Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Manu_05'
Hi Paul,

What is your additive LG1 and 2 ?

Best Regards,
Manu
Hi Manu, LG1 and LG2, LGC is "Liquid Gravity" from a company that i have been working on "Gravity RC". here is the instructions which comes with the additives. sorry its not formatted

SUGGESTED ADDITIVE METHODS FOR (LG1-S, LG2, LGC) LG1-S: aggressive penetrating additive. LG2: non aggressive additive which conditions rubber and foam. LGC: Low odor carpet additive for foam and rubber tires. RUBER TIRE ASPHALT: LG2 is best suited for used rubber tires. A used rubber tire’s pores are already open, which means that the penetrating nature of LG1 may not be necessary. LG2 has a higher oil content and will help used tires run more like new tires. A very small amount (rubbed in) is recommended for 10-20 min saucing, Air dry and run. A slightly thicker coating (rubbed in) is suggested for 20-40 min saucing, let air dry and run. For possible better results try cleaning the used tire with LG1-S on a rag¸ then apply LG2 as suggested. Performance decreases when too much additive is used and it can allow the tire to get greasy. A few dabs on a tire, rubbed in will go a long way. CARPET RUBBER TIRE: For best results Clean with LGC after your run, then sauce 5 min before your next run, wipe off and drive. CARPET FOAM TIRE: For best results Apply LGC 15-20 min before the run, wipe off well with a rag before running.
OFF ROAD: In situations where additives are used LG1-S is a great rubber softener and oil additive. For best results first clean the tires, then dip or spray on a tooth brush, brush the additive to the tire, let sit for 10-15 min before running (it will air dry). If the track is really grooved up LG2 is an option, very little dirt will build up on the tire if LG2 is used, apply for 20 min, wipe off or let dry completely. As a long term conditioner LG2 will work very well also. DIRT OVAL RUBBER TIRE (GROOVED TRACK): If the track is grooved enough to where the dust is not a problem LG2 will have great results. Recommended to apply a very small amount and let air dry or wipe off before running. DIRT OVAL RUBBER TIRE (DUSTY TRACK): LG1 is best suited for normal dusty dirt tracks, spray on tire and let sit for 15-20 min before running. DIRT OVAL, FOAM TIRE: LG2 is a great Foam tire conditioner, Apply well before running and rub in, Let dry or wipe well before running. ASPHALT FOAM TIRE: Apply LG2 to the tires and rub in, Let dry or wipe and run. Air drying will take a long time when applied thick, thick application not necessary, wipe off before running. FIRST AID Skin contact: Wash exposed area with soap and water. Eye contact: Flush eyes with water repeatedly for 15 min holding eyes open. Ingestion: Call physician, do not induce vomiting unless your physician recommends.

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Hey Paul, I would also like to know the difference between the lg1 and lg2?? When do you use each one and how you prep your tires for asphalt. Thanks for time.

Regards Pete.
let me know if above does not cover your question. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Damn! I've been using my LG2 incorrectly all this time, thanks for the tip Paul
Old 05-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default tire prep

Paul,

What about when the track gets hot and the wind comes up....My car always seems to get real loose !!

Do you change your prep on your tires?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Damn! I've been using my LG2 incorrectly all this time, thanks for the tip Paul
That info is normally the best methods, may not always work the best but most of the time i think so. so give it a shot.

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Paul,

What about when the track gets hot and the wind comes up....My car always seems to get real loose !!

Do you change your prep on your tires?
Not normally, if the track is really hot it is very important to use a additive with high oil content, LG2 is that for me. Then drive accordingly as to try and keep the tires cool.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Paul, do you ever bake in LG2 with tire warmers like we used to with tire tweak on asphalt? Do you use tire warmers at all anymore?

We use to bake in Tweak and clean with buggy grip right before a run.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default tp 17.5

hi paul,my sons car is a tc6 with a z3r 17.5t and a fdr of 3.21 with 35 degrees of timing ,the temps are starting to rise and i was looking to change the gearing and lower the timing? whats the best way to do this,whilst trying to find a bit more speed down the straight,he has a high flow fan direct off the battery but as hes getting faster every meeting its time to get the temps down thanks for your time
Old 05-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Paul, do you ever bake in LG2 with tire warmers like we used to with tire tweak on asphalt? Do you use tire warmers at all anymore?

We use to bake in Tweak and clean with buggy grip right before a run.
Hi Adrian, I still will use tire warmers but not all the time, warmers can make more traction but can also be inconsistent if not done perfect. I haven't tried that method of cleaning right before the run. will try next time i can though!

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
hi paul,my sons car is a tc6 with a z3r 17.5t and a fdr of 3.21 with 35 degrees of timing ,the temps are starting to rise and i was looking to change the gearing and lower the timing? whats the best way to do this,whilst trying to find a bit more speed down the straight,he has a high flow fan direct off the battery but as hes getting faster every meeting its time to get the temps down thanks for your time
HI. Thats a hard one, their is really no way to get less temp and more speed other than finding a better fan, making a air scoop in conjunction with a bigger gear or even more timing. I would leave the timing and back the gear down a tooth, hopefully that will help a bit. I don't know what fan you use now to say how much of a difference the best one could make.

Sorry i dont have any super good advice on that one.

Good luck
Old 05-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hi,

I sent an email directly through the Gravity RC Web site two or three days ago, are you the one to answer them?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi Adrian, I still will use tire warmers but not all the time, warmers can make more traction but can also be inconsistent if not done perfect. I haven't tried that method of cleaning right before the run. will try next time i can though!

HI. Thats a hard one, their is really no way to get less temp and more speed other than finding a better fan, making a air scoop in conjunction with a bigger gear or even more timing. I would leave the timing and back the gear down a tooth, hopefully that will help a bit. I don't know what fan you use now to say how much of a difference the best one could make.

Sorry i dont have any super good advice on that one.

Good luck
ok,but what would the safe temp range be? its reached 85c so far
Old 05-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Hi,

I sent an email directly through the Gravity RC Web site two or three days ago, are you the one to answer them?
Normally yes I do. send it again please, Thanks!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

ok,but what would the safe temp range be? its reached 85c so far
Old 05-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Gravity RC

Sorry, I didn't see that somehow. 85 is about where you want to be. much hotter and you will start to loose power. smoke is not likely to come out till around 95

Thanks
Old 05-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Paul L
Sorry, I didn't see that somehow. 85 is about where you want to be. much hotter and you will start to loose power. smoke is not likely to come out till around 95

Thanks
ok thanks paul,after a test today its holding around 81/83 c with 40 degrees timing,i geared it down 3 teeth on the pinion and its cooler and has more punch wont know until tomorrows race if its fast enough down the straight with the others
Old 05-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Your Xray XB4

Hello Paul,
Just curious if your setup from Petit for the XB4 is still current or if you have made any modifications lately? Also wondering what you have found to be the best combination of front/rear tires/inserts for running at TS?
I drive and my son races at TS--We've never met yet but Ill be sure to introduce myself next time I see you ripping laps! I purchased a new XB4 a few months back solely based on watching you drive yours there LOL
Old 05-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default thanks

Paul its nice to see a pro driver helping out and taking the time to help us regular guys out. you are a great representative of this hobby. your sponsor are very lucky to have you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.