R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/352933-ask-paul-lemieux-rc-america-motiv-gravity-rc.html)

Paul L 12-18-2009 07:32 AM

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Hi everyone.
New sponsors, new thread. but dont worry it will have the same horrible spelling, grammer and punctuation as ever, maybe worse! :)

Id like to thank all of my sponsors for allowing me to do what i love.
and I think their will be some more coming aboard at the beginning of the year.

RC America,
Xray,
MOTIV,
Protoform,
Futaba,
hudy.

Body work: Russ paint
Decals: Dekelz.com
Shirts: P1 brand.com

Thanks all!!

trerc 12-18-2009 07:34 AM

Hi Paul, Good to see you with Thunder Power :nod:

niznai 12-18-2009 07:46 AM

Paul, why do you list both Xray and Hudy? Aren't they the same company/people? Or....?

Paul L 12-18-2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by trerc (Post 6735714)
Hi Paul, Good to see you with Thunder Power :nod:

Thanks!

Originally Posted by niznai (Post 6735760)
Paul, why do you list both Xray and Hudy? Aren't they the same company/people? Or....?

The Hudy's own both Xray and Hudy and they are manufactured in the same building but i think its technically a different company. or maybe Hudy is the manufacturing company and xray is the marketing. im not really sure.

schreff 12-18-2009 08:01 AM

Hey Paulie... cool to see ya with Thunder Power. Jim is a great guy as well as everybody else at TP.

Looks as though Mr. Fairtrace and myself will be running Mod wit ya at the Birds. :nod: Be nice to us. :lol:

Fred Hubbard 12-18-2009 08:02 AM

Hey Paulie thanks for coming out here to the KO last weekend and especially thanks for the coffee!!!:)

Paul L 12-18-2009 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by schreff (Post 6735826)
Hey Paulie... cool to see ya with Thunder Power. Jim is a great guy as well as everybody else at TP.

Looks as though Mr. Fairtrace and myself will be running Mod wit ya at the Birds. :nod: Be nice to us. :lol:

Thanks Schreff, awesome to hear about you guys running mod!. i get the feeling that you will both be just fine.

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard (Post 6735830)
Hey Paulie thanks for coming out here to the KO last weekend and especially thanks for the coffee!!!:)

No problem, see at the next one!

Skitee 12-18-2009 08:10 AM

Hey Paul, Good luck with the new sponsor.

What motors will you be running now ?

niznai 12-18-2009 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Paul L (Post 6735814)
The Hudy's own both Xray and Hudy and they are manufactured in the same building but i think its technically a different company. or maybe Hudy is the manufacturing company and xray is the marketing. im not really sure.

Ouch, Paul.
Could it be that hudy is the tool making company and Xray the car making company. It may be a marketing gimmick though. You know, you can't race for a company other than Xray and have Xray tools on your table. You can have Hudy tools though.

HarryN 12-18-2009 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Paul L (Post 6735701)
Hi everyone.
New sponsors, new thread. but dont worry it will have the same horrible spelling, grammer and punctuation as ever, maybe worse! :)

Id like to thank all of my sponsors for allowing me to do what i love.
and I think their will be some more coming aboard at the begining of the year.

RC America,
Xray,
Thunderpower,
Protoform,
Futaba,
hudy.

Body work: Russ paint
Decals: Dekelz.com
Shirts: P1 brand.com

Thanks all!!

grammAr!! grammAr!! With an A!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Mr. Paul, you are a damn good racer and wanted to congratulate you on your new sponsors. I know I am just a regular racer and all, but I figure I jump in and say grats! :smile:

Will you be in Maryland for the 2010 ROAR Nats in March?

ToysRUsKid 12-18-2009 08:16 AM

Hey Paul, congrats on everything. I'm taking my T3 out this weekend for the first time, going to try my hand in Mod :eek:. I'll be reaching out to you soon, until then, stay fast.

rosko 12-18-2009 08:28 AM

with foam tire sedan what are some of the ways you would try and get more mid to exit steering with 4 deg blocks? can easily just put on some 6 deg but i like how the 4's feel. car has good turn in and good on power but of power :cry: thanks. alicia says hi

b-man777 12-18-2009 08:49 AM

Hey all: Congrats on the new sponsor Paul. With your move to thunderpower lipo will you still be running trinity/epic brushless or switching that as well? Since you use futaba radios have you tried out their new brushless esc? Thanks for the info and good luck in 2010 :spidey:

Korey Harbke 12-18-2009 10:20 AM

Congrats Paul. You'll love the Thunder Power batteries! What do you plan to run for motors and ESC :sneaky:?

-Korey

Hebiki 12-18-2009 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke (Post 6736249)
Congrats Paul. You'll love the Thunder Power batteries! What do you plan to run for motors and ESC :sneaky:?

-Korey

why dont you ask him if he wants to run ORCA :D sheesh.. dont have to beat around the bush. :lol: ;)

Paul L 12-18-2009 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Skitee (Post 6735860)
Hey Paul, Good luck with the new sponsor.

What motors will you be running now ?

Thanks!, Im not really sure yet what motors i will use. we will see.

Originally Posted by niznai (Post 6735867)
Ouch, Paul.
Could it be that hudy is the tool making company and Xray the car making company. It may be a marketing gimmick though. You know, you can't race for a company other than Xray and have Xray tools on your table. You can have Hudy tools though.

True, Hudy existed long before xray as a manufacture of tools and car parts for rc car companys. then came along Xray, instead of making it the Hudy car they started Xray.

Originally Posted by HarryN (Post 6735871)
grammAr!! grammAr!! With an A!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Mr. Paul, you are a damn good racer and wanted to congratulate you on your new sponsors. I know I am just a regular racer and all, but I figure I jump in and say grats! :smile:

Will you be in Maryland for the 2010 ROAR Nats in March?

LOL, Thanks on the support!. I will not be at the Carpet nats in march, Im getting Merryed (spelling lol) in march so i will be missing that one.

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid (Post 6735877)
Hey Paul, congrats on everything. I'm taking my T3 out this weekend for the first time, going to try my hand in Mod :eek:. I'll be reaching out to you soon, until then, stay fast.

Cool, good luck. talk to you soon.

Originally Posted by rosko (Post 6735922)
with foam tire sedan what are some of the ways you would try and get more mid to exit steering with 4 deg blocks? can easily just put on some 6 deg but i like how the 4's feel. car has good turn in and good on power but of power :cry: thanks. alicia says hi

Hi Brandon, you can extend your ackermann post forward (the knotches), and that will give you more on power steering, also you may try tightening up your front diff also. those two things were always pretty effective for exiting the corner. Tell Alicia i said Hi.

Originally Posted by b-man777 (Post 6735986)
Hey all: Congrats on the new sponsor Paul. With your move to thunderpower lipo will you still be running trinity/epic brushless or switching that as well? Since you use futaba radios have you tried out their new brushless esc? Thanks for the info and good luck in 2010 :spidey:

Hi, right now im not really sure whos motors i will run in the future, though i did still use my trinity mods at the last race. And I have not tried the Futaba speedo. Thanks, you too. Paul

Paul L 12-18-2009 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke (Post 6736249)

-Korey

yea the batterys are definately top's. Honestly right now i have some NON Motor/speedo things going on. I dont want to get spread too thin, so ill let things settle down a bit before i consitter working with more companys.

Originally Posted by Hebiki (Post 6736255)
why dont you ask him if he wants to run ORCA :D sheesh.. dont have to beat around the bush. :lol: ;)

LOL.

#88driver 12-18-2009 11:12 AM

Hey Paul. Congrats on your new sponsors. Also congrats on getting married. Hope to see you soon.

ChristopherKee 12-18-2009 11:36 AM

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Korey Harbke 12-18-2009 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Paul L (Post 6736305)
yea the batterys are definately top's. Honestly right now i have some NON Motor/speedo things going on. I dont want to get spread too thin, so ill let things settle down a bit before i consitter working with more companys.

LOL.

LOL. I was just giving you a hard time since it had already been asked a few times. Congrats man! Good luck on your new ventures.

-Korey

Barry Baker 12-18-2009 01:33 PM

Paul,

What motors are yo gunna use?;)...Thought I would get in on it...LOL

Johnny Wishbone 12-18-2009 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Barry Baker (Post 6736899)
Paul,

What motors are yo gunna use?;)...Thought I would get in on it...LOL

Back off Baker, Paul what motors are you going to run, just post it here, I promise I won't tell anyone else.

(Just jabbing you Barry).

TonyMessing 12-18-2009 03:28 PM

hey

cool man, congratulations on your rc success! I haven't racing in years....

I'm in Orlando, FL right now. you coming to the snowbird race? Tell Stogie I said hi

JamesArluck 12-18-2009 04:06 PM

Be sure to put up a teaser post when you pick a motor sponsor, so we can all gather at 5pm and crash r/c tech like the last time Barry switched :lol:

Fred Hubbard 12-18-2009 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by JamesArluck (Post 6737359)
Be sure to put up a teaser post when you pick a motor sponsor, so we can all gather at 5pm and crash r/c tech like the last time Barry switched :lol:

That was awesome wasn't it!!:lol:

beavis353 12-18-2009 04:44 PM

DRIVA.

stiltskin 12-18-2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Paul L (Post 6736305)

LOL.

It must suck to be you. :lol: Good luck with the upcoming marriage. Does she know that you play with toy cars? :D

devin4444 12-18-2009 07:45 PM

Hey Paul congrats on the new sponsors and marriage. Can you invite me to your bachelor party:lol:. When is the next time you will be at Trackside got the Xray working great just need some set up tips.

niznai 12-18-2009 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Paul L (Post 6736269)

LOL, Thanks on the support!. I will not be at the Carpet nats in march, Im getting Merryed (spelling lol) in march so i will be missing that one.

Oh, you will need all the merryment you can get if that's the case then.

Don't forget to put your better half on the sponsor list. That has the potential to bring merryment to an abrupt stop.

gtxcowboy 12-20-2009 11:42 AM

Where are you from in WI?

madhammer 12-20-2009 04:34 PM

Congrats on the wedding, and good luck with the tp batts. Thanks again for the help with my xray, I keep getting better every week. I hope to come down to trackside for the new years race.

Jason Hack

Paul L 12-21-2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by #88driver (Post 6736443)
Hey Paul. Congrats on your new sponsors. Also congrats on getting married. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks, maybe Novak race?

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee (Post 6736539)
Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke (Post 6736549)
LOL. I was just giving you a hard time since it had already been asked a few times. Congrats man! Good luck on your new ventures.

-Korey

Lol, i know. Thanks

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone (Post 6737121)
Back off Baker, Paul what motors are you going to run, just post it here, I promise I won't tell anyone else.

(Just jabbing you Barry).

Im going to go race for Mabuchi JP direct. 30turns of silver can, no timing action hitting a track near you. LOL

Originally Posted by TonyMessing (Post 6737251)
cool man, congratulations on your rc success! I haven't racing in years....

I'm in Orlando, FL right now. you coming to the snowbird race? Tell Stogie I said hi

Yea Ill be at the birds for sure, you should really stop by. Ill say hi to stogie.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by JamesArluck (Post 6737359)

:)

Originally Posted by stiltskin (Post 6737520)
It must suck to be you. :lol: Good luck with the upcoming marriage. Does she know that you play with toy cars? :D

Thanks. yea, she is very aware of how much of a dork i am.

Originally Posted by devin4444 (Post 6738095)
Hey Paul congrats on the new sponsors and marriage. Can you invite me to your bachelor party:lol:. When is the next time you will be at Trackside got the Xray working great just need some set up tips.

Hi Devin, im thinking i will be at the track wed. hopefully ill see you their.

Originally Posted by niznai (Post 6738407)
Oh, you will need all the merryment you can get if that's the case then.

Don't forget to put your better half on the sponsor list. That has the potential to bring merryment to an abrupt stop.

yea, she puts up with the traveling pretty well.

Originally Posted by gtxcowboy (Post 6743413)
Where are you from in WI?

yup, i live just outside milwaukee. born in Green bay

Originally Posted by madhammer (Post 6744271)
Congrats on the wedding, and good luck with the tp batts. Thanks again for the help with my xray, I keep getting better every week. I hope to come down to trackside for the new years race.

Jason Hack

Thanks Jason. cool, call me if you make it over before then.

trerc 12-21-2009 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Paul L (Post 6748510)

yup, i live just outside milwaukee. born in Green bay

I have friends that resided in Thiensville they recently just moved to Franklin. Milwaukee a very cool city.

Paul L 12-21-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by trerc (Post 6748541)
I have friends that resided in Thiensville they recently just moved to Franklin. Milwaukee a very cool city.

Cool, they arent far away atall then. if you visit them, make sure to bring your gear and run at Trackside. if you need info, let me know.

trerc 12-21-2009 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Paul L (Post 6748597)
Cool, they arent far away atall then. if you visit them, make sure to bring your gear and run at Trackside. if you need info, let me know.

Been dying to, I've been to Trackside twice but haven't ever raced. My friend was into RC back in the day and had done some racing, he needs to get the bug, cuz yea... I need to race there. :lol:

RLMW VQ 12-21-2009 04:08 PM

ygpm paul

Paul L 12-24-2009 10:45 AM

Marry christmas, Happy holidays everyone!!.
Or at least to all three who read the thread, LOL

sidecarphil1 12-24-2009 10:51 AM

cherry mismas Paul L

i read it , just never post till now ;);)

Barry Baker 12-24-2009 11:02 AM

PL,
Happy Holidays to you and the family!

I will give you a call later today on my drive to Vegas!

Barry

TimXLB 12-24-2009 11:03 AM

Paul:

Hi,

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!

1 of the 3