Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
hope to meet u at TITC....
No problem, just look for the 6 foot 4, fat white dude with glasses making too much noise with the rest of the Aussies

If you wanna chat add to msn with [email protected]
Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
No problem, just look for the 6 foot 4, fat white dude with glasses making too much noise with the rest of the Aussies

If you wanna chat add to msn with [email protected]
wow, u so tall !

msn added...
Old 01-12-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

via info ive got......
Old 01-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Nothing wrong IMO at drawing a little inspiration from other successful designs. The motor mount and suspension blocks are very T3. The upper bulkheads are very HB Cyclone. I can't really see the resemblance to the Photon. Maybe I missed something.

As for TITC? I'd like to go but I'm just about to move into a new place which will drain the bank account a bit so I'm not sure.
Originally Posted by krat
the mid pulley and spur gear holder are photon..
And don't forget the mounting of the rear shock tower.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Of course 3Racing needs to borrowing other car's idea. Who in the market can really come up a car with brand new design and be successful? Even the first class manufactures like Tamiya, Xray, HB can't guarantee that. By borrowing the good ideas from other cars then combine it all to be a 3Racing car is the easier way for them to do. I guess 3Racing has no world class driver helping them on design. Just some average drivers helping them on doing this project. Please do not expect this car can be like 416X, T3. Aleast they do not have the good resources on doing the world class marketing, knowledge of design and advance manufacturing. I think one step down would be suitable on applying the market position from those world class cars. This would be like another Photon in the market position. All of those is not very important for 3Racing, the only question for them is. Is this car can generate more profit for 3Racing? I think the answer is YES.

More and more RC parts and cars are making in China now. No wonder Chinese is so rich now.
I think it has more to do with the fact that there is only so many different ways to design components so of course parts will resemble other cars. True they don't have world class marketing but they do in design...what most people don't realize about 3Racing is RC is not their main business...they are an aerospace company. So they do have design and advanced manufacturing knowledge.

As for the layshaft resembling the Photon...the Photon's layshaft mounts connect to the upper deck, this car does not. Also did anyone notice one of the motor mount screws is behind the spur gear? That may make gear mesh adjustment a bit difficult.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I think it has more to do with the fact that there is only so many different ways to design components so of course parts will resemble other cars. True they don't have world class marketing but they do in design...what most people don't realize about 3Racing is RC is not their main business...they are an aerospace company. So they do have design and advanced manufacturing knowledge.

As for the layshaft resembling the Photon...the Photon's layshaft mounts connect to the upper deck, this car does not. Also did anyone notice one of the motor mount screws is behind the spur gear? That may make gear mesh adjustment a bit difficult.
I don't now if the T3 it has but in my T2'007 was one of the motor motor mount screws behind the spur gear.
With the Xray spur gears, there was no problem. But with other spur gears it was harder.
I build in first the motor and after that the spur gear. I didn't tighten the screws of the motor. Only the one that I could reach. I set it right and as that was done, I removed the spur gear and tightened the other motor screw.

The reason that the cars look like each other is also because some things work well and as you want to be original, you still have tings that look like other cars.
Mount the lipo in the center and you look like a TM.

The car looks good and I want to now how it preforms.
I will not switch to it because I love my TOP but it would be a second choice of me.
As the spur gear mount fits on the Photon I will make it red and use that one. It looks good.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
...what most people don't realize about 3Racing is RC is not their main business...they are an aerospace company. So they do have design and advanced manufacturing knowledge.
Cool I didn't know that.

As for the motor mounts....that will be difficult. The Xray does that but Xray spurs and RW Xray spurs have large holes you can get a hex driver through. But you won't be able to use Xray spurs with that spur gear mount. But all cars have there quirks.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like the rose color, but it does look alot like a cross between a T3 and a Photon. T3 bulkheads with Photon shock mounting and roll center plates, Photon has Carbon fiber roll center plates whereas this has aluminum.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dondor
I like the rose color, but it does look alot like a cross between a T3 and a Photon. T3 bulkheads with Photon shock mounting and roll center plates, Photon has Carbon fiber roll center plates whereas this has aluminum.
Cyruls explanation of the carbon RC mount plate, was that it maintains a straight link, not affected by changes in the link length. Personally it gave me flashbacks to running the original 415 and having to pull the car apart to change a link.

Friend with the Photon have said it is a deterrent to trying different link centres.

Bring on some more piccies Mr 3Racing
Old 01-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

little update on 3racing over option parts the car is romoured for release after titc there team have started to build and test today....

come on guys we need picssssssss
Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

update of release....

from 3racing today is APRIL

grrrrrrr i need it now grrrrrrr
Old 01-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by abe-racing
update of release....

from 3racing today is APRIL

grrrrrrr i need it now grrrrrrr
I would imagine an estimated April release is just giving themselves enough time to make changes if required after feedback from the drivers at TITC.

I wonder if the pink will clash too much with my solid orange paint?
Old 01-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

real Photo of Sakura!!!
http://www.3racing.hk/sakura-zero/english/
Old 01-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano
looks cool! Can't wait to see these start showing up. I love the engrish descriptions of the features too
Old 01-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Let's hope the car is faster than there website ;-)

Anybody knows what they mean by SLP (Steering locker pin) ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.