R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #1096
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXT View Post
Hey Paul,

I just wanted to say sorry that I have been busy lately and haven't been contacting you as much this summer. I recently just got a job and will be looking forward to hanging out with you once i have a little bit of money in the bank. I hope your racing season and family have been well and I hope to hear from you soon! Take care, and let me know when your next race is so I can watch it on LiveRC.com thanks !

Your Friend, Alex
Its good your staying busy, I have been busy also. The byrons race is next weekend at leisure hours, so i have been working to get my 8th scale and 10th scale ready for that.

see ya.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #1097
Gravity RC

HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE!
Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #1098
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The same to you Paul. i look forward to playing holdem poker this year at vegas with you champ. Ron H,
Gone Racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #1099
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Paul I would like to thank you for the setup help, it's really help a lot I need some little homework to do make the car better and competitive.

Btw Paul what speedo and motor are you running on Mod class, I'm thinking to switch with 4.5 I currently running 10.5 Tekin, where I can find your speedo motor set up for 4.5?
Thanks
"Xray T3 2012"
liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #1100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Paul, I was wondering if you know a FDR and the Timing I need to run on my TC. I will be using a ThunderPower 7.5 with no boost.

HotShot RC / Nexus Racing
Xray T2 '009 w/Exotek Chassis, BMI DB12rr, Tamiya F104X1
Team Durango DEX210
ChadRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #1101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you find that the left rear shock requires just a little more preload in order to tweak out your car? I have checked everything on my car, (and I mean everything) for equal length, flatness, suspension settings, and for some reason I find I have to put a little more preload into the left rear shock. Is this normal or have I missed something?

As always thanks.
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #1102
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Racin View Post
The same to you Paul. i look forward to playing holdem poker this year at vegas with you champ. Ron H,
oh yea! see ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteweight View Post
Hi Paul I would like to thank you for the setup help, it's really help a lot I need some little homework to do make the car better and competitive.

Btw Paul what speedo and motor are you running on Mod class, I'm thinking to switch with 4.5 I currently running 10.5 Tekin, where I can find your speedo motor set up for 4.5?
Thanks
No problem. I run Thunderpower z3r motors and 5300 65c batterys, with a lrp sxxtc v2 speedo settings 2,6,3,0, gearing for a 4.5 8.5 overall for starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadRacing View Post
Hey Paul, I was wondering if you know a FDR and the Timing I need to run on my TC. I will be using a ThunderPower 7.5 with no boost.
i dont know for sure, but I guess i would try a 7.3 overall with 25deg timing.
good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you find that the left rear shock requires just a little more preload in order to tweak out your car? I have checked everything on my car, (and I mean everything) for equal length, flatness, suspension settings, and for some reason I find I have to put a little more preload into the left rear shock. Is this normal or have I missed something?

As always thanks.
If by a little you mean 1/4th of a turn i think you are totally fine. i have had cars that need to be a little one way or the other. but 1/4th of a turn in on one side and out on the other is no problem atall.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #1103
Tech Regular

Dear Dearest Friend Paul,

I have been looking at some 1/8th scale electric cars and am currently thinking about going with the MBX6 Eco buggy. I have always been a fan of Mugen Skeiki but they are soo expensive i could never afford one, but this one is only $469 and I would have to buy brushless system, but that shouldnt be too much of a problem! Tell me what you think ! I think it would be a good buy since it just came out and they have parts for this, and Im sure electric will win over nitro one day haha!

Your Friend,

Alex/TEXT
TEXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #1104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to johnny55

Paul, I'm thinking about purchasing a set of swaybars for my T311 and want to make sure that I use them well. I have not made any adjustments with them ever, and want to know if I will get any kind of adjustments if I do decide to purchase them. I'm thinking about getting sets of 1.2, and 1.6 for the front and I want 1.4, and 1.6 for the rear. Do you make sway adjustments ever? What are the advantages vs the disadvantages? The only changes I make on my car is making chassis stiff or loose taking out screws, and putting them back in when the traction comes up. I have no problems with traction roll, but at times I either push or get loose in the rear. Thanks for the advise.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #1105
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
Paul, I'm thinking about purchasing a set of swaybars for my T311 and want to make sure that I use them well. I have not made any adjustments with them ever, and want to know if I will get any kind of adjustments if I do decide to purchase them. I'm thinking about getting sets of 1.2, and 1.6 for the front and I want 1.4, and 1.6 for the rear. Do you make sway adjustments ever? What are the advantages vs the disadvantages? The only changes I make on my car is making chassis stiff or loose taking out screws, and putting them back in when the traction comes up. I have no problems with traction roll, but at times I either push or get loose in the rear. Thanks for the advise.
I have a 1.1 and 1.4 for the rear, you'll never need 1.6, certainly not if your running rubber.
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #1106
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Congrats to Paulie and Xray on sweeping the byron's race tonight winning both TC and 8th. Awesome job
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #1107
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Bravo Paul!

Good day!

I race wit a local club in Victoria BC called IROCC (Island Radio Operated Car Club). I have been pitting and racing with a young man named Lucas who last year was diegnosed with cancer. Paul was in our neck of the woods for a race in Vanvouver last winter. Some of our club racers attended this race an asked Paul if he could help us get Lucas a new car at a good price. Well, Paul did one better and put together a car from his inventory of parts and sent it to Lucas with an X-ray pit towel, a personalized pit board, a body he used in his last race and the trophy from that race!

I must say that this was an outstanding thing to do and Lucas made it out for his first race today with the car and he had a huge smile on his face all day and bumped from the D main to tha C main!

Bravo Paul, bravo!

Neil.
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #1108
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCbud View Post
Good day!

I race wit a local club in Victoria BC called IROCC (Island Radio Operated Car Club). I have been pitting and racing with a young man named Lucas who last year was diegnosed with cancer. Paul was in our neck of the woods for a race in Vanvouver last winter. Some of our club racers attended this race an asked Paul if he could help us get Lucas a new car at a good price. Well, Paul did one better and put together a car from his inventory of parts and sent it to Lucas with an X-ray pit towel, a personalized pit board, a body he used in his last race and the trophy from that race!

I must say that this was an outstanding thing to do and Lucas made it out for his first race today with the car and he had a huge smile on his face all day and bumped from the D main to tha C main!

Bravo Paul, bravo!

Neil.
One of the many reason's why he is the best on road racer!
B.JUCHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #1109
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCbud View Post
Good day!

Bravo Paul, bravo!

Neil.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #1110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ran an sedan for the first time in months bro. Was at Ripon last night. The Xray I was loaned was dialed. Tell Birch to send me a car so I can get back into the game....LOL How ya been bro? Playing in the dirt has been pretty fun lately. Don't know when I'll see you again unless Xray makes a 2wd buggy