Old 04-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Mike,

U racing on the 18th?
Old 04-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
pilmat.. I use teflon tape i got from BRP racing.. I also use Trinity Red stuff on the plates as lube...

Mike
Mike could you explain that a little more? Where do you put the tape. I just got myself a 12l3 and have never heard of putting anything in there.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mike: Life is good, the girls are great. Just got back from the Easter thing, as always, had a blast. I'll try to call this week, maybe we can figure a way to get you and "dremel boy" down this way to play.
Say hey to Vicki, and the little dude for me, hugs are good too. Always did like to hug Vicki, he he
Old 04-13-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rblove... Hey man how are things??? the 18th.. Well not sure.. Probably not . I am getting stuff ready for the pre worlds right now... So as of right now no. But i might stop by and say hey....

ctmazzo.. NEVER .. LOL

SpeediePHATT. What i do it put the teflon tape on the top and bottom of the top plate on the rear pod. Not on the disc's.. Just lay it over the hole on both the top and bottom then use a exacto knife to cut it out ...... Then i put trinity red stuff on there for lube...

KE4PJO... Great to here... I will be here all week...

Mike
Old 04-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

mike... ive seen some of the new sedans mounting the front shocks behind the shock tower.. is there an advantage to this? or is it just to be different.. thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

burbs.. Hard to say to be honest.. Since we do not do it i can't actually tell ya what it do's.. But i personally do not think it will change anything , as long as the angle of the shock is close...

Mike
Old 04-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Mike,

I am having memory loss issues here and need some help!! Man-only take three weeks off from racing and already forgot 90% of info!!!

On the TC3-in the rear-the camber links:

Raising the ball stud on the rear shock tower does what?

Raising the ball stud on the Losi rear hubs does what?

MOving from the inside hole on Losi hub to outside hole on Losi hub does what?

I promise I'll copy what you say here and put it in my set-up folder for the Tc3!!!

Thanks in advance,
Ray
p.s. Audrey rode a bicycle around the driveway on Easter!! It was cool to see!!! How is Domonic?
Old 04-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Ray...

Raising ball on rear shock tower = more roll and more grip....

Raising ball on losi rear hubs takes away roll so less traction but car reacts different to me entering corners...

Remeber the longer the link the more roll you are going to have to shorter the link the less roll.... So more roll = more traction..

Sweet on the bike.. Dominic is doing good..
Old 04-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mike-thanks!!

Now I gotta go old school on you!!

When you used to run Pro10 pan cars-what was the usual method and compounds to sauce tires for an outdoor, unsealed asphalt track. I beleive the traction additive for the track is sugar water.

Its summer in Columbus so assume 80's, sunny and probably standard Ohio humidity.

If it helps I have Paragon FXII to use. I also am pretty sure I am going t run Purple fJaco fronts and PInk Jaco rears.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 04-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

It's all about the Coppertone SPF 15..........

Jeff
Old 04-15-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Mike,

What tips would you give to someone who is just starting their racing career?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mike,

How many of the axle shims for the CVD's do you run on your TC3 (please tell on inside and outside of the knuckle too)? Also, do you run the aluminum CVD bones or Composite CVD bones for stock touring in front and rear? If you don't run the Associated CVD bones, what do you run?

I have just been basically working on gettig a really free transmission, and it is running really well, spinning long. What tips do you have for a realllllllllllllly free transmission?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
Old 04-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi Mike, just curious how you set up your motor for TC in the recent carpet nats. your car was a rocket! i assume you were running a Kr but what brushes did you use? 766s or 767s? and how much timing? any insights would be much appreciated. thanks!
Old 04-16-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

rayhuang.. Jeff Brown is right.. Coppertone 45 is a must for outdoors with foams on a sunny day.. I have used anything from regular paragon to trinity red dot.. But i must say i used paragon the most. Never have really tried fx2 out doors.......

microrcdude . The first and most imortant thing is practice, The more the better.. Then after that learn your cars. What i mean is to try different setups all the time and learn what change do's what . With doing this and the practice you will go far, Just do not get frustrated and think positive all the time... This is as much a mental sport as anything...

etzkev. The shims depend on the axle, I have used 2 or even 1 but mostly just one on the outside . I always use aluminum CVD's In mod the plastic one's i feel flex and will break where the pins go..Not sure how they would work for stock...

As for the free transmission.. Two tips.. First one is to get the newest transmission case's they have been adjusted to be perfect with no dremeling required... you might have to use two shims on the diffs now though. Then spray out all the bearing's remove one or two seals and apply a light oil to them and you are ready. Just make sure everything is free piece by piece and do not overtighten anything...

Mike
Old 04-16-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

ROBORAT..we ran 18 degree's timing with 766'd . it was a KR 10X2 one thing we did was bend the stiff springs alittle stiffer like 200 or so .....Gearing was 28/100 with a 2.25 tire....

Hope this helps

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.