R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #286
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kghills View Post
Let me know if you and Chase need any setup help.

Keith.
will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb214 View Post
Hi Paul,

Just wanna ask you what servo you`re using in your T2/T3? Im wondering to upgrade to a low-profile servo in my T3, currently Im using 9451. Also, what radio youre using now, still the 3PK? or the 4PKS? thanks for answerin`..
Hi, right now i have a futaba BLS451 in my car, i have run the low profile servo and it is good, has good speed and torque. Im running the 4pk now for all my cars, its working good.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Paul: what are your thoughts on a gear diff for Mod electric?
I would like to have one, im not sure how it would perform but i would definately try one.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #287
Tech Master
 
Danny-b23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,328
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Paul,

Would there be any benefits of running a gear diff in the front end over a spool or a ball diff? Would the gear diff have the same benefits as a spool under heavy acceleration or braking, and also have the cornering advantage of a ball differential? Or would you be able to get both characteristics with one oil weight, and not have to compromise cornering for acceleration and braking or vice versa?

Thanks,

Danny
__________________
RC America|XRAY|ORCA|Motiv|EA Motorsports
Danny Buck
WCICS Rep - Round 1, Saskatoon, SK
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #288
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milton,Canada
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi Paul, i need another 1.5 seconds to catch the top guy at my track over the 5 minute run. Can you give me driving lessons, i`ll pay top dollar,lol,lol,lol.
__________________
RROL and LOU`s where only real racers race.
Weapons of choice,NT1 2010 , X-Ray T3 x 2, X-Ray X10 X-Ray all the way baby.
Futaba 4pk,gq tires,jaco tyres,odonnel fuel,T-Power batteries, tekin and nova powered.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #289
Tech Adept
 
xray2050's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
Hi Paul, i need another 1.5 seconds to catch the top guy at my track over the 5 minute run. Can you give me driving lessons, i`ll pay top dollar,lol,lol,lol.
Stay off the boards! LOL!
__________________
Pete Elphinstone
__________________
RC America, HUDY, XRAY, JACO, Performance Hobbies, WERKS RACING, www.speedzoneusa.com, Sweep Racing USA
xray2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:09 AM   #290
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milton,Canada
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray2050 View Post
Stay off the boards! LOL!

You be quite Pete!!!!!
lol,lol,lol,lol,lol.
__________________
RROL and LOU`s where only real racers race.
Weapons of choice,NT1 2010 , X-Ray T3 x 2, X-Ray X10 X-Ray all the way baby.
Futaba 4pk,gq tires,jaco tyres,odonnel fuel,T-Power batteries, tekin and nova powered.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 AM   #291
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,002
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default reedy

Paul,

any update if your coming to Reedy? Looks like its going to be a good invite class. It would be cool to see are best Xray driver battle with them.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #292
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

hi paul,

im having trouble with rear end grip on low grip tracks im not a noobie with set ups just cant get the t3 to work for me do you think cutting the top deck in the rear i have attach a pic do you think it will gain me more grip.Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC-301190_10.jpg
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #293
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Hey Paul.....Thanks for coming down and supporting our race and helping all the guys this weekend! I especially appreciate the help with my TC. It was unfortunate that I drove like a moron and did not put it in the show. The car was definitly capable of a top 5 finish with the right guy behind the wheel.

I promise that I will go through the car and take care of those "minor" issues we talked about.

As always, it was a treat to watch you drive almost flawlessly every heat!
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #294
Tech Fanatic
 
RLMW VQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Island Lake
Posts: 903
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

well its offical paul has now won everything out there. he just won his frist concorse trouphy. congrats, good to see you down there.
__________________
Hotbodies-HPI Racing- Hara Products-Team Fantom Driver-True RC-Rc Hobby and Track
RLMW VQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #295
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-b23 View Post
Paul,

Would there be any benefits of running a gear diff in the front end over a spool or a ball diff? Would the gear diff have the same benefits as a spool under heavy acceleration or braking, and also have the cornering advantage of a ball differential? Or would you be able to get both characteristics with one oil weight, and not have to compromise cornering for acceleration and braking or vice versa?

Thanks,

Danny
Hi Danny, i have asked myself the same exact questions, and i have never had the means to test it. i think you could make a case for any of that stuff, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
Hi Paul, i need another 1.5 seconds to catch the top guy at my track over the 5 minute run. Can you give me driving lessons, i`ll pay top dollar,lol,lol,lol.
come to trackside and Ill work for a box of cracker jacks,LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Paul,

any update if your coming to Reedy? Looks like its going to be a good invite class. It would be cool to see are best Xray driver battle with them.
Im planning on coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
hi paul,

im having trouble with rear end grip on low grip tracks im not a noobie with set ups just cant get the t3 to work for me do you think cutting the top deck in the rear i have attach a pic do you think it will gain me more grip.Attachment 583905
Hi do think that it will help a little. the biggest thing's that would make any car have good rear grip would be:
3deg rear camber, 0.5deg front camber, 3.5deg rear toe, full long rear wheel base, full short front wheel base, ackermann ckicks "Full short"), wing mounted back on body. I have never seen a car with all of those things done still spin out, reguardless of the rest of the set up. check those things out and if you want you can post or sendme your set up. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
Hey Paul.....Thanks for coming down and supporting our race and helping all the guys this weekend! I especially appreciate the help with my TC. It was unfortunate that I drove like a moron and did not put it in the show. The car was definitly capable of a top 5 finish with the right guy behind the wheel.

I promise that I will go through the car and take care of those "minor" issues we talked about.

As always, it was a treat to watch you drive almost flawlessly every heat!
Thanks Steve. if i would have helped earlier im sure it would have been much better. i had a lot of fun, thanks for coming too. see ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLMW VQ View Post
well its offical paul has now won everything out there. he just won his frist concorse trouphy. congrats, good to see you down there.
Yup, i felt bad because Jasons body was really really nice. but the trophy was HUGE and i never won a concorse before so i was pretty happy.
Thanks!
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #296
Tech Adept
 
richdevro's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wheeling, Illinois
Posts: 101
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi Paul, congrats on the weekend. I really wanted to thank you for helping me this weekend..After I replaced the servo like you suggested it was money until i was packed.. You never have a problem helping people when they need it, I know i appreciate it as does everyone else. Thats what makes you great. Thank you again..Richard
richdevro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #297
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,774
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Track Food

Oh, and I went over to RCAmerica and got a T3 today. You have every right to make fun of me if you see me running a VTA again.
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #298
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 117
Default

Hi Paul, is there any particular reason you are not using BLS551? It has similar spec as BLS451 and is about 15 grams lighter.
andrew188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #299
Tech Regular
 
Team Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Hi Paul, Are you going to be attending the Reedy Race at Norcal Hobbies this year?
__________________
Team Losi Racing/ Spektrum/ Horizon Hobby/ JConcepts/ Hobby Star/ Schelle Racing
Team Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #300
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Look up a few posts Derek
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) Paul L Electric On-Road 1384 12-18-2009 08:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net