R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #1426
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

paul with you saying 3mm droop do you mean the car will have a total of 8mm on front 9mm on rear of up ward travel
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #1427
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
paul with you saying 3mm droop do you mean the car will have a total of 8mm on front 9mm on rear of up ward travel
Pretty sure he means that the tires will lift up off the setup board after you raise the chassis 3mm above ride height.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #1428
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to djnsayne

Paul,

Will you be in Saint Louis this weekend for the Hudy Race and if so, can I drive your car?....LOL
djnsayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #1429
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
I normally use 5mm ride height, so technically the suspension would top out at 8mms with 3mms of droop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Pretty sure he means that the tires will lift up off the setup board after you raise the chassis 3mm above ride height.

-Mike
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnsayne View Post
Paul,

Will you be in Saint Louis this weekend for the Hudy Race and if so, can I drive your car?....LOL
I will be at the Hudy race for sure. Im leaving in the early morning for it.
Maybe,
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #1430
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Paul, I know you dont normally run 17.5 class but I was wandering if you were thinking about joining us on the east coast on the 21st for the Sweep Carpet Challenge at a newer track called Middle River Hobbies, same size as The Gate. it'd be great to have a big name such as yourself there for our first big race by the way, congrats on the new 12th scale tire deal
Old 01-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #1431
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hey paul, I'm looking for a battery that has a higher C rating, but the mah doesn't need too high (it's going in a mini cooper with a silver can). I'm basicly trying to keep the weight down, but have have some punch as well. It will have to be a 2S battery. Thanks for any help.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #1432
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

I see lots of setups are starting to close the spring split between the front and rear, what do you think the reason for this is? Is it because of the weight of the lipo? Just curious what you think about it and have you tried it? Pros and cons?
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #1433
Tech Adept

Default Thunder power z3r

Hi Paul,

I was wonder, does the thunder power motor z3r have hall sensor like on Gm, Lrp and nosram motor ????

Where u can set a cut off temp in your esc, so u don't smoke your motor
Cp Grafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #1434
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Hey Paul, I know you dont normally run 17.5 class but I was wandering if you were thinking about joining us on the east coast on the 21st for the Sweep Carpet Challenge at a newer track called Middle River Hobbies, same size as The Gate. it'd be great to have a big name such as yourself there for our first big race by the way, congrats on the new 12th scale tire deal
Hi, Thanks. i would love to come but it is simply too close to the snowbirds and the winternats, I will be working hard to prep my cars for those races. but let me know about other races. I would love to get out to the east coast for some racing again. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
Hey paul, I'm looking for a battery that has a higher C rating, but the mah doesn't need too high (it's going in a mini cooper with a silver can). I'm basicly trying to keep the weight down, but have have some punch as well. It will have to be a 2S battery. Thanks for any help.
Hi, Thunderpower offers a 65c 3300 pack. It will be much lighter than that of the 5300 and that will definately help in a mini as you said.
hope that is what you are looking for. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Hi Paul,

I see lots of setups are starting to close the spring split between the front and rear, what do you think the reason for this is? Is it because of the weight of the lipo? Just curious what you think about it and have you tried it? Pros and cons?
Hi. I have tried it on US tracks and not had a lot of success. I would con-sitter the use of a 2.8F spring if i am running the 2hole front arms(outside), and i would also con-sitter using a 2.8 rear spring if i were using the 2hole arms in the rear(inner hole). so with that combination of suspension arms (inside hole rear, outside hole front) i could see 2.8 springs all the way around performing well for me.
But it really would not surprise me if Alex comes to the snowbirds with 2.6s all around with stock arms and kicks my butt. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp Grafix View Post
Hi Paul,

I was wonder, does the thunder power motor z3r have hall sensor like on Gm, Lrp and nosram motor ????

Where u can set a cut off temp in your esc, so u don't smoke your motor

Hi. As far as i know the novak motor temp sensor only works with the novak speedo. the Lrp motor temp sensor will work with Nosram, Lrp, Gm and possibly others. The Thunderpower, Trinity, Reedy etc will not have the feature of doing that with any speedo.

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #1435
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

I see Gravity tires for 12th are available at Nexus. Could you post some info on approximate shore ratings and rubber family?

And are there additional compounds/rubber types in the works?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #1436
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Hey Paul. Do you prefer to get passed on the inside or the outside. Just getting ready for Snowbirds.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #1437
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit View Post
Hey Paul,

I see Gravity tires for 12th are available at Nexus. Could you post some info on approximate shore ratings and rubber family?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Slaughter
All I can say is the guys around here have gone considerably faster on the G12's in both stock and mod.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #1438
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit View Post
Hey Paul,

Thanks in advance!

Mike Slaughter
Hi Mike, I am kinda taking things as they come with Gravity.
For now i am offering the soft and med compound. If i had to compair them i would say they are 30,32 shore. but I don't like using the shore rating for a tire because once anyone's rubber is mounted on a wheel and trued to packaging size it is no longer a 30-32. more like a 38--42. (less rubber = stiffer durometer reading), so i kinda feel it is not accurate. but pink and magenta or 30, 32 will get you pretty close to soft and medium with the G12's.
The two compounds available i feel are the most versatile by far for stock and mod.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Hey Paul. Do you prefer to get passed on the inside or the outside. Just getting ready for Snowbirds.
outside, always.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
All I can say is the guys around here have gone considerably faster on the G12's in both stock and mod.
Glad to hear that the guys are still liking them.

thanks

Last edited by Paul L; 01-10-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #1439
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

paul

when running blinky do you run 12.3mm rotor or do you run 12.5mm rotor and do you set car up different than mod setup in tc
Old 01-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #1440
Tech Regular

Its good to see that your products are really taking off, nice job paul !! Your the man...
TEXT is offline   Reply With Quote