R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #2566
Tech Regular
 
Dan Hamann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 475
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Confucius says “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself”
The fortunes continue..
__________________
RCAmerica - Xray - Hudy - RC^2 - Motiv - Team EAM - Sanwa - Avid - Max.FX - Protoform - Pro-Line - Gravity R/C - Prolevel R/C - 2MM Designs
Dan Hamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #2567
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Paul, how long is the spacer on the long shock mod for the 1/12 car?
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #2568
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,314
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Think I'm going to convert my 2012 with stock chassis /top deck for Usgt to a mod car so Matt can practice up and race at the hudy challenge and the roar nats .
He has high hopes and super quick reflexes . so what the hell I'm going to help him out .
Any suggestions For this chassis to work as good as possible .
I have a 1s hobby wing ESC and a reedy sonic 5.5 in it .
Any drag brake info or boost info to smooth out the power (I know thses r not Ur normal equipment ) but some vague details would help . im excited to see him run it
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #2569
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,314
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Double post .. Lol
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s

Last edited by jlfx car audio; 12-04-2013 at 09:57 AM.
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #2570
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 98
Default

Paul . Thanks for the small changes you recommended. I got my race time down to a 33 lap run with 5.9 off of 34 run. That two laps better. It a tad faster but much more drivable. Next question . I'm running 3000 in rear diff and 80,000 up front. I know all the talk is about a mill up front but I can not seem to drive a locked front end. Will the mill up front be much like a locked front. If so any driving tips on how to drive a locked front. And if in comfortable with the 80,000 an I really loosing anything by just keeping it. Racing was a plastic top 3 after 5 min was separated by 1.9 sec. That's what I was looking for is to be there if a board had happened to seank up on someone.
Huskerfan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #2571
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,983
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default LG2 Question

I recently purchased LG2 from Kimiko-Yano (Japan) and I have a few questions about its usage.

Under what weather conditions does LG2 work at its best? Right now, I'm currently running outside with temperatures hovering around 10-15 deg C.
Is this compound effective when used in room temperature or higher settings?

The reason why I ask, is the compound seemed to have a high viscosity and didn't absorb into foam. When applying the LG2, I noticed the traction compound settled on top of the tire with little to no absorption. I did wait for 40 minutes for the rears and 20 minutes for the fronts, and it seemed like the fronts absorbed faster than the rears.... strange.


And I must be honest, when applying the LG2, the bingo dabber applicator doesn't work on applying the traction compound evenly.

Regardless of the compound issues, the products you're offering are top notch, especially your G12 tires. They're making my 1/12 ride rip around the track with ease.

Cheers,

Edward
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #2572
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,983
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I managed to find your instructions on LG2 a few posts back. The Kimiko-Yano LG2 didn't offer any instructions with the bottle.

Now, I know.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #2573
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hamann View Post
The fortunes continue..


Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE View Post
Paul, how long is the spacer on the long shock mod for the 1/12 car?
Sorry for my delay, I was out of town for a bit. Im not super sure what you are talking about. a short standoff that i have used to make the shock longer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Think I'm going to convert my 2012 with stock chassis /top deck for Usgt to a mod car so Matt can practice up and race at the hudy challenge and the roar nats .
He has high hopes and super quick reflexes . so what the hell I'm going to help him out .
Any suggestions For this chassis to work as good as possible .
I have a 1s hobby wing ESC and a reedy sonic 5.5 in it .
Any drag brake info or boost info to smooth out the power (I know thses r not Ur normal equipment ) but some vague details would help . im excited to see him run it
Cool! I would start him between 10 and 15% for drag brake. I would also start him with no boost and see how fast it is, then you could think about going up 5% boost and turbo at a time until its right for him.
See ya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerfan1212 View Post
Paul . Thanks for the small changes you recommended. I got my race time down to a 33 lap run with 5.9 off of 34 run. That two laps better. It a tad faster but much more drivable. Next question . I'm running 3000 in rear diff and 80,000 up front. I know all the talk is about a mill up front but I can not seem to drive a locked front end. Will the mill up front be much like a locked front. If so any driving tips on how to drive a locked front. And if in comfortable with the 80,000 an I really loosing anything by just keeping it. Racing was a plastic top 3 after 5 min was separated by 1.9 sec. That's what I was looking for is to be there if a board had happened to seank up on someone.
Hi, Great! Glad that that stuff worked well. The 1 mil will not be like a locked diff, it will still have a good amount of diff action, just thicker than what you have. It is just something that you will have to try and see if you like it. The thing that you are giving up by using 80K is forward drive. the 1 mil should accelerate faster than 80K.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
I recently purchased LG2 from Kimiko-Yano (Japan) and I have a few questions about its usage.

Under what weather conditions does LG2 work at its best? Right now, I'm currently running outside with temperatures hovering around 10-15 deg C.
Is this compound effective when used in room temperature or higher settings?

The reason why I ask, is the compound seemed to have a high viscosity and didn't absorb into foam. When applying the LG2, I noticed the traction compound settled on top of the tire with little to no absorption. I did wait for 40 minutes for the rears and 20 minutes for the fronts, and it seemed like the fronts absorbed faster than the rears.... strange.


And I must be honest, when applying the LG2, the bingo dabber applicator doesn't work on applying the traction compound evenly.

Regardless of the compound issues, the products you're offering are top notch, especially your G12 tires. They're making my 1/12 ride rip around the track with ease.

Cheers,

Edward
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
I managed to find your instructions on LG2 a few posts back. The Kimiko-Yano LG2 didn't offer any instructions with the bottle.

Now, I know.
Hi Edward. Thanks for the support. Glad that you found the info that you needed! The LG2 seems to work best for me when it is applied lightly then let air dry. Eventually i will phase all my additives in to the LGC applicator bottle. Good luck!!
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #2574
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,774
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Paul,
I think PROMODVETTE is referring to Alex's car. It looked to me from his facebook page that Alex is using a standoff from the front shock mount at the end of his shock to lengthen it. Nth.

AWD
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #2575
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post



Sorry for my delay, I was out of town for a bit. Im not super sure what you are talking about. a short standoff that i have used to make the shock longer?
Yes, is it the 13mm one?
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #2576
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,774
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

I don't know for sure. I just know its long enough to get the proper droop with the shock mount turned forward. Sorry I'm not more help. I guess this is why I don't have an ask AWD thread!
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #2577
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,314
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Paul for that info on ESC .
I think we figured out his speed stuff for now but I will say that the drag breaks at 15% will bring car to a stop in 10 feet on the strait .
When u drive do u never let off trigger in the corners or what?
Also cau u recomend a spring/oil setup ?
I have 2.5 f/r with 400oil front and 350 rear and does pretty good but pushed upon entry then does good
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #2578
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
I don't know for sure. I just know its long enough to get the proper droop with the shock mount turned forward. Sorry I'm not more help. I guess this is why I don't have an ask AWD thread!
Figured it out, was 13mm.
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #2579
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

[QUOTE=jlfx car audio;12806108]Thanks Paul for that info on ESC .
I think we figured out his speed stuff for now but I will say that the drag breaks at 15% will bring car to a stop in 10 feet on the strait .
When u drive do u never let off trigger in the corners or what?
Also cau u recomend a spring/oil setup ?
I have 2.5 f/r with 400oil front and 350 rear and does pretty good but pushed upon entry then does good[/Quote/]

I definately let off the trigger a lot, it is possible that the value on that speedo is different. I normally use 15% on my hobbywing V2 and normally more than that on my LRP. Also the rotor and gearing will play a huge part in drag brake so it will never be the same unless all equipment is the same. On that car i normally ran 3hole 500F and 350R. but i think with the changing speeds and stuff i would likely use a more recent shock/spring set up. which would be more like 4hole 350 all around with 2.4's all around. dont know if it would work but maybe worth a shot. also with that car i would run 3.5deg rear toe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE View Post
Figured it out, was 13mm.
Yes it is, sorry.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #2580
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,251
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Thanks Paul for that info on ESC .
I think we figured out his speed stuff for now but I will say that the drag breaks at 15% will bring car to a stop in 10 feet on the strait .
When u drive do u never let off trigger in the corners or what?
Also cau u recomend a spring/oil setup ?
I have 2.5 f/r with 400oil front and 350 rear and does pretty good but pushed upon entry then does good
Just to chip in, make sure the initial brake is set to drag brake, and not a percentage... otherwise you'll end up with full brakes right at the start... this sounds like part of the issue there..
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) Paul L Electric On-Road 1384 12-18-2009 08:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net