Wiki Posts
Search

The Barn floor

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default The Barn floor

Has anyone delt with these people on a regular basis? I have ordered a radio and carry case from them. Seems a little sus they now ask for a scan of my credit card, drivers licence, paypal verified account and a message sent to them via ebay so they can sus out my feedback. All this just to get some gear sent to Australia.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I bought a Lipo for my Tx from them, No issues at all, perfect transaction. I wouldn't have any reservations recommending them to somebody.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadaman
Has anyone delt with these people on a regular basis? I have ordered a radio and carry case from them. Seems a little sus they now ask for a scan of my credit card, drivers licence, paypal verified account and a message sent to them via ebay so they can sus out my feedback. All this just to get some gear sent to Australia.
Geez for all that hassle it wanna be bloody cheap or atleast gold plated

when ya start gettin requests for all that personal info is wen ya cancel the order an buy from stormers or a main etc
no hassles no questions and they safe

barn floor??? Sounds dodgy may as well be called back yard bob- rip off artist

Id say steer clear as that's what I'd do
Old 12-16-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sooo sussssssss

although i recently ordered from rcmart (well 2 weeks before bathurst)and they wanted a bank statement faxed as proof of address and a pdf was not good enough till i rang HK even still the order took weeks and was not complete when it arrived with a receiver and servo missing but they insist that they sent it what can ya do
Old 12-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I'm in the states tho...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yes great service and have some of the best prices i have found
Old 12-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have dealt with them directly through their website and have not had any problems. They can also be reached via www.dirtcheaprc.com
Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

shirley you guys jest......
Old 12-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
shirley you guys jest......
yeah, do not fax them copies of anything. If they ask, cancel the order and get elsewhere. Dont ever give out your personal info guys.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
sooo sussssssss

although i recently ordered from rcmart (well 2 weeks before bathurst)and they wanted a bank statement faxed as proof of address and a pdf was not good enough till i rang HK even still the order took weeks and was not complete when it arrived with a receiver and servo missing but they insist that they sent it what can ya do
Just another reason to "Support Your Local Hobby Shop"!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Tech Champion

If you are ordering stuff from outside your own country (for example) it can be difficult if not near on impossible for the retailer in question to claim their money back if it was for example a scam on your part.

This is why r/c mart asked me for proof before on my first order with them, I have had to send them some scanned documents.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Seems like they have been hit with some fraud previously and are now taking steps to prevent it again. Still, so far they seem ok and have given me step by step updates. Phone number checks out as well as the ppl working there.

The reason I am buying from the States is the price. Some LHS are selling the DX3r radio for AU$499 and the case for AU$149. Why spend all that when the radio and case from the States is costing me AU$350 including shipping.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Warner
Just another reason to "Support Your Local Hobby Shop"!

Or another, better, less-hassle online shop. I love my local shops. I love how I can get something in my hands and into my car the same day, but if I can't find a part at the local shop, you can bet I'm going online for it.

Yeah, never give out your personal info. Sounds like a legitimate RC hobby shop, but I wonder with all the info they're collecting on their customers, are they selling those info out the back door? Essentially an identity theft ring with a legitimate RC hobby shop front?

I mean, seriously, who are these people to demand a copy of the credit card, license, and all that other stuff. What are they, the FBI?
Old 12-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dadaman
Seems like they have been hit with some fraud previously and are now taking steps to prevent it again.
It's part of the risk of doing business. It's like retail. You mark up the price of an item because of all the overheads... Including theft and fraud...

I can see them asking for credit references and checks if someone came in and ordered over $10k worth of stuff...

When I did bearing sales, the state of Illinois had so many scam artists, we couldn't tell a legitimate customer from scam artists, so we just ended up black-listing that entire state...
Old 12-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default This guy not a pro!

I happen to know that the guys that run this company are not professionals. This is their "side" business that operates out of who knows where. I would be very suspicious of any company that requires so much personal information, especially one that does not call it their full time job. It is my understanding that they operate a landscaping business, and get whatever they can from the R/C community.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.