tried those Bradd?

Cheers

Robbie
Hi Robbie,
Good point on the older TOP springs, yes i do have a set floating around, but never really liked them too much on the Scythe.

I think most people just want to use springs that are a known quantity, most notably HPI, Tamiya and Xray. Especially the HPI which are a default asphalt spring nowadays.

I have pointed the 3Racing crew to this thread, and Cannon was speaking to the main man Jacky today, so i am sure we will see some results shortly.

3Racing has always been very quick to bring parts to market, so i am sure it will be resolved shortly.

BTW the feedback from Jacky was that the car was designed to be able to mount the Tamiya IFS stlye low slung GT bodies, which accounts for the short shocks, and 3/4 length springs.

There are also a number of other projects on the drawing board, details wont be too far off from what i have seen.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guy's

I've been building the car this weekend, didn't had much time, so the elec's are not in yet... Had to drive a tammy race. But.... I'm not happy with the building. I'm havin' no (read: not much) droop at the rear side, and have (like all others) a lot of ride hight at te front. The front will be fixed. But the rear concerns me. I'm havin' long shock shaft's to give the rear more droop, but it's not in my liking. Anyone having another idea?

Also the rear diff fit's really tight... I've been sanding the bearing holders, but still there is no play, this slows down my drive train a bit, and now there a expensive ceramic bearing set in, which does nothing

Last but not least, all the ball heads are tight.... I've cut off the top of the ball head, tried to "ream" them, but still they are tight.

Anyone of you havin' issue's with this? Solutions maybe?
It needs to be ready for the European Touringcar Series this weekend in the Netherlands, so not much time to order stuff.

Best Regards Robert
Old 05-17-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Guy's

I've been building the car this weekend, didn't had much time, so the elec's are not in yet... Had to drive a tammy race. But.... I'm not happy with the building. I'm havin' no (read: not much) droop at the rear side, and have (like all others) a lot of ride hight at te front. The front will be fixed. But the rear concerns me. I'm havin' long shock shaft's to give the rear more droop, but it's not in my liking. Anyone having another idea?

Also the rear diff fit's really tight... I've been sanding the bearing holders, but still there is no play, this slows down my drive train a bit, and now there a expensive ceramic bearing set in, which does nothing

Last but not least, all the ball heads are tight.... I've cut off the top of the ball head, tried to "ream" them, but still they are tight.

It needs to be ready for the European Touringcar Series this weekend in the Netherlands, so not much time to order stuff.

Best Regards Robert
Robert

Cant comment on the droop

I had issues with the diffs until I found i didn't have the bearing holders sitting down properly. My car is now fine

Ball cups. Never had an issue. My suspension drops very fast with no shocks in place so the ball cups are not binding

Last edited by cannon; 05-17-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know how to properly build the RDS diff, do I sand the rings? What kind of diff lube do I need? Niftech alright?

Oh BTW, The car runs amazing. Everyone at my local track seems pretty impressed with it.

Just having a hard time stopping the roll in my car, but I think thats the Tamiya white and blue short springs.

-Troy
Old 05-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Guy's

Best Regards Robert
I dont have any droop shortage at the rear, my car is handling fine with it.

You can add 0.3mm on the screws (sandwiched between the upper bulkhead cover and the lower bulkhead) this will free up the diffs. Just like Jilles did to his TRF on the video (he was using 0.1 mm though)

Ball heads connectors: check that you are not screwing in too much of the thread in to the plastic ball cup. Mine are free except for the stabiliser ball connectors, so I found out by unscrewing it a bit will free those ball connectors. Everything is fine now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.