Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC >

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Great run in 12th Paul. I assume you won't be bringing that car back with you. Good luck in TC. You are our hero!

Keith and Jason.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Paul.
Great to watch and see you in the final of the 12th scale.
Wish you good luck at ISTC as well, keep on going and have a great time.

Ed
Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was racing tonight on our carpet track and am confused why i got .3 slower from the 1st qual to the main. The traction was down as usual but this seems to be when i pull my fastest laps. As the traction comes up my car gets slower. It feels like it doesn't want to rotate around the slow speed corners very well.

So to help loosen the rear up some i put on a medium rear swaybar. It did nothing or made it worse.

Regardless of my setup what would be some good recommendations to loosen up the rear or giving the car more low speed steering; roll center, stiffer springs, different swaybar, less rear toe, etc?
Old 07-02-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

Congrats on the 1/12 Amain. is Matsukura human like the rest of us??

Also guys, after Q1 in 1/10 Paul is currently 4th

i told you Paul, its not a big deal, you only have to beat Jilles, Mark, Volker and Hara

cheers

Ali
Old 07-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Paul is 2nd after Q2 one second behind WC Marc

way to go Paul
Old 07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

Paul is 5th on the Amain's grid

Paul, Hara down, 3 to go

give em Hell paul
Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Paul is my new hero
Old 07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
I was racing tonight on our carpet track and am confused why i got .3 slower from the 1st qual to the main. The traction was down as usual but this seems to be when i pull my fastest laps. As the traction comes up my car gets slower. It feels like it doesn't want to rotate around the slow speed corners very well.

So to help loosen the rear up some i put on a medium rear swaybar. It did nothing or made it worse.

Regardless of my setup what would be some good recommendations to loosen up the rear or giving the car more low speed steering; roll center, stiffer springs, different swaybar, less rear toe, etc?
More rear swaybar gives the t3 more rear traction. It's backwards from what it used to be...lol. Somethings are the exact opposite. You might try a heavier shockoil in the front, along with removing the rear swaybar and taking off the rear standoffs. Try removing a couple screws from the upper deck in the rear and put all 4 screws in the upper deck where it connects to the front bulk heads.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

A main Paul, way to go! Give it your best like we know you will. You are our hero!

Keith and Jason.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey paul

Great to meet you today

I will let you know how i get on with my chassis building , Thanks for your advice

Caught in the lense LOL

Old 07-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

At the worlds I have watch your driving skills, really smooth.
Really impressive to me.
Good luck for the future.

Regards

Ed
Old 07-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Brent; I'm not Paul obviously, but i would suggest taking out some rear toe if the traction gets really high.

See you next week maybe.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Smile

hey paul since trackside is going to off road were are you going to go for your home track?
Also are you going to make it down to Chicago for Asphalt assault there is one this week end but i dont know if u can make it due to just getting back from worlds.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, Paul.

Question, how did you mount your lipo to your self made chassis plate.
Did you do it with double sided tap or whatever?.
Thanks in advance

Ed
Old 07-09-2010, 04:36 AM
Gravity RC

Hi all, sorry i am so speratic on here as of late. just iether been traveling a lot, trying to spend time with family or huddled in the basement getting ready for the next race. here we go!

Originally Posted by RCknight
changes? Have you tested the new touring car?
I have tested some new peces, but i dont think anything is final as of yet. At the WC's many drivers had new lipo chassis and steering, i know that Juraj spent most of the weekend testing different chassis. I stuck with a stock car with a test lipo chassis on it because that is what i knew best for that race. if i could have done more testing i would have had more of the new stuff on my car.

Originally Posted by Cribbin
many thanks mate, gave it a go last night and the car was great. cheers mate
"Delayed reaction", sweet Im glad it worked for you!

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
I have just picked up some Thunder Power 5200 50c and am using Team Orion Clubman Lipo Edition chargers.

I am looking to get info on a balance adapter that plugs directly into my charger and into the battery. I am trying to bypass the balance board type adapters

What is the balance plug on the TPs called?

Thanks for any input and feel free to PM me.

Paul also feel free to join us at Fantasy World for the 26th annual Summer Sizzler!!!!

www.fantasyworldracing.com

Thanks,
Kyle

Hi Kyle, Did you get things sorted yet? I really dont know but i can do some reaserch if you still need help. Thanks

Originally Posted by Way2Evl
Anyone notice that on Pauls set up sheet he had the belts ran on the left side instead of the right. Was this a typo or did he do this on purpose? Paul, could you explain why you did this if it was done on purpose?
Hi, I run the belts on the normal side. (front belt on the motor side). I have absolutely no reason for doing this, everything just fitts still so i never bothered to change it.

Originally Posted by Kevin K

Paul I think this thing owes you a pint of blood.....long live the Jinkin
Wow, that is really funny LOL. i love old school scotty and the jincoln.

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hey Paul,

why arent you in Germany yet??

a small question, i've been looking at your set-ups (thanks for the link) and saw that you run the speed 6 withe DNA's body!! why is that??

cheers

Ali
Hi Ali, i do sometimes run the Dna wing, i cant say that i have ever had a track day that i sat their and ran 20 wings, but that wing does work well whenever i put it on. i used it also on my LTC at the WC's.

Originally Posted by frank b
i have been trying to figure out witch is the best low profile servo to get ?
i would like to know what kind you would use in a low profile, because my kopro does not want to track straight and i can not do anything to get it to go straight. any help would be appreciated thanks

ciao !!!!!
Hi, The Futaba BLS551 is really good. I have even run that servo in my Nitro cars. it should work flawless for you.

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Paul,

How's the married life treating you? Been looking for your NT1 setup sheets with no luck...do you still post them on the XRay site?

-Dorian
Hi Dorian, Things are going good here. yea sorry, I never did post my nitro nationals set up. ill get it up their.

Originally Posted by hanulec
paul - nice run w/ the XII at the Worlds! i suspect people will want your setup . i'd be interested to hear how you think the traction at this year's Worlds track compared to other larger US indoor racers - like IIC or Birds.

good luck in TC..
Hi, the 12th car was ok. the grip was really weird to me at the event, at first their was no grip atall and cars were just sliding around, then after scheduled practice they changed the rule to allow a different tire sauce, after that the grip went threw the roof but soon "1hr" the track got super greasy BC the new sauce had tons of oil in it, then the track went back to mediun grip.
I never really got a handle on everything and i did get REALLY lucky to get in to the final but even at that it ended up ok for us. Alex's car looked good in the end so i will be trying something like his set up at the next race.
But to me it was never similar conditions to IIC or snowbirds.

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi Paul,

Nice run at the 1/12th Worlds. I saw one picture of your car and you where running a Pulse based motor, just wondering what you ended up running, base and wind?

Good Luck in TC.
Hi, yes it was a pulse 4.5 motor. it ran pretty well. i ran it at -5deg timing 96/27 with a LRP stock spec speedo on 0131 for settings.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.