Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Paul,
Which touring car body do you find you use the most on carpet and asphalt?

Also, do play with different positions on the touring car bodies?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

What makes u decide to use 1 mil or 2.5 mil n your front gear diff. What feel r u searching for?
Old 03-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Paul. Another thing is for sure, springs are closer to arms as well as on top, less distance in between.

Anyone know where I can find an old 190mm DNA body-unpainted?

Last edited by Overpowered; 03-27-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Paul I heard about these tires called G-Spot or G-Unit (something like that) by some shoddy company called Gravity. How do they compare to Jaco blues or Sweep 32s?
Old 03-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Paul,
Which touring car body do you find you use the most on carpet and asphalt?

Also, do play with different positions on the touring car bodies?
Hi!, to me the most versatile body is still the Speed 6, That body never really feels like it has amazing traction but it is so consistent that it more than makes up for it. I do play with the position of it as well, I will use the body position and wing position as a balancing tool between high and low speed steering. Generally more forward gives the car more high speed steering and less low speed, vice versa. Wing placement can very depending on the track but wing farther forward normally gives more steering high speed as well and similar steering low speed. It is also important to take into consideration the track size, as a large outdoor track their may be no truly low speed sections.

Originally Posted by rosko
What makes u decide to use 1 mil or 2.5 mil n your front gear diff. What feel r u searching for?
I have been trying to figure this out since the beginning. Lately i feel like the higher the grip i will go with 1million and on low grip i go with the 2.5million, but i cant say that it always works that way? Softer the front diff oil the more entry corner steering the car has to me, that is about all i can say for sure.

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Paul I heard about these tires called G-Spot or G-Unit (something like that) by some shoddy company called Gravity. How do they compare to Jaco blues or Sweep 32s?
LOL, the tires seem to work well. I wont speculate on other brands as their have been many good tires. Im simply hoping that the 'G-spec's' will become popular
Old 03-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Can u tell us a little more about ur "g-spec" tire ?

Looks from the pic the rims might be a bit brittle like the first sweep rims . Can u comment?
Old 03-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I was so excited to post that I did it twice lol
Old 03-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

I got my Type-C tires in the mail today and gotta say the overall quality seems great. The rim is Yokomo and seems to be a great quality. The other great part of the tire is the center bead. There is hardly one, unlike others brands. I am looking forward to running them tomorrow and seeing how they hold up.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Can u tell us a little more about ur "g-spec" tire ?

Looks from the pic the rims might be a bit brittle like the first sweep rims . Can u comment?
Hi. In my testing i have not had issues with the wheels being brittle but i suppose it is possible to break. The initial Batch is on a Yokomo wheel, The next batch will be with Gravity Wheel. I Think we will all know more about the tires soon. As for the performance i think they work well, and i also think with the "G"wheel they will be even better.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

We ran/tried/tested them in Mod at Mikes this weekend. I was very happy. Great glue job. We run Swep 28's on low-medium grip carpet usually and the G Spec was only about 4 tenths off on the first day with them. Fantastic grip from a really long wearing rubber compound IMHO. Looking forward to running them in Denver.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Fantastic job on other new tire Paul! Now granted, this was only my second time running touring car in 10+ years, but the overall performance of of the tire was great. Compared to the QTS32's, they had a ton more lateral bite, and more forward bite for sure. Good job man
Old 03-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The new tires are great!! I am really pleased with how consistent they are. These are my tires of choice for open tire events from here out!! Thanks Paul!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Paul, you have a great tire. I ran mod all day with these tires in practice and in the mains with a total of 6 runs. The tires were consistent from the beginning to the end and the beefy rims held up great too. This tire is and will continue to be a great contender.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'd just like to thank Paul for being so friendly, helpful, and gracious to an old coot trying to restart in racing after a couple of decades. Paul took the time to answer every question I had and eased my return considerably. Never met a better representative for his sport.

Best of Luck in the Mains.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PACaSteel
I'd just like to thank Paul for being so friendly, helpful, and gracious to an old coot trying to restart in racing after a couple of decades. Paul took the time to answer every question I had and eased my return considerably. Never met a better representative for his sport.

Best of Luck in the Mains.
Orlando? Come out to Superior Hobbies for the points race on the 19th.

Agreed on wishing Paul good luck this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.