Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 01:03 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I' thinking about picking up the new Futaba 4PKS-R
How do you racer like it?

Last edited by OVA; 05-29-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Questions??

Hey Paul I was on the Gravity website and noticed the usgt premounts are on dish wheels where the roar rules state no dish wheels only spokes. Since you guys make some sweet spoked wheels will we be seeing any premounts on those or is this a rule change that's around the corner? Thanks Dennis
Old 05-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Exclamation

Nevermind my previous post as between this morning and now they appeared on the site premounted on spokes so question answered...thanks anyways!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hi Paul - it was great to see you at LH last week...

May I ask, what does the foam inserts do in the shocks?

Also, on your setup from Reedy, did you run with or without the top deck with the Alum Chassis?

Many thanks...
Old 06-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Paul,
Do you have a setup sheet for LHR?
Maybe you could post some of your setup sheets on the Gravity site.
When people ask you tell them to go to www.teamgravityrc.com

Thanks and all the best.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by OVA
I' thinking about picking up the new Futaba 4PKS-R
How do you racer like it?
Sorry for the delay in my response. The radio is great, no problems with it at all. I do know that their is a new one coming along but dont know when.

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Hi Paul - it was great to see you at LH last week...

May I ask, what does the foam inserts do in the shocks?

Also, on your setup from Reedy, did you run with or without the top deck with the Alum Chassis?

Many thanks...
Hi Barry, was fun!. The foam in the shocks just adds a little but of rebound feel and gives the shock a bit more pack (I think). I did use the top deck with the 4 most front and 4 most back screws.

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Hey Paul,
Do you have a setup sheet for LHR?
Maybe you could post some of your setup sheets on the Gravity site.
When people ask you tell them to go to www.teamgravityrc.com

Thanks and all the best.
I used my Reedy set up at LH last week. Good idea to link set ups to the site. Thanks!

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t4_2014
Old 06-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
I used my Reedy set up at LH last week. Good idea to link set ups to the site. Thanks!

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L

Hey Paul, it was nice to meet you at LH couple weeks ago for Prarieland. It was also very fun/inspiring to see you drive, especially the last qualifier and the first half of the main until your tire problem.

Regarding the set-up above, 5k rear diff oil seems on the higher side of most set-ups I have seen. Do you find this helps with rotation of the car as a whole, or does it just cause the rear to slightly lose traction?

I am searching for ways to carry more corner speed without the rear-end sliding out on corner entry. I am currently running a spool up front, 2k in the rear diff, and 2.7 front springs. Otherwise I have about the same set-up- minus the aluminum chassis on my T4'13. I have mostly been playing with camber link length changing the roll centers. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by mschumi101
Hey Paul, it was nice to meet you at LH couple weeks ago for Prarieland. It was also very fun/inspiring to see you drive, especially the last qualifier and the first half of the main until your tire problem.

Regarding the set-up above, 5k rear diff oil seems on the higher side of most set-ups I have seen. Do you find this helps with rotation of the car as a whole, or does it just cause the rear to slightly lose traction?

I am searching for ways to carry more corner speed without the rear-end sliding out on corner entry. I am currently running a spool up front, 2k in the rear diff, and 2.7 front springs. Otherwise I have about the same set-up- minus the aluminum chassis on my T4'13. I have mostly been playing with camber link length changing the roll centers. Thanks in advance!
Hi. Thanks!. the 5k is on the heavy side, normally the higher the grip the thicker the rear diff, in the case of LH i would say 3K is the median. 5k does give more speed and rotation but at the expense of rear grip so it may not be best. In general i would suggest trying a front diff with 2.5million instead of a spool with softer springs. the car should carry more corner speed with the chassis rolling more and the diff should also help get the car to turn off power in the corner.

Good luck!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Whiting's

Thanks Paul for putting together the Gravity RC "Race for the cup" race at the Leisure Hours Raceway in Joliet IL USA. Nice drama free race. Two full heats of Mod touring and good showings in all the classes. I highly recommend racers put this race on their calendars next year.

We ran Paul’s Reedy setup on Loran’s T4 ’14 and it was really good. I missed a front diff problem (Doh…thanks again Paul) in the 3rd and 4th qualifier’s but for the main it was pretty on and your Type A tires worked great.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
Thanks Paul for putting together the Gravity RC "Race for the cup" race at the Leisure Hours Raceway in Joliet IL USA. Nice drama free race. Two full heats of Mod touring and good showings in all the classes. I highly recommend racers put this race on their calendars next year.

We ran Paul’s Reedy setup on Loran’s T4 ’14 and it was really good. I missed a front diff problem (Doh…thanks again Paul) in the 3rd and 4th qualifier’s but for the main it was pretty on and your Type A tires worked great.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Was a blast, It was great to see the family. Will do again next year for sure. Thanks to Scott, Mike and the whole leisure hours crew for the grunt work to put it on!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Paul - Sorry I could not be a part of your event... I had an issue with my flight schedules on Sunday and could not change them... To say I was bit upset about is.... and understatement..

Thanks for the info.....
Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Paul,
Thank you for hosting the Gravity RC race in Joliet, Il. Leisure Hours Hobby did a terrific job keeping things rolling along, the competition of the fields was superb and my favorite was the unexpected free pizza lunch you provided.
Very well done Paul.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Paul I really have to say you threw a awesome race.
you really went above and beyond more then any race ive ever attended.
A raffle where everyone wins? Lunch for all? Best looking trophy's I've seen and auctioning your products for charity? Man the race was first class all the way. Even with electronic problems all day sunday I still went home feeling like a winner plus I won the Ti Screw kit on the raffle so that helped =)

I also want to say Ive made an order through your website before and your products are great and I have to say your packaging is awesome. I really look at the little things like that and I was very impressed how everything came.
Im going to go on your site today and order a few thing because I was caught up in all my problems sunday to buy some stuff I wanted like the body height tuners and to try out your tires on my track plus your G-Hats look pretty sweet lol
I was just wondering which tires compound should I try for medium grip asphalt? seems like a lot of people were using the carpet tires for the race?

Thanks again for such an awesome race. I don't think ill ever attend a better race then yours. wish you and your company much success!
Old 07-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Kinda quiet in here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.