Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brians11
I think I've seen that, isn't his favorite ingredient sausage?
Hmm, I thought it was manderin oranges.
Good luck at the 'Birds, Paul.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Paul,

In you're opinion do you think batteries are better when they are brand new first few runs or better after a few weeks of running.

I am speeking specifically about single cell lipo.

thanks

Travis
Old 01-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
I always set my steering at full throw (inside steering knuckle bairly touching the caster block), even when i use the standard drive shafts with the noise and bind, it really does not hurt you as bad as it sounds atall.
I use between 20 and 40% negitive steering expo, i also run negitive throttle expo in mod, 10to20% normally, sometimes more.

Thanks. Do you do anything different when setting up your steering linkages. I cannot seem to set my linkages up the same length so that I get even steering throw with the epas on the transmitter set the same. Currently i am running 58 right 62 left to achieve the same throw. Do you set it up so that they are the same EPA? If so can you explain. Cheers Benzaah
Old 01-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Hmm, I thought it was manderin oranges.
Good luck at the 'Birds, Paul.
Maybe Ill set up a "rip on Paul thread", LOL.

Thanks

Originally Posted by march to my own
Hi Paul,

In you're opinion do you think batteries are better when they are brand new first few runs or better after a few weeks of running.

I am speeking specifically about single cell lipo.

thanks

Travis
Hi, i use The Thunderpower 50C in my 12th car and that it is the best pack that i have run to date, at the novak race i tested the 40 and 50c's and it was a big difference to me, so I think that for amy single cell i would try the 50c.
I have noticed no drop off in performance since then. i kinda do think that a battery that has been run 10 or 20 times really performes well and maybe better than a fresh one.

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Thanks. Do you do anything different when setting up your steering linkages. I cannot seem to set my linkages up the same length so that I get even steering throw with the epas on the transmitter set the same. Currently i am running 58 right 62 left to achieve the same throw. Do you set it up so that they are the same EPA? If so can you explain. Cheers Benzaah

What you are saying spounds perfectly fine to me. If your servo is not perfectly centered your Epa's will not come out perfect, and their is no easy way to tell if your servo horn is perfectly upright, PLUS your drag link would have to be exact legnth, not to mention other front end flaws that you would never know, so if you are within 10 on your EPA's you are fine. I run the EPA's till the steering knuckle just hits the caster block, and if they are not equal i dont worry about it. if your within 4% you are just fine, 15% different from side to side is when i might second guess something with my linkage.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Paul, I have some new questions for you;

Do you ever balance your tires, nitro or electric? I thought it wasnt a big issue until I saw this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAxc4...eature=channel

Did you realized that with a same car on asphalt, you have a setup change at one track and at another track same change just effects the opposite? Did that happen to you?

Thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As this is the "ask Paul" thread... here we go.

Paul, should McSmooth race with no pants?

That thread lurks elsewhere, but I was hoping for a better ruling or a more definitive answer.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by musti72
Hi Paul, I have some new questions for you;

Do you ever balance your tires, nitro or electric? I thought it wasnt a big issue until I saw this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAxc4...eature=channel

Did you realized that with a same car on asphalt, you have a setup change at one track and at another track same change just effects the opposite? Did that happen to you?

Thanks
I seem to go through phases with balancing my tires. sometimes i get them really well balanced then after i run they are out of ballance again, but the video is compelling, makes me want to start ballancing tires again.
yes i have run in to changes sometimes having opposite results from one place to another. I feel like a change will normally have a certain effect in handling but i will never live by that because as you said it can be backwards. So for me it is just as important to understand what I dont know at a race as it is to understand what i think i know, If that makes any sense.

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
As this is the "ask Paul" thread... here we go.

Paul, should McSmooth race with no pants?

That thread lurks elsewhere, but I was hoping for a better ruling or a more definitive answer.
I for one feel like Pants are a key component in Rc racing. It would be really sad to see someone SO proud of winning the race, just to look down and be reminded so soon that they are still a loser. LOL.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I for one feel like Pants are a key component in Rc racing. It would be really sad to see someone SO proud of winning the race, just to look down and be reminded so soon that they are still a loser. LOL.
Damn...that's just wrong.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

OMG I think I just pee'd from laughing so hard at work!!!

EA
Old 01-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
OMG I think I just pee'd from laughing so hard at work!!!

EA
LMFAO, I just shot milk out my nose, thats just too funny.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Paul... say you're planning on pulling a friend through the icy Wauwatosa neighborhood streets behind your car on a snow sledding disk. What gauge rope would you recommend, assuming you weren't planning on exceeding, say, 35mph?

Also, would you recommend wearing a helmet for such an activity??
Old 01-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stogie
Hey Paul... say you're planning on pulling a friend through the icy Wauwatosa neighborhood streets behind your car on a snow sledding disk. What gauge rope would you recommend, assuming you weren't planning on exceeding, say, 35mph?

i am not paul, however he will need more info.....like distance from vehicle to disk, weight of the sled passenger, and horsepower of the tow vehicle.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
i am not paul, however he will need more info.....like distance from vehicle to disk, weight of the sled passenger, and horsepower of the tow vehicle.
I think the real question will be weather or not he should wear pants.

This is really good stuff here. Keith.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Stogie

For sure wear a helmet but i think a bungee cord would have a lot of promise as the primary method for linking the car to the disk. call me man.

STORMER: look what you have done. one post from bob can bring down a thread. LOL
Old 01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

STORMER: look what you have done. one post from bob can bring down a thread. LOL
That'll happen.

I've decided rather than ask questions looking for ideas... I'm just gonna send you my car. Fix it, send it back. Or race it, and send me the trophy for my efforts. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.