The Barn floor

Old 12-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I wouldnt worry about the Barn Floor. It is a side buisness but they do have a hobby store and 2 tracks. 1 indoor and 1 outdoor offroad track. If they are asking for that info it's because they have been scammed by someone ordering over seas before.

Regards
Jerry Perez
Old 12-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Stay away from these guys, I ordered my dx 3.0 from them.
couple months later they have breach in their security of the
card numbers. I wasn't so pissed about that, as I was that they shipped the controller in its box by it's self and found it in the rain on my steps exposed
for about 4 hrs. It was to hard for them to box the box up. After this I just
order through the local track. Its not like the online shops care about your local track.

Dynodan22
Old 12-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok. I have personally delt with this company and the support and service is bar none. All of my transactions with them have worked flawlessly. So try give them a try ad see what you think.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadaman
Has anyone delt with these people on a regular basis? I have ordered a radio and carry case from them. Seems a little sus they now ask for a scan of my credit card, drivers licence, paypal verified account and a message sent to them via ebay so they can sus out my feedback. All this just to get some gear sent to Australia.
contact Jeff at www.speedtechrc.com - He ships to australia.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone delt with these people on a regular basis? I have ordered a radio and carry case from them. Seems a little sus they now ask for a scan of my credit card, drivers licence, paypal verified account and a message sent to them via ebay so they can sus out my feedback. All this just to get some gear sent to Australia.
Hi Dadaman, We do thank you very much for your cooperation with us while verifying your account. Your order has been shipped on the 21st and you should be receiving it very soon. Your account with us is verified for future orders as well, so there will be no delay in the shipment of your orders.

Originally Posted by trerc
I bought a Lipo for my Tx from them, No issues at all, perfect transaction. I wouldn't have any reservations recommending them to somebody.
Thank you very much trerc. This is how we do our advertising! Low prices and word of mouth recommendations.

Originally Posted by paraletic
Geez for all that hassle it wanna be bloody cheap or atleast gold plated
when ya start gettin requests for all that personal info is wen ya cancel the order an buy from stormers or a main etc
no hassles no questions and they safe
barn floor??? Sounds dodgy may as well be called back yard bob- rip off artist
Id say steer clear as that's what I'd do
Lol @ back yard bob- rip off artist :-) We totally understand that this information is private and sensitive. For domestic orders, we are able to confirm the billing address with the credit card issuer. This ensures that we are selling to and shipping to the card holder. For international orders, this address check is not possible with the issuer so additional forms of verification are taken. If we can confirm that the customer has possession of the card and that his billing statement reflects the shipping address, we have no issues charging and shipping the order.

Originally Posted by tc3team
If you are ordering stuff from outside your own country (for example) it can be difficult if not near on impossible for the retailer in question to claim their money back if it was for example a scam on your part.
This is why r/c mart asked me for proof before on my first order with them, I have had to send them some scanned documents.
As you can see, this is a common practice for international orders. We get so many scam orders every day, we cannot afford to just charge and ship them all. We would never be able to cover that loss and make it.

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Yeah, never give out your personal info. Sounds like a legitimate RC hobby shop, but I wonder with all the info they're collecting on their customers, are they selling those info out the back door? Essentially an identity theft ring with a legitimate RC hobby shop front?

I mean, seriously, who are these people to demand a copy of the credit card, license, and all that other stuff. What are they, the FBI?
The information we request is temporarily stored on our secured server. Once the information is reviewed and approved, it is discarded permanently. We already have the customer's credit card information which they entered during checkout. Asking them for a scan of their card only proves to us that they have possession of it. It does not give us any more information than we already have on file for them. And we ABSOLUTELY DO NOT reveal sell or trade any sensitive customer information to any third party. We are a legitimate and honest business and plan on continuing business into the future on the premise of fair pricing, great customer service, and of course honest dealing.

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
It's part of the risk of doing business. It's like retail. You mark up the price of an item because of all the overheads... Including theft and fraud...
I can see them asking for credit references and checks if someone came in and ordered over $10k worth of stuff...
We still get hit with fraud even though we try to prevent it with our current measures. But we get hit with a lot less. And this allows us to stay in business. Even with Dadaman's $350 order. If we were to get a chargeback for that it would certainly hurt us. No, its not a $10,000 order, but it is still a loss of product that we have to cover. If we just charged and shipped to everyone that ordered with us, we would not be in business....

Originally Posted by FastAsYouCan
I happen to know that the guys that run this company are not professionals. This is their "side" business that operates out of who knows where. I would be very suspicious of any company that requires so much personal information, especially one that does not call it their full time job. It is my understanding that they operate a landscaping business, and get whatever they can from the R/C community.
Lol! First, you dont even belong here. I don't know exactly who you are but I have a pretty good idea. This forum thread is to help a person decide whether or not to trust a company that he has not dealt with before by asking the advice of others who have. You have had no dealings with us. Your attempt at bashing us is not appreciated by us or anyone here. Secondly, we run our business out of our office/warehouse. We are a family owned business. Yes, my father does own a landscaping business which he has run for the past 40+ years. It is his full time job and he has made a very good name and reputation for himself in his field by providing excellent service and fair prices to his customers. He is an honest and loving, God fearing man who has nothing but good things to say about people. Being his son, I operate this business on the same premises. This is a full time job and we do not "take" from the RC community. We give. We give time, effort, care, advice, friendship and much more every weekend to our local racers at our track. Our goal is not to make money off of people. It is to enjoy the sport of RC with good friends. We are very much unlike you, who feel the need to backstab and bash. But to each their own. Moving on... :-)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
I wouldnt worry about the Barn Floor. It is a side buisness but they do have a hobby store and 2 tracks. 1 indoor and 1 outdoor offroad track. If they are asking for that info it's because they have been scammed by someone ordering over seas before.
This is exactly the case. Thank you Jerry. We cannot afford overseas scams, plain and simple. There is no underhanded scheme going on with us. We are fully fledged into the RC industry. We have owned a professional style track since 1993. We have many large events throughout the year and enjoy the company of many good racers in the tri-state area and beyond. This is not our side job, this is our lives. Every week we open the doors up to racers only to make enough money to pay for the heat and electric. We literally do not make any profit at our local track. It actually costs us money out of our own personal pockets to keep the place going. But we do have really great times there.....

Originally Posted by dynodan22
Stay away from these guys, I ordered my dx 3.0 from them. couple months later they have breach in their security of the
card numbers. I wasn't so pissed about that, as I was that they shipped the controller in its box by it's self and found it in the rain on my steps exposed
for about 4 hrs. It was to hard for them to box the box up. After this I just
order through the local track. Its not like the online shops care about your local track. Dynodan22
Dynodan - We do very much apologize for this. Our host had a server breach and we have since switched to a more reliable host that guarantees security. This was a few years back and we have made full account with our customers for this. About the package being exposed, we are fully responsible for that. One of our employees a few years ago wasn't so bright. When we didnt have the correct size box for a product, he would ship some of them in their retail packaging. We fired him on the spot when we discovered this. So we do accept responsibility for that and we do greatly apologize that your shipment was affected by that situation.

Originally Posted by Hebiki
contact Jeff at speedtechrc - He ships to australia.
We absolutely ship to Australia and to many other countries. We also ship to APO and FPO at discounted shipping prices to help honor those serving us.

------------------------------

Thank you for those who took the time to read this. If you have any questions about us, please feel free to reply to this thread or contact us directly.

-Christopher Sytsma
DirtCheapRC.com
TheBarnFloor.com
[email protected]
845-725-7715
Old 12-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

You see, this is what I was talking about.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I spent over a thousand dollars this year with Chris and NEVER had a problem with numerous transactions that we had. His prices are awesome and he goes out of his way to make sure you get what you want and at a fair price. I recommend them to everyone. These guys are top notch.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Got the radio today. Very happy with the service. I could not have packed the box better myself. All items came in brand new, not scratched or damaged. I will be buying off them again in the future.

Adam.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Got the radio today. Very happy with the service. I could not have packed the box better myself. All items came in brand new, not scratched or damaged. I will be buying off them again in the future.

Adam.
more of these and the barn floor is going to take off
Old 02-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The barn floor rules. They have everything cheaper than everyone else. Bought twice now from them and it has been flawless. A better selection of bearings is the only thing they are missing.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FastAsYouCan
I happen to know that the guys that run this company are not professionals. This is their "side" business that operates out of who knows where. I would be very suspicious of any company that requires so much personal information, especially one that does not call it their full time job. It is my understanding that they operate a landscaping business, and get whatever they can from the R/C community.
this thing needs ignoring,1st post is to bash a business,get outa here
Old 02-08-2014, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dirtcheaprc
Hi Dadaman, We do thank you very much for your cooperation with us while verifying your account. Your order has been shipped on the 21st and you should be receiving it very soon. Your account with us is verified for future orders as well, so there will be no delay in the shipment of your orders.

Thank you very much trerc. This is how we do our advertising! Low prices and word of mouth recommendations.

Lol @ back yard bob- rip off artist :-) We totally understand that this information is private and sensitive. For domestic orders, we are able to confirm the billing address with the credit card issuer. This ensures that we are selling to and shipping to the card holder. For international orders, this address check is not possible with the issuer so additional forms of verification are taken. If we can confirm that the customer has possession of the card and that his billing statement reflects the shipping address, we have no issues charging and shipping the order.

As you can see, this is a common practice for international orders. We get so many scam orders every day, we cannot afford to just charge and ship them all. We would never be able to cover that loss and make it.

The information we request is temporarily stored on our secured server. Once the information is reviewed and approved, it is discarded permanently. We already have the customer's credit card information which they entered during checkout. Asking them for a scan of their card only proves to us that they have possession of it. It does not give us any more information than we already have on file for them. And we ABSOLUTELY DO NOT reveal sell or trade any sensitive customer information to any third party. We are a legitimate and honest business and plan on continuing business into the future on the premise of fair pricing, great customer service, and of course honest dealing.

We still get hit with fraud even though we try to prevent it with our current measures. But we get hit with a lot less. And this allows us to stay in business. Even with Dadaman's $350 order. If we were to get a chargeback for that it would certainly hurt us. No, its not a $10,000 order, but it is still a loss of product that we have to cover. If we just charged and shipped to everyone that ordered with us, we would not be in business....

Lol! First, you dont even belong here. I don't know exactly who you are but I have a pretty good idea. This forum thread is to help a person decide whether or not to trust a company that he has not dealt with before by asking the advice of others who have. You have had no dealings with us. Your attempt at bashing us is not appreciated by us or anyone here. Secondly, we run our business out of our office/warehouse. We are a family owned business. Yes, my father does own a landscaping business which he has run for the past 40+ years. It is his full time job and he has made a very good name and reputation for himself in his field by providing excellent service and fair prices to his customers. He is an honest and loving, God fearing man who has nothing but good things to say about people. Being his son, I operate this business on the same premises. This is a full time job and we do not "take" from the RC community. We give. We give time, effort, care, advice, friendship and much more every weekend to our local racers at our track. Our goal is not to make money off of people. It is to enjoy the sport of RC with good friends. We are very much unlike you, who feel the need to backstab and bash. But to each their own. Moving on... :-)

This is exactly the case. Thank you Jerry. We cannot afford overseas scams, plain and simple. There is no underhanded scheme going on with us. We are fully fledged into the RC industry. We have owned a professional style track since 1993. We have many large events throughout the year and enjoy the company of many good racers in the tri-state area and beyond. This is not our side job, this is our lives. Every week we open the doors up to racers only to make enough money to pay for the heat and electric. We literally do not make any profit at our local track. It actually costs us money out of our own personal pockets to keep the place going. But we do have really great times there.....

Dynodan - We do very much apologize for this. Our host had a server breach and we have since switched to a more reliable host that guarantees security. This was a few years back and we have made full account with our customers for this. About the package being exposed, we are fully responsible for that. One of our employees a few years ago wasn't so bright. When we didnt have the correct size box for a product, he would ship some of them in their retail packaging. We fired him on the spot when we discovered this. So we do accept responsibility for that and we do greatly apologize that your shipment was affected by that situation.

We absolutely ship to Australia and to many other countries. We also ship to APO and FPO at discounted shipping prices to help honor those serving us.

Thank you for those who took the time to read this. If you have any questions about us, please feel free to reply to this thread or contact us directly.

-Christopher Sytsma
DirtCheapRC.com
TheBarnFloor.com
[email protected]
845-725-7715
well said,i think you set things straight,all businesses have hiccups from time to time,its how you deal with them that counts
Old 02-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brodenburg
The barn floor rules. They have everything cheaper than everyone else. Bought twice now from them and it has been flawless. A better selection of bearings is the only thing they are missing.
Originally Posted by chasingthepack
this thing needs ignoring,1st post is to bash a business,get outa here
Originally Posted by chasingthepack
well said,i think you set things straight,all businesses have hiccups from time to time,its how you deal with them that counts
Thank you very much for the support guys!! We appreciate it!

-Chris
Old 02-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i appreciate reading this on here. just did a search for the rc4 hybrid transponder and you have great prices. i may be ordering 2 of them very soon.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

I do all my international ordering through Paypal with a verified address with Paypal...haven't been asked for this kind of information yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.