Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by TEXT
Hey Paul,

I just wanted to say sorry that I have been busy lately and haven't been contacting you as much this summer. I recently just got a job and will be looking forward to hanging out with you once i have a little bit of money in the bank. I hope your racing season and family have been well and I hope to hear from you soon! Take care, and let me know when your next race is so I can watch it on LiveRC.com thanks !

Your Friend, Alex
Its good your staying busy, I have been busy also. The byrons race is next weekend at leisure hours, so i have been working to get my 8th scale and 10th scale ready for that.

see ya.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Gravity RC

HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE!
Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The same to you Paul. i look forward to playing holdem poker this year at vegas with you champ. Ron H,
Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Paul I would like to thank you for the setup help, it's really help a lot I need some little homework to do make the car better and competitive.

Btw Paul what speedo and motor are you running on Mod class, I'm thinking to switch with 4.5 I currently running 10.5 Tekin, where I can find your speedo motor set up for 4.5?
Thanks
Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Paul, I was wondering if you know a FDR and the Timing I need to run on my TC. I will be using a ThunderPower 7.5 with no boost.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you find that the left rear shock requires just a little more preload in order to tweak out your car? I have checked everything on my car, (and I mean everything) for equal length, flatness, suspension settings, and for some reason I find I have to put a little more preload into the left rear shock. Is this normal or have I missed something?

As always thanks.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Gone Racin
The same to you Paul. i look forward to playing holdem poker this year at vegas with you champ. Ron H,
oh yea! see ya

Originally Posted by liteweight
Hi Paul I would like to thank you for the setup help, it's really help a lot I need some little homework to do make the car better and competitive.

Btw Paul what speedo and motor are you running on Mod class, I'm thinking to switch with 4.5 I currently running 10.5 Tekin, where I can find your speedo motor set up for 4.5?
Thanks
No problem. I run Thunderpower z3r motors and 5300 65c batterys, with a lrp sxxtc v2 speedo settings 2,6,3,0, gearing for a 4.5 8.5 overall for starters.

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Hey Paul, I was wondering if you know a FDR and the Timing I need to run on my TC. I will be using a ThunderPower 7.5 with no boost.
i dont know for sure, but I guess i would try a 7.3 overall with 25deg timing.
good luck!

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you find that the left rear shock requires just a little more preload in order to tweak out your car? I have checked everything on my car, (and I mean everything) for equal length, flatness, suspension settings, and for some reason I find I have to put a little more preload into the left rear shock. Is this normal or have I missed something?

As always thanks.
If by a little you mean 1/4th of a turn i think you are totally fine. i have had cars that need to be a little one way or the other. but 1/4th of a turn in on one side and out on the other is no problem atall.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Dear Dearest Friend Paul,

I have been looking at some 1/8th scale electric cars and am currently thinking about going with the MBX6 Eco buggy. I have always been a fan of Mugen Skeiki but they are soo expensive i could never afford one, but this one is only $469 and I would have to buy brushless system, but that shouldnt be too much of a problem! Tell me what you think ! I think it would be a good buy since it just came out and they have parts for this, and Im sure electric will win over nitro one day haha!

Your Friend,

Alex/TEXT
Old 06-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Paul, I'm thinking about purchasing a set of swaybars for my T311 and want to make sure that I use them well. I have not made any adjustments with them ever, and want to know if I will get any kind of adjustments if I do decide to purchase them. I'm thinking about getting sets of 1.2, and 1.6 for the front and I want 1.4, and 1.6 for the rear. Do you make sway adjustments ever? What are the advantages vs the disadvantages? The only changes I make on my car is making chassis stiff or loose taking out screws, and putting them back in when the traction comes up. I have no problems with traction roll, but at times I either push or get loose in the rear. Thanks for the advise.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnny55
Paul, I'm thinking about purchasing a set of swaybars for my T311 and want to make sure that I use them well. I have not made any adjustments with them ever, and want to know if I will get any kind of adjustments if I do decide to purchase them. I'm thinking about getting sets of 1.2, and 1.6 for the front and I want 1.4, and 1.6 for the rear. Do you make sway adjustments ever? What are the advantages vs the disadvantages? The only changes I make on my car is making chassis stiff or loose taking out screws, and putting them back in when the traction comes up. I have no problems with traction roll, but at times I either push or get loose in the rear. Thanks for the advise.
I have a 1.1 and 1.4 for the rear, you'll never need 1.6, certainly not if your running rubber.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Congrats to Paulie and Xray on sweeping the byron's race tonight winning both TC and 8th. Awesome job
Old 06-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Bravo Paul!

Good day!

I race wit a local club in Victoria BC called IROCC (Island Radio Operated Car Club). I have been pitting and racing with a young man named Lucas who last year was diegnosed with cancer. Paul was in our neck of the woods for a race in Vanvouver last winter. Some of our club racers attended this race an asked Paul if he could help us get Lucas a new car at a good price. Well, Paul did one better and put together a car from his inventory of parts and sent it to Lucas with an X-ray pit towel, a personalized pit board, a body he used in his last race and the trophy from that race!

I must say that this was an outstanding thing to do and Lucas made it out for his first race today with the car and he had a huge smile on his face all day and bumped from the D main to tha C main!

Bravo Paul, bravo!

Neil.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCbud
Good day!

I race wit a local club in Victoria BC called IROCC (Island Radio Operated Car Club). I have been pitting and racing with a young man named Lucas who last year was diegnosed with cancer. Paul was in our neck of the woods for a race in Vanvouver last winter. Some of our club racers attended this race an asked Paul if he could help us get Lucas a new car at a good price. Well, Paul did one better and put together a car from his inventory of parts and sent it to Lucas with an X-ray pit towel, a personalized pit board, a body he used in his last race and the trophy from that race!

I must say that this was an outstanding thing to do and Lucas made it out for his first race today with the car and he had a huge smile on his face all day and bumped from the D main to tha C main!

Bravo Paul, bravo!

Neil.
One of the many reason's why he is the best on road racer!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCbud
Good day!

Bravo Paul, bravo!

Neil.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ran an sedan for the first time in months bro. Was at Ripon last night. The Xray I was loaned was dialed. Tell Birch to send me a car so I can get back into the game....LOL How ya been bro? Playing in the dirt has been pretty fun lately. Don't know when I'll see you again unless Xray makes a 2wd buggy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.