R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #1306
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi, Im sorry that i missed this question. I do not reccomend LG for carpet racing. LG1 will work on carpet but i dont reccomend or even try and market it to carpet racers BC of the indoor conditions with the smell of the product. LG2 will also work well in some applications for carpet but again i dont reccomend it BC of its high oil content, LG2 does not smell but i would be afraid of the kind of groove it would build if everyone was using it.

So yes i have used it and it works but i dont reccomend iether, but for different reasons. LOl

LGC (carpet) will be on the way sometime.
thank you for your reply paul how long before lgc will be avaible
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #1307
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
thank you for your reply paul how long before lgc will be avaible
Im not sure yet, sorry.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #1308
Tech Master
 
WIITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,582
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Hey Paul, hope all is well and Skewes recovered from his ghost pepper incident

I just have a question about shock oil. I see a lot of the current setups went away from the 2 hole pistons in front and back to the 3 hole. Also seeing that some guys are running same front and rear oil ie. 500 f/r. Would you recommend this for stock racing or is this just mainly for mod? I run pretty much your basic setup from the carpet nats last year and it feels pretty good. Sometimes I feel like I am waiting for the car just a little to turn. Would it help just softening up the front by going to a 3 hole piston? Otherwise it feels good. Any help is much appreciated.
__________________
Team CRC / Sanwa / Team scream / Genesis RC / Hobbywing / TQ Wire / Schelle / MIP / RC^2 / TEKNO / BoomRC
WIITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #1309
Tech Master
 
Meradin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Hey Paul,


What are your thoughts on the wing hole cut-outs? I run 17.5 blinky and thought I should leave them closed but others report to open them up.

I don't actually get what they are for. I posted this topic and got some pretty techie answers but no real world experienced answers.

What do you do?
Meradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #1310
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

hello!

How to gear Z3R-M 4.5T Modified motors on indoor carpet track?
and setup in the ESC? use like SXX v2
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #1311
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIITA View Post
Hey Paul, hope all is well and Skewes recovered from his ghost pepper incident

I just have a question about shock oil. I see a lot of the current setups went away from the 2 hole pistons in front and back to the 3 hole. Also seeing that some guys are running same front and rear oil ie. 500 f/r. Would you recommend this for stock racing or is this just mainly for mod? I run pretty much your basic setup from the carpet nats last year and it feels pretty good. Sometimes I feel like I am waiting for the car just a little to turn. Would it help just softening up the front by going to a 3 hole piston? Otherwise it feels good. Any help is much appreciated.
Hi, i think skewes is all recovered .
I still prefer the thicker front shock set up most of the time. weather its 2hole 500 or 3hole 700 in the front i think that the performance is similar. i have had some set ups lately that had 3hole 500 all around but that is BC im kinda lost and trying stuff. So i still think that 500 2holeF 3holeR is still a prefered set up. no prob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
Hey Paul,


What are your thoughts on the wing hole cut-outs? I run 17.5 blinky and thought I should leave them closed but others report to open them up.

I don't actually get what they are for. I posted this topic and got some pretty techie answers but no real world experienced answers.

What do you do?
I cant say that i really know for sure, sorry. if you test it please post your findings for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
hello!

How to gear Z3R-M 4.5T Modified motors on indoor carpet track?
and setup in the ESC? use like SXX v2
Hi, i would start it at 8.5 overall with 15deg timing to start. 2,1,1,3 for settings. that should be pretty close.

Thanks
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #1312
Tech Master
 
Meradin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

So What you are saying is that you leave the wing holes filled? Don't cut them out?

I cut mine out and it seemed like I kinda washed out on corner exit. To be fair, it was a new car and the first time I ran laps with it. I am going to try and cover the holes with tape and see if I can notice a difference.

Here is a quote from the other thread...

"Basically... what happens is as speeds rise, more air flows through the holes. This decreases drag on the straightaway. However, the air does not lay as low on the body in the rear when you brake. So, the air hits the top of the spoiler creating downforce for that turn you need to take. It's a very simple way to keep speeds up on the straights and your downforce up in the corners. It won't be perfect for every track or every setup, but should work well in MOST conditions."
Meradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 AM   #1313
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
So What you are saying is that you leave the wing holes filled? Don't cut them out?

I cut mine out and it seemed like I kinda washed out on corner exit. To be fair, it was a new car and the first time I ran laps with it. I am going to try and cover the holes with tape and see if I can notice a difference.

Here is a quote from the other thread...

"Basically... what happens is as speeds rise, more air flows through the holes. This decreases drag on the straightaway. However, the air does not lay as low on the body in the rear when you brake. So, the air hits the top of the spoiler creating downforce for that turn you need to take. It's a very simple way to keep speeds up on the straights and your downforce up in the corners. It won't be perfect for every track or every setup, but should work well in MOST conditions."
cool, my first thought would have been a turbulence thing.
I dont cut out the slots in my wings but im not against it at all.

Thanks
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #1314
Tech Fanatic
 
bjs227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Genesis RC Marshall, Minnesota
Posts: 944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Just an FYI for everybody.....I have recovered but i have Chucky E Cheese craving now! LOL
__________________
Brandon J. Skewes A.K.A "Skittles"
genesisrcraceway.com - skewesjewelry.com - race-rewards.com
bjs227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #1315
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sunny Malta
Posts: 87
Default shock question

HI Paul

I saw on the x ray setup sheet that the foam insert and o-ring on the shaft can be removed from the shocks, what do you gain by removing the one or the other or even both? I always build the shocks as the manual says but i never have the filling that i'm doing them right.

thank you
Corally_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #1316
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally_27 View Post
HI Paul

I saw on the x ray setup sheet that the foam insert and o-ring on the shaft can be removed from the shocks, what do you gain by removing the one or the other or even both? I always build the shocks as the manual says but i never have the filling that i'm doing them right.

thank you
The O-ring on the shock shaft limits the travel of the shock, a bit like a 'bump stop', It's mainly used to help prevent grip roll etc.
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #1317
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,315
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

What's up Paul , quick Q for ya. In a grip role situation in mid corner area do we go stiffer or softer wile tring to keep the overall feel the same?
I don't run sway bars and only spec
Can't wait for dalas next week see u then
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #1318
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Hi Paul

what fdr would run on 21.5t in tc boosted plz
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:14 AM   #1319
Tech Adept
 
cyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 235
Default

Hi Paul,

On one of your setup sheets you mention that you find it better not to use the big O-ring in the XRAY gear diff.

Could you explain why, or even just if you have to make any measures to stop the diff leaking without this in?

Regards,

AndyM
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #1320
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
Hi Paul

what fdr would run on 21.5t in tc boosted plz
You're going to have to give him a lot more info than that for a suitable answer.
What size track, what ESC and motor etc. And that's if he can give any info on a class he hasn't run. Isn't there someone at your track who runs similar equipment?
__________________
Xray T4'17, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2017
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) Paul L Electric On-Road 1384 12-18-2009 08:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net