R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #1036
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Hey Paul
I have the 2011 T3 lipo version with front and rear new Alu Upper Clamp with Adj. Roll-Center and gear diff with 1000wt.
I'm going to the Reedy Race 17.5 non Timing ,can you give me some ideal set up for the Norcal track? Thanks
Hi, i will be trying some new set ups at norcal right away but my fall back set up will be last years reedy set up with a 1,000wt gear diff in the rear and the new camberlink mounts (long front no shims, middle rear no shims), 1mm behind the balls on steering bell crank.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1564&setup=t3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive View Post
Hey Paul has your current setup for asphalt changed.....is it still the same that you have on the Xray forum?
I still have not ran enough asphalt this season to really have a "set up" for the 11 car. hopefully after the reedy race i will settle on a starting point that will work great everywhere. so we will see. if i had no practice and had to race, I would start where i mentioned above.

Thanks.

Thanks

Last edited by Paul L; 05-23-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #1037
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi, i will be trying some new set ups at norcal right away but my fall back set up will be last years reedy set up with a 1,000wt gear diff and the new camberlink mounts (long front no shims, middle rear no shims), 1mm behind the balls on steering bell crank.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1564&setup=t3

I still have not ran enough asphalt this season to really have a "set up" for the 11 car. hopefully after the reedy race i will settle on a starting point that will work great everywhere. so we will see. if i had no practice and had to race, I would start where i mentioned above.

Thanks.

Thanks
Thank you paul
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #1038
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Hi Paul, I've had this happen on multiple chassis, where car is a bit twitchy off center at high speed, but then pushes after the initial turn-in. Generally speaking is this just too much weight being transferred too fast? Would a lower roll center, lighter oil, or possibly ackerman change be the best first step?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #1039
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Any reason you run the Sphere Comp over say the sxx tc spec?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #1040
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

silly question...have a t3r which i bashed pretty bad in a b main and wound up bending a front axle.....got the ecs shafts but, they don't fit in the car with the castor blocks that came with the kit...should i just dremel some room for them or, is there a different castor block to use with the ecs driveshafts up front?
elee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #1041
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I hope Paul doesn't mind me trying to help. The new style c-hubs have a larger opening to accommodate the ecs drives. The T3R comes with the older style c-hubs.

New style

Old style

The picture's perspective doesn't show it well in the second picture, but the older style has a smaller opening.

I would buy a new set of the 302363 and 302364 c-hubs if it were me.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #1042
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I went through the exact same scenario. I Dremel'd the stock ones out to match the newer style, and they held up fine for me (didn't want to waste 2 caster blocks ). When I did eventually break one it snapped at the hinge pin, not where I enlarged it, so as long as you are careful and don't overdo it they should work.

The ESC shafts are a nice improvement
Old 05-31-2011, 03:36 AM   #1043
Gravity RC

Hi, im back from Reedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Hi Paul, I've had this happen on multiple chassis, where car is a bit twitchy off center at high speed, but then pushes after the initial turn-in. Generally speaking is this just too much weight being transferred too fast? Would a lower roll center, lighter oil, or possibly ackerman change be the best first step?
Hi, I assume that this is mainly on asphalt?, it is a problem that most everyone has battled. first off i run around 30% negitive steering expo to help this. From a chassis set up standpoint i would say that the rear of the car is not rolling enough. if the rear is too stiff it will transfer weight more forward, the car will react but then will not turn well. Maybe try a softer rear spring and oil, thinner rear hex, or lay the rear shocks in. that stuff i would first try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Any reason you run the Sphere Comp over say the sxx tc spec?
I am running the SXX TC, i was confused before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elee32 View Post
silly question...have a t3r which i bashed pretty bad in a b main and wound up bending a front axle.....got the ecs shafts but, they don't fit in the car with the castor blocks that came with the kit...should i just dremel some room for them or, is there a different castor block to use with the ecs driveshafts up front?
Hi. below Andrew has explained it all. Thanks.

and thanks Andrew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
I went through the exact same scenario. I Dremel'd the stock ones out to match the newer style, and they held up fine for me (didn't want to waste 2 caster blocks ). When I did eventually break one it snapped at the hinge pin, not where I enlarged it, so as long as you are careful and don't overdo it they should work.

The ESC shafts are a nice improvement
Thanks also!.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:52 AM   #1044
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Camber reedy

Hey Paul, noticed you ran 2.5 camber front and rear. Wondering what made you go that high?
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #1045
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Hey Paul, noticed you ran 2.5 camber front and rear. Wondering what made you go that high?
I accually used a hair under 2.5 in the rear and a hair above 2.5 in the front, this just gave the car a little more steering while keeping good overall traction. i feel like when i use 1 or some small amount of camber i am giving up traction.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #1046
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to DJGonzo69
Default Liquid Gravity Traction sauce

Paul- Great run at the Reedy. Thanks for helping me out with the flow on those L1 & L2 bottles. The L1 worked great on the new tires. The L2 worked even better on my re-run tires. Great product! Hope to see you next time at the Reedy.

Thx-John Gonzalez
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #1047
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGonzo69 View Post
Paul- Great run at the Reedy. Thanks for helping me out with the flow on those L1 & L2 bottles. The L1 worked great on the new tires. The L2 worked even better on my re-run tires. Great product! Hope to see you next time at the Reedy.

Thx-John Gonzalez
Hi John. I have used the sauce formulas for a while now but reedy was the first time using those bottles and the flow was a little off so i had to wing it. the reedy was also the first time it was ever availible for sale. Im pretty sure that the problem is fixed properly now for the production batch.

Thanks for the feedback!

Paul.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #1048
Tech Elite

Hey Paul,

Do you run the same number of turns in modified motors at most tracks? ....and if you remember running at Jackson, what turn modified will you try first at the Nats?

Thanks, Greg
Old 06-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #1049
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi John. I have used the sauce formulas for a while now but reedy was the first time using those bottles and the flow was a little off so i had to wing it. the reedy was also the first time it was ever availible for sale. Im pretty sure that the problem is fixed properly now for the production batch.

Thanks for the feedback!

Paul.

Is there a website or means of buying this sauce now?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #1050
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Hey Paul,

Do you run the same number of turns in modified motors at most tracks? ....and if you remember running at Jackson, what turn modified will you try first at the Nats?

Thanks, Greg
Hi Greg, i always run a 4.0. most tracks it is way to much power but it keeps my throttle control in check. for jackson i will run a Thunderpower 4.0, 15deg timing geared at 8.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Is there a website or means of buying this sauce now?
Hi Andrew, RC America is carrying it. Hope your doing Good. Later.