R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #1651
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toat View Post
Bump, this thread is amazing. I saw the "carpet racers" on documentary channel, never heard of this hobby before and now I'm here checking it out.
Wow, Thats awesome!
if you are thinking about getting in to racing, post where you live and someone will inform you on your closest track so you can go check it out and get a closer look.

Thanks for posting!

paul
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #1652
Tech Fanatic
 
easye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Paul Im running the 17.5 motor with the green rotor with with 3.23fdr what would be the most timing i should run on the motor.
__________________
b5m tekin r1
rc8b3 werks
rc8b3e hobbywing
leisure hours hobbies and raceway. Ez duz it customs.
Al Richards #1 fan Mr.Mellow #5 fan
easye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #1653
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easye View Post
Paul Im running the 17.5 motor with the green rotor with with 3.23fdr what would be the most timing i should run on the motor.
Hi It depends on the motor temp. with that gearing i assume that you are running on a good size track if the track is under 100ft long, i think you could be overgeared.
If you are settled on that gear i would start at only 15deg and go up on timing incrementally as long as the motor temp is ok.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #1654
Tech Fanatic
 
easye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Running at leisure hours straight is im guessing from 200ft to 225ft depending on the lay out. Or am I better of with the red rotor.
__________________
b5m tekin r1
rc8b3 werks
rc8b3e hobbywing
leisure hours hobbies and raceway. Ez duz it customs.
Al Richards #1 fan Mr.Mellow #5 fan
easye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #1655
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easye View Post
Running at leisure hours straight is im guessing from 200ft to 225ft depending on the lay out. Or am I better of with the red rotor.
Great, your gearing makes scene now with the strong rotor on that track, I think that the blue rotor could give you more speed on that track. i would test the blue rotor at a 3.4 and and the red rotor geared 3.5-3.6. i cant say for sure that it will be way better but that is what i would try if i were testing their.

Thanks
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #1656
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Hey Paul, how much do you compensate caster when using anti dive? I felt like 6dg worked with a .75mm difference (F low, R mid), aiming for the feel of the 4dg blocks.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #1657
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Hey Paul, how much do you compensate caster when using anti dive? I felt like 6dg worked with a .75mm difference (F low, R mid), aiming for the feel of the 4dg blocks.
I dont know the exact amount of caster block angle that you are left with, but as for feel goes i would say that 4deg blocks and 6deg blocks W.75mm dive have a similar feel in overall steering.

Thanks
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #1658
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Hey Paul, how much do you compensate caster when using anti dive? I felt like 6dg worked with a .75mm difference (F low, R mid), aiming for the feel of the 4dg blocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
I dont know the exact amount of caster block angle that you are left with, but as for feel goes i would say that 4deg blocks and 6deg blocks W.75mm dive have a similar feel in overall steering.

Thanks
I believe the net effect will be somewhere around 5*.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #1659
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I believe the net effect will be somewhere around 5*.
Correct, just under 5.
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #1660
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Thanks Guys
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #1661
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Paul, I know you cant let much info out, but will the people be able to look forward to a new XRAY model after the worlds this year? Also what do you think would be a good starting point for outdoor parking lot asphalt sprayed with grape soda. I've never ran there before and i want to try to get close, Thanks.
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #1662
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Paul, I know you cant let much info out, but will the people be able to look forward to a new XRAY model after the worlds this year? Also what do you think would be a good starting point for outdoor parking lot asphalt sprayed with grape soda. I've never ran there before and i want to try to get close, Thanks.
Hi Randy. Based on history you can expect a new kit sometime late summer,
I'm sure we will know more after all the big asphalt races coming up.
As for the set up, I would start with my Jackson set up from last years nationals. I think That is the last time I ran asphalt, your car was good their too.

Thanks!
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #1663
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi Randy. Based on history you can expect a new kit sometime late summer,
I'm sure we will know more after all the big asphalt races coming up.
As for the set up, I would start with my Jackson set up from last years nationals. I think That is the last time I ran asphalt, your car was good their too.

Thanks!
Paul, I put your setup on before the 3rd round of qualifying, It was still a little pushy probably because of the tires, however i qualified 6th in the A-main and after making a couple small tweaks to suit the stock class better with the setup, I managed to move into second and close in on the first place driver. Thanks for the help!
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #1664
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Paul, I put your setup on before the 3rd round of qualifying, It was still a little pushy probably because of the tires, however i qualified 6th in the A-main and after making a couple small tweaks to suit the stock class better with the setup, I managed to move into second and close in on the first place driver. Thanks for the help!
Nice! no problem
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #1665
Tech Fanatic
 
pressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bklyn NY
Posts: 916
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey Paul It was nice meeting you When are you commming back to New Rochelle 360VII? I think Donnie gonna have a indoor season opener in September.
__________________
ITS COMPLICATED......................
pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) Paul L Electric On-Road 1384 12-18-2009 08:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:08 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net