R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #1726
Tech Elite
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Paul jus picked up a WC NT1 was looking for a base set-up for most tracks if you had one mostly will be running down at LESUIRES HOURS..

Thanks

Andrew
__________________
IM A SURVIOR OF A DOUBLE ORGAN TRANSPLANT KIDNEY/PANCREAS...PLEASE BE A ORGAN DONOR TO GIVE LIFE TO OTHERS!!

Last edited by transplantlife; 06-15-2012 at 05:32 PM.
transplantlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #1727
Tech Addict
 
djnsayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: As you can see....My hands are full
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to djnsayne
Default

Paul,

I race blinky tc and I was wondering what color should I paint my body to be fast enough to beat Drew Ellis and Fabio.
__________________
Yes.... That WAS my EVADER that just passed you!!!
Evader BX PRO/Xray T206/ 3Racing F109
DJ Nsayne/Hitt Breaka Dj's/Sexy B Racing
djnsayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #1728
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnsayne View Post
Paul,

I race blinky tc and I was wondering what color should I paint my body to be fast enough to beat Drew Ellis and Fabio.
lol, dusted white is the fastest

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
Paul jus picked up a WC NT1 was looking for a base set-up for most tracks if you had one mostly will be running down at LESUIRES HOURS..

Thanks

Andrew
Hi Andrew, the set up for the NT1 has become pretty simple, you want to download either Ralph or my set up from 2012 Ft myers winternats, that is the base set up. from their you will want to run Blue rear and pink front springs when the track is loose, and when the track has good bite you will want to go back to the pink rear and red front as i think the set up has.

Thanks
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #1729
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 176
Default

Hello Paul, Thank you for taking the time to do this for us.
uatemycookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #1730
Tech Regular
 
Tekin Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Hey Paul, two questions for you:
When running asphualt compared to carpet for touring car, do you find a big difference with shock oil? Do you need to change oil from thick to thin for every track or is there a wt that works well for most? Thank you
__________________
Xray T4
Tekin Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #1731
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekin Prodigy View Post
Hey Paul, two questions for you:
When running asphualt compared to carpet for touring car, do you find a big difference with shock oil? Do you need to change oil from thick to thin for every track or is there a wt that works well for most? Thank you
Hi. I normally use pretty similar shock oil on carpet and asphalt. Normally for asphalt i will set the car up more aggressive because the cars tend to push a bit more. Many times I will use a very similar set up on asphalt as i would on carpet with the main change being that i will usually run the car more rear heavy on asphalt.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by uatemycookie View Post
Hello Paul, Thank you for taking the time to do this for us.
No problem
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #1732
Tech Champion
 
Kwikvdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 5,966
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub
Default Shock maintain

....
__________________
Alex Valdes

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #1733
Tech Champion
 
Kwikvdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 5,966
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub
Default Shock rebuilding......

Hey Paul, about how many times would you say you build your shocks?...... Once every other week or every week?..... More on carpet than asphalt?

Thanks!
__________________
Alex Valdes

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #1734
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvdub View Post
Hey Paul, about how many times would you say you build your shocks?...... Once every other week or every week?..... More on carpet than asphalt?

Thanks!
Hi Alex. I pretty much rebuild my shocks before every big race, then obviously again any time i change my oil. so if you want to put it on a time line maybe once a month. when rebuilding, the best way is to replace the bladder and o-ring.

Thanks
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #1735
Tech Champion
 
Kwikvdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 5,966
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub
Thumbs up

Thanks Paul!.... All the best!
__________________
Alex Valdes

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #1736
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi Alex. I pretty much rebuild my shocks before every big race, then obviously again any time i change my oil. so if you want to put it on a time line maybe once a month. when rebuilding, the best way is to replace the bladder and o-ring.

Thanks
Little question.

On the pre-worlds did you use standard piston holes in your shocks.
Or different hole diam's
Pre thanks for pre-world answere.

Ed
eded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #1737
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eded1 View Post
Little question.

On the pre-worlds did you use standard piston holes in your shocks.
Or different hole diam's
Pre thanks for pre-world answere.

Ed

Hi Ed, 3 hole 1.1. Thanks
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #1738
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 387
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default motor timing

I am running a 17.5 in blinky class 1/12 pan car. What do you recommend setting the timing on the motor itself?
mupchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #1739
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi Ed, 3 hole 1.1. Thanks
I will traying this, thanks for replay

Ed
eded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #1740
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,774
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eded1 View Post
I will traying this, thanks for replay

Ed
Std holes are 1.0, right?
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) Paul L Electric On-Road 1384 12-18-2009 08:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net