Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by khaledome
2- what spares or must have options should i buy with the car?
I haven't broken anything yet... KNOCK on WOOD, I race in a tight indoor asphalt tack so one wrong move and I could be smashing into the wall. Its held up pretty good so far.

Get the toe blocks, +1, +3
ceramic diff balls and thrust
extra pink washers I ordered .5, 1, 2mm
I bought all plastics, suspension front and rear arms, c-hubs, rear hubs, steering blocks. The car is pretty stout though and some 3mm shims for the layshaft.
Front and Rear sway bars

-Troy
Old 05-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm asking on behalf of a m8 here, he wants to know how you're able to turn the servo round. Did you have to drill a hole in the chassis as he can't seem to see how you've done it.
Thanks in advance for him.
Scotty.........
Old 05-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by msxmre
I'm asking on behalf of a m8 here, he wants to know how you're able to turn the servo round. Did you have to drill a hole in the chassis as he can't seem to see how you've done it.
Thanks in advance for him.
Scotty.........
I will have to tak some decent pics.
I sat the servo behind the steering bridge, drilled a new hole for the inside servo mount approx half way between the existing centre post holes, and used the std servo post.
The outer servo post, i used an Xray narrow servo post, mounted in front of the servo, with a hole drilled near the outside edge of the chassis. Unfortunately one of the square weight holes is in the wrong position to use the std post on the outside.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, It really does the same to me.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dameetz
Has anyone tried the roller diff bearing system yet?

To me it feels like a tight, not so smooth ball diff.
On the track it gives the car a ton more steering, but not real good on lower grip surfaces.
Give it a try, its only 2 part numbers, the pulley and the rollers, a cheap experiment.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Troy1x
I was thinking of trying 45/40 combo or 45/45. I am also getting the Hard Top deck this week.

I am waiting on the roll center shims to come out, I tried raising the roll center by 1.0mm all around with washers but I was only adding washers to the pivot block pins and when I screwing the block down it looked like I was bending the block, so I stopped. If I tried that again I would need washers for the screws as well as the pins, so the rear block would need four washers total.

So if I didn't want to go with 3racing springs, I could go out and buy a set of trf shocks and a set of HPI springs or Tamiya Springs and be all set?

-Troy
Go straight to 50wt all around, making a small change might be hard to distinguish.
Re roll centre spacers, just install the spacers in the screw holes only, dont worry about the pins.
Re springs I have offered some suggestions to 3Racing, we will see what they come back with, but in the interim if you want to use HPI length springs, bolt on some TRF Shocks.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Brad, since the Sakura shocks are almost identical to the TRF shocks, can I just change the shock body , the shock shaft and the plastic top to the TRF ones so I can run the normal height springs? I really don't want to loose the PINK stuff.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dameetz
Brad, since the Sakura shocks are almost identical to the TRF shocks, can I just change the shock body , the shock shaft and the plastic top to the TRF ones so I can run the normal height springs? I really don't want to loose the PINK stuff.
Yes i have been playing with this idea too.
Really the only thing that is an issue is the plastic top hat on the 3R shocks, it is approx 2mm taller than a std TRF shock top hat.
You could potentially put the trf top hat into the pink ring, but the fit is a little loose. I also looked at some TOP Photon top hats, and they are very close to fitting perfect, but i didnt actually buy them to try.

I have not been able to see that the black TRF rings are sold seperately, it would be an easy fix, just get the rings and the top hat.

Like i said, i am hoping 3Racing responds to the need to use regular springs on the car and come out with either a new top hat or taller shock towers.
Unfortunately we are in a different boat to Losi and Team Magic, in that we are so close to being able to use regular springs that we are trying to make it happen, with those 2 brands your so far out of whack that you live with the need for special short springs.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by khaledome
i decided to order this car today, but i have 2 questions,
1- it is out of stock in rcmarket, i usually make my shopping in rcmarket do you know another online shop that i can buy ( i live in turkey)
2- what spares or must have options should i buy with the car?
This is Olaf from LMI Racing Germany. We still have enough on stock of Sakura and 98% of all parts on stock and backstock every 20 days. Shipping to Turkey is EUR 16,00 and you have no taxes and duty, so the price with shipping is only EUR 349,00 EURO...

Have fun

Olaf

LMI RACING
Germany
Old 05-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know of any US distributors for parts? My Sakura should be here by the end of the week. I need to get stocked up. I have a few ideas that I want to try based on some of the posts here. I'll be sure to post.

Also, has anyone found any parts (knuckles, c-hubs, arms) from other kits that will work in this chassis?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

yes al"s buddy
Old 05-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alphaqgti
Does anyone know of any US distributors for parts? My Sakura should be here by the end of the week. I need to get stocked up. I have a few ideas that I want to try based on some of the posts here. I'll be sure to post.

Also, has anyone found any parts (knuckles, c-hubs, arms) from other kits that will work in this chassis?
Xray plastics will fit, all the hubs will not to sure about the arms though.

Im happy with the quality of the kit. No slop what so ever and quality of finish and materials is great, the car looks very promising.

Ill be running the car both on tarmac and carpet. Ill report back on how it performs on the rug.

Alex. . .
Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Im happy with the quality of the kit. No slop what so ever and quality of finish and materials is great, the car looks very promising.

Ill be running the car both on tarmac and carpet. Ill report back on how it performs on the rug.

Alex. . .
I second that, very high quality kit.

Today was the first day of FEMCA race. Its on carpet. The only thing that I m using that was not from Sakura was the springs, I still haven't receive the correct replacement from 3racing, BUT they have sent it using EMS 2 days ago, should be here by tomorrow I guess. So at the moment I m using Active hobby short springs with modded Kyosho spring retainers and ball cup to get the ride height that I wanted. I tested back 2 back with my TRF416X during free practice today. I just felt comfortable pushing this Sakura hard than my TRF. I have tons of steering yet the rear end still planted when diving hard into the corners. I m really happy with this car and will be using it throughout the race. Tomorrow will be controlled practice day. I report again soon.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Update kit today restock !
Old 05-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default SPRINGS

hi all been reading all the posts but first time ive said anything
ive built and run the car the quailty is good i must say and with a little track time it has potential
but there are a few issuses that need working out
i found the car close to un-drivable with the springs that were supplied with the kit and sorry to say i broke it on my best run off the day,
now im having terrible trouble getting hold off any replacement parts, ive still not received the promised setup board either

right where or how do i get my hands on the replacement springs that seems to be available now ???
are where is the best place to get parts from in the uk ?
can some one please help me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.