Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rosko
Paul or anyone really, well when i turn on my transmitter than my esc my wheels spin for like a few seconds than stops, than its fine no issues. I was wondering if anyone know what causes that, just when i first turn my car on .
Try what Kody tells you, if it not work play with the neutral setting on your transmitter i mean a bit higher or lower than the factory neutral point.
I have this issue with the ju-stock ESC and the cirtix, after setting the neutral point and re-init the ESC to the transmitter I was able to switch on the ESC, no wheels turning and than swich on the transmitter and everything was in rest position, only the fan was turning.
Hope this help you out, great luck.
Thanks
Ed
Old 11-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
Paul or anyone really, well when i turn on my transmitter than my esc my wheels spin for like a few seconds than stops, than its fine no issues. I was wondering if anyone know what causes that, just when i first turn my car on .

If you are using a KO Propo radio, there is a recalibration procedure you can do without sending the unit it.

We had a local racer that set his car down and the wheels were spinning, adjusted the radio and found a recalibrate procedure...fixed since then and it doesnt hurt to do it every now and then.

PM me if it is a KO.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

BTW sup Paul!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Paul, how do I beat this Kody guy in Mod TC?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Paul, few questions for you.

When you get a new kit, would you usually start with the kits' stock setup or in the case of a "revision" kit, would you start with your base on the older car?

If you go to a race and you're on a different tire than you're used to (say going from a Jaco to a Sorex or vice versa) where do you usually start going with your setup first? Do you work with camber and more minor stuff, or do you head straight for roll centers and droop values?

Lastly, I'm looking to get more steering out of my Mod TC, but only on entry into tight, lower speed corners. It seems like everyone else can really just get their car to dive down into the corner and rotate very well on the nose, and mine struggles. I seem to have to use the throttle to pull the car round, which is hard on my tires, and makes the car feel like it's teetering on the edge of being sort of quick and being totally out of control. Is it possibly how I'm driving the car? I'll link my setup, have a look when you get a chance and tell me what you think.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=560&setup=t4
(I'll be running the new car in Mod now, so if the issues I'm having were sort of platform based, even just kind of a cheat sheet for more entry steering while still keeping the back end sort of stable would be awesome.)

Thanks a ton Paul, hopefully I'll see all the Xray guys again at a big US race this year.

Danny
Old 11-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Step 1) Beat Jake D
Step 2) Beat Dave Ehrlich and Korey Harbke
Step 3) ????
Step 4) Fool, nobody beats Kody!

-Mike
Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Paul any new motor info
Old 11-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Step 1) Beat Jake D
Step 3) ????

-Mike
Try a bigger trottle handle
Old 11-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Paul, who paints your bodies?
Old 11-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by eded1
Try what Kody tells you, if it not work play with the neutral setting on your transmitter i mean a bit higher or lower than the factory neutral point.
I have this issue with the ju-stock ESC and the cirtix, after setting the neutral point and re-init the ESC to the transmitter I was able to switch on the ESC, no wheels turning and than swich on the transmitter and everything was in rest position, only the fan was turning.
Hope this help you out, great luck.
Thanks
Ed
Thanks Ed!

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
If you are using a KO Propo radio, there is a recalibration procedure you can do without sending the unit it.

We had a local racer that set his car down and the wheels were spinning, adjusted the radio and found a recalibrate procedure...fixed since then and it doesnt hurt to do it every now and then.

PM me if it is a KO.
also good advice!

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
BTW sup Paul!
LOL, Hi!!

Defeating the KungFoo panda is no easy task, ancient Chinese secret

Originally Posted by Danny-b23

When you get a new kit, would you usually start with the kits' stock setup or in the case of a "revision" kit, would you start with your base on the older car?

If you go to a race and you're on a different tire than you're used to (say going from a Jaco to a Sorex or vice versa) where do you usually start going with your setup first? Do you work with camber and more minor stuff, or do you head straight for roll centers and droop values?

Lastly, I'm looking to get more steering out of my Mod TC, but only on entry into tight, lower speed corners. It seems like everyone else can really just get their car to dive down into the corner and rotate very well on the nose, and mine struggles. I seem to have to use the throttle to pull the car round, which is hard on my tires, and makes the car feel like it's teetering on the edge of being sort of quick and being totally out of control. Is it possibly how I'm driving the car? I'll link my setup, have a look when you get a chance and tell me what you think.

(I'll be running the new car in Mod now, so if the issues I'm having were sort of platform based, even just kind of a cheat sheet for more entry steering while still keeping the back end sort of stable would be awesome.)

Thanks a ton Paul, hopefully I'll see all the Xray guys again at a big US race this year.

Danny
Hi Danny. The biggest entry corner adjustment that you can make is your body, the LTCR has a ton more entry corner steering than the speed6. I cant seem to open the set up link but i will look and come back to this question.
When i get a new car i normally just put a similar set up to what i was running on the previous model, if i am lost i will then put on the kit set up and start over.
When i go to a race i always just feel how the car is working no matter what the tire, i dont do enough testing with different tires to have a special set up for each one. I think no matter what the tire we are on i am always looking for and will tune for the same feel.

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Step 1) Beat Jake D
Step 3) ????

-Mike
Yup

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Paul any new motor info
Not yet

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Paul, who paints your bodies?
Russ Schacht does, he is a local here in town.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Danny-b23

Danny
OK, I was able to look at the set up now, I see that you already have the LTC body. I would try a mid rear roll center (this will help corner entry without making the car too hard to drive in the middle of the corner. also you could go back to the 1.2 rear bar, that would likely help corner entry also. 2.5deg from 2deg front camber would give more all around steering if that is what you need, also thinner rear shock oil will make the car turn more on entry also.

good luck!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

More cowbell.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Would he do an order from someone out of town?
Old 11-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paul L
Russ Schacht does, he is a local here in town.
Paul, please allow me to chime in. Russ is great, I also use him for paint work. I spoke with him a just a few weeks ago. He is open to new customers. If you are looking for shells to be painted, PM Paul or myself and we can get you in contact with him.

Here is another example of Russ's work, one of my past USGT shells.

Snowy.

Last edited by Essnowyt; 11-05-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey Paul, what weight diff oil pisses Dave off the most???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.