Send a message via AIM to stormperson

Thanks for the info Paul!
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #77
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinBasse View Post
Hi Paul

i have seen a picture of your car from the iic and couldnīt see your body posts in the back but then noticed them on the back bumper why is that?

thanks
Martin
Sorry to pollute the thread, but could you post a link towards the pictures you are referring to ? thanks !
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #78
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
Sorry to pollute the thread, but could you post a link towards the pictures you are referring to ? thanks !
unfortunately no i canīt, it was in a magasin (xtreme rc cars nov. issue)
you could try google for some pictures from the iic race.

maybe Paul has some pictures himself?
MartinBasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #79
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

here guys http://s858.photobucket.com/albums/a...ars/rc%20cars/
Old 01-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Paul just wanted to thank you for helping Jason at the Novak race. It was nice for him to be able to be competetive in his class. Without your help he could not have gotten as far as he did. Sorry he doesn't get that much on road practice in but this summer we will try to make an effort so he can compete in the regular classes.

Giving the bodies to the youngsters was very generous. The one you gave to Jason is displayed with his trophies. He is extremely proud of it. He keeps asking me why I'm not working on his WGT and he claims he is going to use his own money to buy a 12th scale. I think he had fun.

Take care and again thank you.
kghills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #81
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin4444 View Post
Thanks a ton. I was able to picture it mentally but it's always better with the eyes. Actually I did the same thing on my FK05.

It reminds me of the little parts made by some asian manufacturer, they go on the existing bodyposts to help support the rear wing, an can be angled to "tune" rear downforce.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #82
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormperson View Post
Thanks for the info Paul!
no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kghills View Post
Paul just wanted to thank you for helping Jason at the Novak race. It was nice for him to be able to be competetive in his class. Without your help he could not have gotten as far as he did. Sorry he doesn't get that much on road practice in but this summer we will try to make an effort so he can compete in the regular classes.

Giving the bodies to the youngsters was very generous. The one you gave to Jason is displayed with his trophies. He is extremely proud of it. He keeps asking me why I'm not working on his WGT and he claims he is going to use his own money to buy a 12th scale. I think he had fun.

Take care and again thank you.

No problem, im glad you and Jason ended up coming. you guys did great.
Im glad that he likes the body, you can apoligise to the wife for me for twisting your arm to come, LOL.

see ya soon
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #83
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Hey muffin, Good luck in 2010 with your new sponsor package!!!!! I see nothing but good things for ya'
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #84
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats on the new sponsor, good luck!

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Paul congrats on your most recent win, guess you got that 30 turn motor figured out, lol.

A quick question for you. Whats the heaviest weight shock oil you have ever had to go to in TC carpet racing. Just trying to lighten my pit box and make it less of a rolling environmental disaster.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #86
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropy View Post
Hey muffin, Good luck in 2010 with your new sponsor package!!!!! I see nothing but good things for ya'
Hi Kropy, Thanks man. hope all is still good with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
Congrats on the new sponsor, good luck!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Hey Paul congrats on your most recent win, guess you got that 30 turn motor figured out, lol.

A quick question for you. Whats the heaviest weight shock oil you have ever had to go to in TC carpet racing. Just trying to lighten my pit box and make it less of a rolling environmental disaster.
Thanks, if you run Xray aluminum shocks you need 450 to 800, if you run the plastics you need 350 to 700. assuming that your not going to drill your pistons. with three hole pistons i almost always run 350r 550f with plastic shocks and 500r 700f with aluminums.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi Kropy, Thanks man. hope all is still good with you!

Thanks!

Thanks, if you run Xray aluminum shocks you need 450 to 800, if you run the plastics you need 350 to 700. assuming that your not going to drill your pistons. with three hole pistons i almost always run 350r 550f with plastic shocks and 500r 700f with aluminums.
Thanks for that Paul. I'm guessing the heavier for aluminum due to heat transfer?

Also how did the testing at trackside go with the shorter drive and the link changes? When you said you where going to move the center post up, are talking about the post just behind the servo saver? Going from the middle of the chassiss to the back of servo saver position?
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #88
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
It reminds me of the little parts made by some asian manufacturer, they go on the existing bodyposts to help support the rear wing, an can be angled to "tune" rear downforce.
Something like this? http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=18066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Does this apply to rubber or foam or both?
Hurrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #89
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Thanks for that Paul. I'm guessing the heavier for aluminum due to heat transfer?

Also how did the testing at trackside go with the shorter drive and the link changes? When you said you where going to move the center post up, are talking about the post just behind the servo saver? Going from the middle of the chassiss to the back of servo saver position?
No problem, the aluminum shocks come stock with 1.1mm holes, and the plastic shocks are 1.0, so with the smaller piston holes i use thinner oil to compensate.
I did some more testing with the 52 and 50mm deive shafts and im leaning twords the 50mm shafts. with the plastic spool outdrives the 52mm shafts are less prone to breaking the outdrives so i always ran those, but i think that i will try the 50mm front shafts with the aluminum spool outdrives. i thought that the shorter drive shafts might have given the car a bit more rotation when the bite is high. im not sure what you are saying about the center post, im assuming that i was talking about the ackermann positioning, and i liked my post forward with the notches almost all the way extended (one from full long). this is all for rubber tire carpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrle View Post
Something like this? http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=18066

Does this apply to rubber or foam or both?

Sorry, the shock stuff is for rubber tire. it has been a while since i ran foam but i remember the shock set up being, 2hole front and 3hole rear with 350 in the rear and 500 in the front, for foam i always ran much thicker damping in the front to match the 30lb front spring which we run. for foam with aluminum shocks i would guess that 800ft and 450R with 3hole's all around would be pretty good.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #90
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW Paul, first a new tire sponsor now a new fuel sponsor. Good luck with the new go-go juice!

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote