Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pauls a cheese head

Hi Paul your such a jerk LOL Doug from MN just livening up the thread. Following you on FB Doing great. Living in FL now back into racing. Meagan says HI.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Whats up paul how you been ? Your thread has been berried deep in rc tech.
Question on setup vs the Gspec tires on carpet.
T4 14 feels ok but slightly pushy for first 5ish laps , then gets good for next 10 laps ,then last 15ish laps its extremely loose.
Ive softened the springs up from my sweep norm, raised the inner pins all around .5 added toe to rear , lengthened rear camberlinks and added center post o and also removed rear droop ...
quick set up info;
front , 2.3-2.6p /300 oil
rear ,2.3-2.6p /350 oil
[°] .5 all around f&r
mid camber link f&r
4°caster & 0° camber front and very little up travel(1.5mm up travel)
rear 2° camber and (1.5mm up travel)
tires have 3 runs on them and look like they been ran outdoors for a day already. Btw this is at thunder rc in nash high bite track
Old 09-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Gravity RC

Hi Everyone. Im really Sorry about the Huge delay. Just been Hectic lately.

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Paul - Sorry I could not be a part of your event... I had an issue with my flight schedules on Sunday and could not change them... To say I was bit upset about is.... and understatement..

Thanks for the info.....
No Problem! we missed you but was fun anyways! their is always Next year

Originally Posted by regets ama
Paul,
Thank you for hosting the Gravity RC race in Joliet, Il. Leisure Hours Hobby did a terrific job keeping things rolling along, the competition of the fields was superb and my favorite was the unexpected free pizza lunch you provided.
Very well done Paul.
Was a Great Time. The race turned out awesome! Thanks for coming!

Originally Posted by Voltron989
Paul I really have to say you threw a awesome race.
you really went above and beyond more then any race ive ever attended.
A raffle where everyone wins? Lunch for all? Best looking trophy's I've seen and auctioning your products for charity? Man the race was first class all the way. Even with electronic problems all day sunday I still went home feeling like a winner plus I won the Ti Screw kit on the raffle so that helped =)

I also want to say Ive made an order through your website before and your products are great and I have to say your packaging is awesome. I really look at the little things like that and I was very impressed how everything came.
Im going to go on your site today and order a few thing because I was caught up in all my problems sunday to buy some stuff I wanted like the body height tuners and to try out your tires on my track plus your G-Hats look pretty sweet lol
I was just wondering which tires compound should I try for medium grip asphalt? seems like a lot of people were using the carpet tires for the race?

Thanks again for such an awesome race. I don't think ill ever attend a better race then yours. wish you and your company much success!
I must say again sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for all your super positive comments! It was a pleasure for me and a big step as it was the first "Gravity" race. If you still have questions please let me know!

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Kinda quiet in here.
yes, Im a slacker for sure

Originally Posted by Dunior
Hi Paul your such a jerk LOL Doug from MN just livening up the thread. Following you on FB Doing great. Living in FL now back into racing. Meagan says HI.
Hi Doug!!! WOW, Great to hear from you!. Glad everything is going good. Cool that your racing again, hopefully ill bump in to you guys again. Say hi to Meagan!

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Whats up paul how you been ? Your thread has been berried deep in rc tech.
Question on setup vs the Gspec tires on carpet.
T4 14 feels ok but slightly pushy for first 5ish laps , then gets good for next 10 laps ,then last 15ish laps its extremely loose.
Ive softened the springs up from my sweep norm, raised the inner pins all around .5 added toe to rear , lengthened rear camberlinks and added center post o and also removed rear droop ...
quick set up info;
front , 2.3-2.6p /300 oil
rear ,2.3-2.6p /350 oil
[°] .5 all around f&r
mid camber link f&r
4°caster & 0° camber front and very little up travel(1.5mm up travel)
rear 2° camber and (1.5mm up travel)
tires have 3 runs on them and look like they been ran outdoors for a day already. Btw this is at thunder rc in nash high bite track
Hi! here is something that i am now including with the tires, much of this should help you i hope . Also i have had good success with not cleaning the tires after the run, just saucing over the top takes away a bit of the edge also. Thanks!

CARPET RUBER TIRE TUNING TIPS (by Paul Lemieux) [email protected]
Additive: Much of the time it is not necessary to apply full additive to the front tires, only applying additive to the inner half or none of the front tire will increase stability. “Liquid Gravity LGC” is recommended in most cases for maximum stability.
Glue: Gluing the outer sidewall of the front tire is not necessary but recommended in many cases, it will provide more high speed stability to your car. When gluing it is recommended to apply a moderate coat of CA glue from the glue seam up the sidewall of the tire. Gluing approximately 1mm up beyond the markings on the sidewall is recommended.
Chassis: These tips are likely to make your vehicle more stable and consistent for carpet racing. Not order of importance.
WEIGHT: (weight more forward on chassis or longer rear wheelbase will add nose weight and is also likely to add stability).
REAR WING: (Moving rear wing back on the body will provide more high speed stability).
FRONT CAMBER: (Especially after gluing the front sidewall of the tire, less front camber will increase stability).
STEERING THROW: (In many cases maximum overall steering throw is not necessary).
ACKERMAN: (More Ackerman will provide a car that is more stable center of the corner and also while exiting on throttle).
Thanks for reading! GRAVITY RC.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi Everyone. Im really Sorry about the Huge delay. Just been Hectic lately.

No Problem! we missed you but was fun anyways! their is always Next year

Was a Great Time. The race turned out awesome! Thanks for coming!

I must say again sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for all your super positive comments! It was a pleasure for me and a big step as it was the first "Gravity" race. If you still have questions please let me know!

yes, Im a slacker for sure

Hi Doug!!! WOW, Great to hear from you!. Glad everything is going good. Cool that your racing again, hopefully ill bump in to you guys again. Say hi to Meagan!

Hi! here is something that i am now including with the tires, much of this should help you i hope . Also i have had good success with not cleaning the tires after the run, just saucing over the top takes away a bit of the edge also. Thanks!

CARPET RUBER TIRE TUNING TIPS (by Paul Lemieux) [email protected]
Additive: Much of the time it is not necessary to apply full additive to the front tires, only applying additive to the inner half or none of the front tire will increase stability. “Liquid Gravity LGC” is recommended in most cases for maximum stability.
Glue: Gluing the outer sidewall of the front tire is not necessary but recommended in many cases, it will provide more high speed stability to your car. When gluing it is recommended to apply a moderate coat of CA glue from the glue seam up the sidewall of the tire. Gluing approximately 1mm up beyond the markings on the sidewall is recommended.
Chassis: These tips are likely to make your vehicle more stable and consistent for carpet racing. Not order of importance.
WEIGHT: (weight more forward on chassis or longer rear wheelbase will add nose weight and is also likely to add stability).
REAR WING: (Moving rear wing back on the body will provide more high speed stability).
FRONT CAMBER: (Especially after gluing the front sidewall of the tire, less front camber will increase stability).
STEERING THROW: (In many cases maximum overall steering throw is not necessary).
ACKERMAN: (More Ackerman will provide a car that is more stable center of the corner and also while exiting on throttle).
Thanks for reading! GRAVITY RC.
Slacker lol
See ya soon
Old 09-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I had the absolute pleasure of racing (and talking trash) with Paul this weekend. I have to say that besides being an incredible talent, he is also a class act guy. I talked to him at length about mod setups, track conditions and anything else I could think of. Definitely the highlight of MY weekend, but here's the real reason for my post.

My son works at the hobby shop that was hosting the race. He went through a lot of grief to get the weekend off to race with me. Stock qualifying went well for him and he qualified 2nd right in front of me. His first weekend running mod was going ok until round 4. He decided to put fresh tires on for the fourth round, bought some "premounted" tires from the shop that obviously didn't go through a quality control process. Round four was busted. He finished 2nd in the mod B main and got beat up in the stock A main and finished 4th. He was feeling pretty upset by the end of the weekend. He was asking Paul about wing mounting and Paul gave him his race body and signed it for him. It doesn't matter what happened the three days prior, he was on cloud 9. Nothing I said to encourage him worked, but an act of kindness from one of the best people in the community and my son was ecstatic. Thanks for all your help this weekend and thanks for showing what a true professional and true man can be.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

That ^^ is class.
It is amazing how little things from someone like Paul can turn a weekend around. Very cool.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Paul, where's my body? That was a nice read.

I would love to see your IIC T4 '15 setup though.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

My local carpet track (TQ) judt started carrying gravity 1/12 tires and i noticed your compounds are done differently. The fast guys run blk n yellow n grey a occassionaly. My question is what compounds of yours are closest? Im thinking the hard front and soft rear maybe super soft? Can you shed some light?
Old 11-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

https://web.archive.org/web/20010208...pro_rides3.asp

Never heard of Paul Lemieux?
Old 11-11-2014, 05:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
That's awesome. I still have my SST Axis, with a cycloneTC ESC. Funny thing is that I was running pretty much the same setup in 98-99.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

@racer x. I'm not Paul or do I have his driving ability but for me med front and med rear is a good starting point for 17.5/13.5 1/12. Sometimes I go to hard fronts if I need more steering mid to late race. So far I have had very good luck with his tires as repeateabilty from run to run.
Chris
Old 11-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Whats the easiest way to get the 1 or 2.5m silicone out of a diff?
Old 11-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Mechanically remove as much as you can. Then use a D-Limonene based citrus cleaner to soften the rest. Use a toothbrush to agitate it into the crevices. Then spray with motor spray to remove the orange cleaner and the silicone mix. Use the orange and toothbrush again if necessary. The orange cleaner dissolves the silicone better than motor spray and leaves the plastics free of silicone. I've tried a bunch of methods and this works the best for me.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Cool thanks, I seem to have got it pretty clean. What brand product are you using for the orange cleaner?
Old 12-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Paul: As we get closer to 2015 just wondering if there will be any updates to the Thunder Power brushless motor line and were you involved at all on the new F1 project? Thanks and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and your family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.