Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Paul,
Stupid question but what gauge wire do you use on your MOD touring car? Thanks, greatly appreciated!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

My gift to you PL.
Attached Thumbnails Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC-ellisrobinson.jpg  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Tekin Prodigy
Hey Paul, Chad again from Jeffs rc studio. Im running gtp 1/12 13.5 boosted and having temp problems. Im running a Tekin rs and have it setup boosted from another guys software who sets up most everyones electronics at our track in 12th scale. My rollout is between a 44-45 and my motor is coming out around 200, not the prefered 160. I dropped a few teeth on my pinion but no luck on cooler temps. I have a feeling i need to lower the timing on my esc because im running the same gears, tire size and motor as most but with a hotter temp motor after 8 min. Ceramic bearings in the rear axle, nothing broke making drag. 64 pitch. I wish i new what my timing is set at but i dont currently, i do know my boost is at 55. Any suggestions on where I should have my esc timing at, or how much to bring it down from where its at to achieve 40 degrees cooler motor temp. Thank You
Hi Chad, That's a hard call for me, i am not familiar with Tekin or 13.5 stuff. Usually as Andrew already did, some guys will chime in. these are the same guys who i would be asking if i were going to run 13.5. so i would give it a try.

Thanks

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
First use today... it actually does stink while being used, but no toolbox issues. Seals tightly, no leakage, no EVERYthing wintergreen scented like the old days.

(Goodbye Paragon, goodbye headaches)
Glad it worked for you! Thanks

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Hey Chad-

I know I'm not Paul, but I figured I might offer some suggestions until Paul checks in. Of course, posting your whole Tekin/motor timing/rollout set up (probably get better response in the Tekin thread?) would help, but I never run 55 boost in a Tekin, and I only run 50 in 17.5 boosted. I would definitely try dropping the boost to 45 in boosted 13.5 12th. Its cool to see you're using the gravity tires!
Thanks andrew

Originally Posted by haywood
I race on carpet during the summer and the car count is usually low so the traction is lower so I have to play with setup a lot. My question is I am planning to run this year at the IIC and would like to know which one of your setups I should try? Thanks
Hi i would try my 2010 carpet nats set up from timezone raceway. Bite their was high and my car was very ballanced. that could be the best carpet set up for me.
Thanks
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Paul,
Stupid question but what gauge wire do you use on your MOD touring car? Thanks, greatly appreciated!
Hi. I use 12 gauge.

My gift to you PL.
LOL, Thats not me, Thats Drew and Peter Robinson.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default T3 Setup

Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

True, I just figured you'd get a kick out of a picture of Drew before he hit puberty. Rap Snax fo' life!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Gravity RC

True, I just figured you'd get a kick out of a picture of Drew before he hit puberty. Rap Snax fo' life!
Oh lol, sorry. I thought Peter looked just enough like me in that pic that you thought so.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

haha, too funny.

Back on topic.

Do you have a product thread for Gravity in the manufacturers thread, or do you just field questions about tires, springs, sanding sticks etc here?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Gravity RC

haha, too funny.

Back on topic.

Do you have a product thread for Gravity in the manufacturers thread, or do you just field questions about tires, springs, sanding sticks etc here?
I will field questions on Gravity stuff here as i do with my other sponsors.

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Is there a website for gravity?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
I will field questions on Gravity stuff here as i do with my other sponsors.

Thanks!
Hi Paul can I use LG2 if i use tire warmer if so any tips , i race outdoor asphalt open tires and sauce , 60' temp.
Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Is there a website for gravity?
try www.teamgravityrc.com

Originally Posted by liteweight
Hi Paul can I use LG2 if i use tire warmer if so any tips , i race outdoor asphalt open tires and sauce , 60' temp.
Thanks
Same as you would with Tire Tweak. Gee should be able to help you if you have any questions this week. He started using LG2 last weekend and preferred it over what he had been running. Paul's instructions work well too. I normally do two dabs on each tire then rub that in evenly. Let it sit 15-20 minutes and you're ready.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What are you using to rub it in? Your fingers?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mera'din
What are you using to rub it in? Your fingers?
Yea. I clean them between runs with a coat of lg2 and a blue rag, then apply the 2 dabs and rub in with fingers. I also clean my hands after each application.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
try www.teamgravityrc.com

Same as you would with Tire Tweak. Gee should be able to help you if you have any questions this week. He started using LG2 last weekend and preferred it over what he had been running. Paul's instructions work well too. I normally do two dabs on each tire then rub that in evenly. Let it sit 15-20 minutes and you're ready.
Thanks Robbie look like I need to use tire warmer Saturday
Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by liteweight
Thanks Robbie look like I need to use tire warmer Saturday
You shouldn't need warmers unless you apply liberally. I didn't use warmers last week but they may have helped with how slick the track was. I think Gee is going to ask John to spray more this time tho. Hope the weather holds out for you guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.