Old 06-06-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone else in the yorkshire area gone for a Sakura
Old 06-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martynp
Has anyone else in the yorkshire area gone for a Sakura

Hi martynp not quiet what you was asking, im i little further up in the north east not a million miles away . How you getting on with it ?
Old 06-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have run it a couple of times and am very happy with it. I am just waiting on the replacement springs coming from 3 racing as i got the wrong ones in the kit. have you read the review on rc area
Old 06-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martynp
I have run it a couple of times and am very happy with it. I am just waiting on the replacement springs coming from 3 racing as i got the wrong ones in the kit. have you read the review on rc area
Your kit order from where ?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Running this car on a 11.5T motor on a medium traction track and having problem getting the rear end to sit tight on tight turns with Sorex 36R tires. Have tried increasing the roll center and 3 degree rear toe-in, spring rates, damper oil etc with little success. Needless to say the car has lots of steering, too much in fact.

Running our of ideas. Any help appreciated.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old-man
Running this car on a 11.5T motor on a medium traction track and having problem getting the rear end to sit tight on tight turns with Sorex 36R tires. Have tried increasing the roll center and 3 degree rear toe-in, spring rates, damper oil etc with little success. Needless to say the car has lots of steering, too much in fact.

Post up where your at with the car at the moment, and the track size and conditions.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old-man

I m running sorex40 with med type C inserts, with stock 2 deg toe, 3racing black springs all around and Much more 500 oil. Everything, seems to fine, my only problem is turning into tight right corner when if not careful will break loose at the rear. At the moment i just reduce the right steering throw a bit and it seems to be ok now. Try harder springs at the front maybe that will help a bit or decrease rear droop if its oversteer off power.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
I m running sorex40 with med type C inserts, with stock 2 deg toe, 3racing black springs all around and Much more 500 oil. Everything, seems to fine, my only problem is turning into tight right corner when if not careful will break loose at the rear. At the moment i just reduce the right steering throw a bit and it seems to be ok now. Try harder springs at the front maybe that will help a bit or decrease rear droop if its oversteer off power.
I have the exact same problem as you do and reducing steering seem to help a little. Would prefer to have the rear to be tighter. Right now it seems that steering and rear traction is not balanced.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sorex 40 and 500 oil is pretty hgh.
I would suggest increase rear camber to say 2 degrees, and go to the 3 degrees toe block, or at least get the negative half front block to attain 2.5 degrees.

Also, i think the kit setting for the rear camber link is in the outer hole on the hub, go to the inner, this should lock in the rear end.

I would suggest not going to harder front spring, i always find changing one end without the other really affects the balance, like the car is fighting itself.

You could also be finding the car is overgripped, try raising the arm moutns with spacers, start at 1mm and see how it changes the feel.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Your kit order from where ?
I got mine from ABE Racing my sponsers one of the first kits in the UK
Old 06-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Cool

i think rear need 3 deg toe in...
Old 06-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kschu
i think rear need 3 deg toe in...
Yea I guess so but I don't have it yet at the time...I m still away now and be home by nxt wks...by then my stuff should be arrive and will test it again soon.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

dameetz and old-man, I had the same problem you guys described and I played with the rear camber link and rear camber to resolve the issue. Try adding more camber gain in the rear to keep the car from rolling too far over on the tire thus breaking the rear loose..
Old 06-08-2010, 05:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Teach you going to Fredericks race in 2 weeks? If so I would like to take a look at your new Zero. I know me and Steve are going to Trains and Lanes race this weekend.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default update

hi all
pleased to say after the weekends racing the cars are planted and well on the pace my friend was just knocked out the A finals by 00.3 off a second with a mistake during the run :0(
I was bit lower down the b finals due to making too many changes to the car during qualifying and on the last run the rear upper link come unscrewed
but car was flying in finals after changing most things back to kit
what made the biggest difference was adding 0.5m to the lower roll center all round and changing the droop settings to 5 rear 4 front with 5 mm ride height
3 deg rear toe and less front camber car felt so nice to drive
seems the car likes hot tires as well much more consistent during five min run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.