Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by kghills
Let me know if you and Chase need any setup help.

Keith.
will do

Originally Posted by tb214
Hi Paul,

Just wanna ask you what servo you`re using in your T2/T3? Im wondering to upgrade to a low-profile servo in my T3, currently Im using 9451. Also, what radio youre using now, still the 3PK? or the 4PKS? thanks for answerin`..
Hi, right now i have a futaba BLS451 in my car, i have run the low profile servo and it is good, has good speed and torque. Im running the 4pk now for all my cars, its working good.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by JayL
Paul: what are your thoughts on a gear diff for Mod electric?
I would like to have one, im not sure how it would perform but i would definately try one.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Paul,

Would there be any benefits of running a gear diff in the front end over a spool or a ball diff? Would the gear diff have the same benefits as a spool under heavy acceleration or braking, and also have the cornering advantage of a ball differential? Or would you be able to get both characteristics with one oil weight, and not have to compromise cornering for acceleration and braking or vice versa?

Thanks,

Danny
Old 04-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Paul, i need another 1.5 seconds to catch the top guy at my track over the 5 minute run. Can you give me driving lessons, i`ll pay top dollar,lol,lol,lol.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Hi Paul, i need another 1.5 seconds to catch the top guy at my track over the 5 minute run. Can you give me driving lessons, i`ll pay top dollar,lol,lol,lol.
Stay off the boards! LOL!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xray2050
Stay off the boards! LOL!

You be quite Pete!!!!!
lol,lol,lol,lol,lol.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default reedy

Paul,

any update if your coming to Reedy? Looks like its going to be a good invite class. It would be cool to see are best Xray driver battle with them.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hi paul,

im having trouble with rear end grip on low grip tracks im not a noobie with set ups just cant get the t3 to work for me do you think cutting the top deck in the rear i have attach a pic do you think it will gain me more grip.Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC-301190_10.jpg
Old 04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey Paul.....Thanks for coming down and supporting our race and helping all the guys this weekend! I especially appreciate the help with my TC. It was unfortunate that I drove like a moron and did not put it in the show. The car was definitly capable of a top 5 finish with the right guy behind the wheel.

I promise that I will go through the car and take care of those "minor" issues we talked about.

As always, it was a treat to watch you drive almost flawlessly every heat!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well its offical paul has now won everything out there. he just won his frist concorse trouphy. congrats, good to see you down there.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Paul,

Would there be any benefits of running a gear diff in the front end over a spool or a ball diff? Would the gear diff have the same benefits as a spool under heavy acceleration or braking, and also have the cornering advantage of a ball differential? Or would you be able to get both characteristics with one oil weight, and not have to compromise cornering for acceleration and braking or vice versa?

Thanks,

Danny
Hi Danny, i have asked myself the same exact questions, and i have never had the means to test it. i think you could make a case for any of that stuff, sorry.

Originally Posted by nitro ho
come to trackside and Ill work for a box of cracker jacks,LOL

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Paul,

any update if your coming to Reedy? Looks like its going to be a good invite class. It would be cool to see are best Xray driver battle with them.
Im planning on coming!

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
hi paul,

im having trouble with rear end grip on low grip tracks im not a noobie with set ups just cant get the t3 to work for me do you think cutting the top deck in the rear i have attach a pic do you think it will gain me more grip.Attachment 583905
Hi do think that it will help a little. the biggest thing's that would make any car have good rear grip would be:
3deg rear camber, 0.5deg front camber, 3.5deg rear toe, full long rear wheel base, full short front wheel base, ackermann ckicks "Full short"), wing mounted back on body. I have never seen a car with all of those things done still spin out, reguardless of the rest of the set up. check those things out and if you want you can post or sendme your set up. Thanks

Originally Posted by SteveL
Hey Paul.....Thanks for coming down and supporting our race and helping all the guys this weekend! I especially appreciate the help with my TC. It was unfortunate that I drove like a moron and did not put it in the show. The car was definitly capable of a top 5 finish with the right guy behind the wheel.

I promise that I will go through the car and take care of those "minor" issues we talked about.

As always, it was a treat to watch you drive almost flawlessly every heat!
Thanks Steve. if i would have helped earlier im sure it would have been much better. i had a lot of fun, thanks for coming too. see ya.

Originally Posted by RLMW VQ
well its offical paul has now won everything out there. he just won his frist concorse trouphy. congrats, good to see you down there.
Yup, i felt bad because Jasons body was really really nice. but the trophy was HUGE and i never won a concorse before so i was pretty happy.
Thanks!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Paul, congrats on the weekend. I really wanted to thank you for helping me this weekend..After I replaced the servo like you suggested it was money until i was packed.. You never have a problem helping people when they need it, I know i appreciate it as does everyone else. Thats what makes you great. Thank you again..Richard
Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Track Food

Oh, and I went over to RCAmerica and got a T3 today. You have every right to make fun of me if you see me running a VTA again.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Paul, is there any particular reason you are not using BLS551? It has similar spec as BLS451 and is about 15 grams lighter.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hi Paul, Are you going to be attending the Reedy Race at Norcal Hobbies this year?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Look up a few posts Derek

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.