R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #2431
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady_21x View Post
Sounds good! Thanks for the quick response definitely better than the $9 a can for motor cleaner!
No prob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meradin View Post
Wait Brady, these are for cleaning cars and tires...you actually have to race one to get it dirty! Just kidding! Hopefully we will see you racing again soon!



Paul, Thanks for the responses! I wouldn't want to put the naptha in the canister, I just squirt some on my rag and rub the tires down. Works well. I tried using the alcohol as a tire cleaner and it did not impress me. I will take a video of it. The Alcohol in the canister will work great as a motor spray substitute! Gotta pick me up a bottle.

I also see you have a new formula for carpet compound. Can you speak on that? How does it compare to the LG2? SXT?

Thanks for the input!. The new carpet additive seems to be working out really well. the feedback is 95% positive so far. Compared to LG2 it is much different, It is thinner and contains less oil. compared to SXT it seems to work in a similar way but generally the rear of the car seems a more stuck, or at least that has been the most common feedback.

thanks!
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #2432
Tech Regular
 
Brady_21x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Beresford, South Dakota
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meradin View Post
Wait Brady, these are for cleaning cars and tires...you actually have to race one to get it dirty! Just kidding! Hopefully we will see you racing again soon!
Hey now I thought we were friends I'll be back for the winter season full time. Got this dirt oval fever I can't seem shake! Also been having to much fun with 1/8th scale buggy


Also Paul, glad to see you'll be at the Midwest indoor championships in Marshall MN at Brandon Skewes track! I'll have to stop by and say hi and pick up a bottle of the new carpet compound, been using the older LCG and have had good luck with it, doesn't seem to fall off like some of the other brands I've tried.
Brady_21x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #2433
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady_21x View Post
Hey now I thought we were friends I'll be back for the winter season full time. Got this dirt oval fever I can't seem shake! Also been having to much fun with 1/8th scale buggy


Also Paul, glad to see you'll be at the Midwest indoor championships in Marshall MN at Brandon Skewes track! I'll have to stop by and say hi and pick up a bottle of the new carpet compound, been using the older LCG and have had good luck with it, doesn't seem to fall off like some of the other brands I've tried.

Yup Ill be their!
you should race.
The old stuff worked really well if the proper amount was used for the proper time. the new stuff is more versatile.

Thanks!
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #2434
Tech Elite
 
RED-LINE M03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: >>> USA <<<
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default

Hi Paul,


I know your more on the onroad side of the Hudy house, but i was just wondering if you could share any information on how the XB-2 project is going?

Do you think it will be released before Christmas or some time first quarter of next year?


I have the XB-4 and it's amazing...!!!


Thx
__________________
A battery pack a day keeps the stress away

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #2435
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03 View Post
Hi Paul,


I know your more on the onroad side of the Hudy house, but i was just wondering if you could share any information on how the XB-2 project is going?

Do you think it will be released before Christmas or some time first quarter of next year?


I have the XB-4 and it's amazing...!!!


Thx
Hi, I have no actual inside info on the release date but i do have my opinion. yes I THINK that the 2 wheel will be released by Christmas. I dont know a ton about the project itself though, I do know that the motor forward prototypes right now are working very well on high grip and astro turf tracks. Wish i knew more.


Thanks!
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #2436
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,755
Default

Paul, last year at IIC, several people witnessed you going to your room with a large rubber hanging out of your bag, and dragging on the ground behind you. do you have any insight as to where the fist might be, and could we we expect to see its return for the 2013-2014 season?

thanks in advance.
__________________
Team CRC / Dumper's Speed Shop / Team Scream Racing / Black Art
RC America / FB/FX / Colorado On Road RC Club
5280 Raceway (5280raceway.com) home of the MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23, 2017
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #2437
Tech Fanatic
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I'm looking at gearing suggestions for 21.5 blindly. I run thunderpoercwith standard rotor on X-ray t4 with 73 spur and 39 pinion and temps of 65 degrees c in day. Timing at 40. Changing to torque rotor, thinking of starting at 74/38 fdr 3.71 timing 30. Running in heat of day so looking for good starting point so not to let the smoke out of the can. Appreciate any input.
__________________
Speed Passion F1.
Hobbywing ESC and Motor, SMC Batteries
Meakin Park Club Member
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #2438
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lee County,Fl
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
I'm looking at gearing suggestions for 21.5 blindly. I run thunderpoercwith standard rotor on X-ray t4 with 73 spur and 39 pinion and temps of 65 degrees c in day. Timing at 40. Changing to torque rotor, thinking of starting at 74/38 fdr 3.71 timing 30. Running in heat of day so looking for good starting point so not to let the smoke out of the can. Appreciate any input.
Even though this is Paul's thread you should be good up to 82 degrees C so you could probably drop to a 3.6 fdr but I wouldn't run much more than the race time. Also on the higher turn motors you should keep the timing up pretty high to help get the top end of the motor. Here in the US running 25.5 VTA I'm geared anywhere from 3.50 to 3.70 depending on track and the temp outside. Running maxed out timing on the can. If your extremely worried about temps I'd start at like a 3.65 run it for length of your race and temp it and adjust from there.
Fladust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #2439
Tech Addict
 
Phoenix82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 576
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Paul. will you be bringing product to sell at the IIC??

Nick K
Phoenix82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:22 AM   #2440
Tech Fanatic
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fladust View Post
Even though this is Paul's thread you should be good up to 82 degrees C so you could probably drop to a 3.6 fdr but I wouldn't run much more than the race time. Also on the higher turn motors you should keep the timing up pretty high to help get the top end of the motor. Here in the US running 25.5 VTA I'm geared anywhere from 3.50 to 3.70 depending on track and the temp outside. Running maxed out timing on the can. If your extremely worried about temps I'd start at like a 3.65 run it for length of your race and temp it and adjust from there.
thanks for the input. i got a chance to give it a go starting at 3.71 with 30 degrees and the car was very slow. Got down to 3.56 with 40 degrees timing and motor temp was pretty low at around 50 degrees c at midday but it was still about 0.40s a lap off the pace.

i'll try cranking the timing up to see how it goes. hopefully that helps
__________________
Speed Passion F1.
Hobbywing ESC and Motor, SMC Batteries
Meakin Park Club Member
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #2441
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,418
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

hi paul- not sure were you came up w/ the LGC -- but i used it for the first time to spray our straightaway at horsham to build traction compound. after two previous sprays of our usual traction compound i said why not try LGC -- and boy did it make a difference. LGC really brought up the grip.... as if we had 4x the amount of people in the building. guys improved their times by 0.1 to 0.2s in rubber tire.

i cannot wait to try it directly applied to my tires. i guess i can dream. cya at iic...
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #2442
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

^ Hey Mike, what were yall spraying with before?
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #2443
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,418
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
^ Hey Mike, what were yall spraying with before?
well.. if i had it, it would of used traction action previously -- but i was all out. in the two weeks prior we had been using SXT 3.0 and it was great, but today we didn't have the temperature/humidity or body count in the building.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #2444
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
Paul, last year at IIC, several people witnessed you going to your room with a large rubber hanging out of your bag, and dragging on the ground behind you. do you have any insight as to where the fist might be, and could we we expect to see its return for the 2013-2014 season?

thanks in advance.
Hi Ficco!, I wish i knew more. Maybe it will make a triumphant return in vegas.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fladust View Post
Even though this is Paul's thread you should be good up to 82 degrees C so you could probably drop to a 3.6 fdr but I wouldn't run much more than the race time. Also on the higher turn motors you should keep the timing up pretty high to help get the top end of the motor. Here in the US running 25.5 VTA I'm geared anywhere from 3.50 to 3.70 depending on track and the temp outside. Running maxed out timing on the can. If your extremely worried about temps I'd start at like a 3.65 run it for length of your race and temp it and adjust from there.
Thanks for throwing that out their

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix82 View Post
Hi Paul. will you be bringing product to sell at the IIC??

Nick K
I will likely bring some stuff to put in the hobby shop. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
thanks for the input. i got a chance to give it a go starting at 3.71 with 30 degrees and the car was very slow. Got down to 3.56 with 40 degrees timing and motor temp was pretty low at around 50 degrees c at midday but it was still about 0.40s a lap off the pace.

i'll try cranking the timing up to see how it goes. hopefully that helps
Hi, If the temp is still not a issue i would try going up one more tooth and try a green rotor, this with a bit higher timing should bring the motor alive.

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
hi paul- not sure were you came up w/ the LGC -- but i used it for the first time to spray our straightaway at horsham to build traction compound. after two previous sprays of our usual traction compound i said why not try LGC -- and boy did it make a difference. LGC really brought up the grip.... as if we had 4x the amount of people in the building. guys improved their times by 0.1 to 0.2s in rubber tire.

i cannot wait to try it directly applied to my tires. i guess i can dream. cya at iic...
Hi Mike, Im glad that its working so well for you! I never tested it on the straight to bring up grip but that is awesome that it worked well. Thanks for the feedback and the support with all the product!
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #2445
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,755
Default

__________________
Team CRC / Dumper's Speed Shop / Team Scream Racing / Black Art
RC America / FB/FX / Colorado On Road RC Club
5280 Raceway (5280raceway.com) home of the MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23, 2017
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) Paul L Electric On-Road 1384 12-18-2009 08:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net