Call RC hobbies at 256.539.1347 for the rocket city ends
Old 11-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know what front axles Mike is running on his Worlds 12L4? thanks
Old 11-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Your Snow Birds set-up

Hey, i have a FT TC3, and i put your snowbirds set-up on there, it's the best set-up i have ever used, but i needs some tweaking. My track changes everyweek or 2, some times it's very tight and sometimes it's very wide, but we always have 1 part were we zig zag. My car isn't quite changing directions fast enough, i have NOT milled my chassie, and i want that to be the last thing i do. Could you give me some tips on what the Camber, toe, caster, springs, and droop do, to how my car handles. Also, i can't get the car to sit lower than like 7.5 mm in the front, how coudl i fix this? i can only take it down to 5, club rules. It also pushes through almost the whole corner.

oh, it's a grey carpet track.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Basher,
I had the same problem. Mike's set up worked pretty good for me, but I had a push problem too. To fix it, all I did was take the sway bar off of the front end. If you still push, put the sway bar on the rear of the car. That should do the trick.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ginsu; in the picture from worlds it looks as though they are PSE super stub axle not sure of the part #'s but they are steel and use an e-clip to hold them in at the steering block and a small 4-40 nut to secure the wheel. I hope this is correct.

Tracey F. waiting for Mr Blackstock like the rest of us.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry guys for not posting in a while.. Have alot of non r/c issue's going on at the moment so be patient... I will try and answer everything i can... So if i do not answer something please repost it and i will do my best...

Also trying to get my cars built for the champs... I am going to be practicing at the Gate in cleveland ..... So if you are there stop by and say hey so i can get a face with some of these names...

Mike
Old 11-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

BlackFlagRacing .. When i run stock i usually run 96 or smaller spur to be able to get the bigger pinions on... I also cut the back of the t-bar to get the motor to move as far forward as possible...
AS for tire size.. I run anywhere from 1.72 -1.68 fronts and 1.88-1.80 rears....

Nightbreed.. I run a lube in the gears and yes i would do it for the new one's aswell.. I think anytime you have gears lube is not a bad thing.

Mugen9112. For touring i run 8x2 geared about 25/100 or so ... And for 1/12th scale i run a 10x2 geared about 26/100

Adam Hartzell.. I use profile 3 with the GTX

letitroll .. All the optional parts are probably out for the car now by time you read this.. I use the stn stuff with a 2.0 rear block.. I will have a setup posted shortly for a starting point....

Graphitedust. I run my diff pretty tight everywhere.. I honestly never mess with it.. From my past experience the best feeling diff that is the tightest runs the best on the track.. I do not think a 1/12th scale diff has the same effect like a touring car diff other then it slips if to loose... I run my raked alittle towards the front , This helps with giving the car a rotation feel ... Also my pod has a very small amount of droop too it ....

rinkrat99.. I have two switch's one for the rx pack and one for the speedo , All i do is turn on the rx pack ... Might be different for diff speedo company's though

imjonah.. I just make sure the car is prepared well and nothing is stressed out or bent.. then try not to hit anything <G>

Traceyf.. I run the sevo flat on carpet and angled outdoors.. the reason is bump steer.. On carpet the bump steer helps the car get into the corner better where as is outdoors you want the car to not be so aggressive getting in...

As for the discs... i am using both teflon tape and lube (Trinity red stuff.)

Tires , JAco tires this year.. HE will have a new tire at cleveland that will be available to everyone ... I think it will be a big hit ...

.Manfredo.. I got them from BRP.. I feel like they are better then the stock one's and free up my front end alot better under a load.. I have been using them for about 3 years now ....

FREAKAH Not sure what the real name is but you can get them from www.Brpracing.com

Unregistered.. Not sure what they are... But it was a yokomo
part....

RC Scoring Pro.. I am 99% sure i will be there.....

Ginsu .. I used parma pse stub axles.. not sure what the name of them are though sorry...

Old 11-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default BlackROCK

Are you going to post your TC4 setup from the Classic the car looked awsome there...

Thanks
Old 11-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Mike,

What Chassis were you using at Worlds on your 1/12th? the pictire posted above in this thread it looks like the front body mounts ate mounted with 4-40 screws, not the kit 8-23 screws....

Greg
Old 11-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

John Q.. I think i have something alittle better.. I will post it here soon.. Still tweaking....

Greg... The 12L4 has 4-40 screws in the front now.. But this was a modified version of it from yokomo and associated...

Mike
Old 11-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default BlackROCK

BETTER!!!! It looked like it was on rails at the classic.. Cant wait to you Wheel it at Clv if it is going to be better...

Are you thinkiing about a repeat ? ?

I got my car about 80% done just waiting on a Oil Pistion setup.. I hate changing the Oil and pistions... Question I'm going to be running Mod and stock at Clv.. In the past when you ran Stock and Mod are the setups preety close ?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

John Q.. We will see about repeat.. going to be tough with all the good drivers......

As for mod and stock.. You need to turn down the steering about 20% or make a easier to drive car... I would try and get too diff setups.... to be honest..

Mike
Old 11-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

hey im new to rc cars? i have a question about the bodys for a onroad car i think everyone should know what im talking about. i just put holes in my body today and its not like my friends car how the body rest on the shock tower. is it something to do with a onroad car? It is like it needs something under the body to hold it up? agin i have no odea what im doin yet in rc. please help me
Old 11-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

MB,

Good luck at Cleveland. Lay it down on em........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.