Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Allows esc and rx to move in for better balance.

I'm giving mine her maiden race tonight also....
Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Titanium screw !
update roller diff. ?
& don't change belt left to right side ?
Swapping the belts left to right is almost pointless as the Motor and servo .... the two heaviest items on the left of the car cannot be moved
Old 05-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
Allows esc and rx to move in for better balance.

I'm giving mine her maiden race tonight also....

So how did the car go? I just got mine today from my LHS, its going to be a busy sleepless nite tonite.....I m going to drive this car for FEMCA race in 2 weeks time.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Anyone have a report on how this car handles on the track? Just ordered my car so hopefully I will see for myself in a few weeks... If you guys have any suggestions on parts that I may need to stock up on please post....
Old 05-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At the C in Frederick, I have it working decent, with my own setup on High Bite Asphalt in the 21.5 sportsman class. Getting ready to change to 17.5 next week.

The biggest thing you need is springs, I am using a white serpent spring on the front and a blue tamiya short on the rear.

So far the car has been really great, it handles well and responses to changes too. So far I have not broken anything.

Total Time on Track most likely so far has been about 1 hour of driving time in the past 3 days.

-Troy
Old 05-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was stripping the car last night for a rebuild when i tried to do something i have been thinking about since i got the car, turning the servo around.

I ended up using the steering locker pin hole, and put the servo right up against the steering assembly.
I had to flip the belts, but as the new gen of Lipos are taller, you need to offset the lipo about 3mm anyhow so no big problem there.

I will have to get it all assembled and working to see what efects it has on handling, but if nothing else it has freed up a mile of acreage on the chassis for the electrics.
Attached Thumbnails Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-picture-1461.jpg   Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!-picture-1462.jpg  
Old 05-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Finally took the car out today with it first run

I would like the say the car is on par with all the top end car.
I am very happy with the performance of the car. It has as much tuning as all the top notch car on the market, and the price is unbeatable

Old 05-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd say.... very impressive. Saw you run today... Loved the paint work with the clear wing. <2 thumbs, way up!>
Old 05-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nemo racing

I am very happy with the performance of the car. It has as much tuning as all the top notch car on the market, and the price is unbeatable
What springs are you using?

-Troy
Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I was stripping the car last night for a rebuild when i tried to do something i have been thinking about since i got the car, turning the servo around.

I ended up using the steering locker pin hole, and put the servo right up against the steering assembly.
I had to flip the belts, but as the new gen of Lipos are taller, you need to offset the lipo about 3mm anyhow so no big problem there.

I will have to get it all assembled and working to see what efects it has on handling, but if nothing else it has freed up a mile of acreage on the chassis for the electrics.
That's a well organized working space

But, I'm not really convinced by the angle it makes. Not only is it scratching your top deck, but how will these small angles of the arm react in driving? Looks to me that, with shortening both swing arms it will react really direct and fast. Maybe to direct and too fast. You could compensate it with curve's on your transmitter, but I don't think that's the solution. Yes, it will provide a lot more space, but what else will it do? The idea is really cool though.

Best Regards
Robert
Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Troy1x
What springs are you using?

-Troy
I am using Atomic short Mini spring

I'd say.... very impressive. Saw you run today... Loved the paint work with the clear wing. <2 thumbs, way up!>
Thank you
Old 05-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nemo racing

i want one.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

its on the way
Old 05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ran mine last Friday night. Indoors tight, surfaced concrete, mid - high traction.
I was quite pleased with the car itself. I didn't get time to fit the swaybars prior to the night.

To be honest , there were a number of things stacked against me for the night :

New chassis.
No test time prior.
Old tyres ( very )
I haven't raced much this year, so I was a bit rusty.
I also stepped up to 17.5 with a Tekin. Last year I had an SPX and a 21.5...

So I had a car with a LOT more of everything.....especially top end, which I wasn't used to.
With my rubber, I was finding the grip inconsistent , as was my driving.

I got the second fastest lap somehow, with plenty more setup required. I believe there is at least .4 more in it easily. My race times weren't great but that was all driver.
I finished with a crash in the final. I turned into a hard edged corner board , breaking the lower A arm. Everything else looks intact.
This turn is a shocker for me. I have broken at least four steering blocks and two top decks on my Xray this year.
The line is aggressive and works if you get it right..... But again, I'm used to driving slower classes ( mini and 21.5 ) where you need to keep it tight to be fast.

Last edited by fleetmaster; 05-03-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: typos with B'berry
Old 05-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I would have expected the new car to take in account the taller batteries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.