Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the best car for carpet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Whats the best car for carpet?

OK, lets take a poll on what make car is allways on the top at the end of the day? I don't mean which pro driver showed up, but what car's are allways in the lead at your local track with local (not factory) drivers in stock 17.5-13.5 rubber tire classes?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

corally phi and photon
Old 12-12-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

XRAY at my track, chosen by 9 out of 10 drivers there.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jackster
XRAY at my track, chosen by 9 out of 10 drivers there.
Same here.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

There may be then a strong bias effect as people are much more likely to take the easy path rathr than work on a left-field car nobody know anything about. I have had very good results with my Kawada Sigma2 against a field of mainly Tamiya and Xrays and still see no reason to change my car.

Pertaining to the subject, at our club people have shifted from a Tamiya dominated field a year ago to an Xray dominated field this year. No later than a couple of weeks ago a couple of people who joined half way through last year with some crappy cars in the netry class have upgraded to Xrays only because they saw (almost) everybody else running them.

There is another factor at play and that is the easy access to spares, service and backup which will determine what cars people run. In Europe for instance I don't imagine you will see any Losi cars and I doubt they have seen more than a handful of AE cars.

Does this make a car better than another?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by niznai
There may be then a strong bias effect as people are much more likely to take the easy path rathr than work on a left-field car nobody know anything about. I have had very good results with my Kawada Sigma2 against a field of mainly Tamiya and Xrays and still see no reason to change my car.

Pertaining to the subject, at our club people have shifted from a Tamiya dominated field a year ago to an Xray dominated field this year. No later than a couple of weeks ago a couple of people who joined half way through last year with some crappy cars in the netry class have upgraded to Xrays only because they saw (almost) everybody else running them.

There is another factor at play and that is the easy access to spares, service and backup which will determine what cars people run. In Europe for instance I don't imagine you will see any Losi cars and I doubt they have seen more than a handful of AE cars.

Does this make a car better than another?

Your spot on! AE whas big in europe 5 years back, but the change in distributers sadly cooled everything down, the off-road guys have kept it going, but in 4wd tamiya is going strong forward.

Back to touring cars, at the last race 5 out of 8 cars in the 17.5 lipo class a-main was Photon's, but in the pit it is Tamiya and Xray that dominates, for now
Old 12-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Xray and Corally
Old 12-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Whatever car you can setup and drive.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyK
Whatever car you can setup and drive.

So true
Old 12-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

i use a trf415nsxx on a standard chassis, but on foams indoors on carpet.

So, its not the most ideal car for foams, but it still does relatively well - when it gets consistant laptimes behind it
Old 12-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

The issue is also, what does your local track support for parts? My track has next to no parts for my TB-03. Everyone runs Xray because that is what he mainly stocks parts for.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I am the only one at my track running the car I have now so there is no parts support, I love the car outdoors but can't get a feel for it on carpet. I have tried and others here have tried and can't get it. X-Ray is the most used car here but I'm just not into the $$ and car of the month issue of x-Ray so that's why I am curious as to what cars seem to be the easiest to set up and drive fast?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc
I am the only one at my track running the car I have now so there is no parts support, I love the car outdoors but can't get a feel for it on carpet. I have tried and others here have tried and can't get it. X-Ray is the most used car here but I'm just not into the $$ and car of the month issue of x-Ray so that's why I am curious as to what cars seem to be the easiest to set up and drive fast?
Dont be fooled by the cost of X-Ray. You get what you pay for. Last year I only broke acouple of "blades". The X-Ray is strong enough that I switched my 6 year old from a TC4 (which was constantly broken) to a T2, and he only brakes 1 steering knuckle a month now. The cars are pretty tuff.

Also, you dont need the flavor of the month, our consistantly fastest driver uses an Xray T2 from 2006. I consistantly put my older Xray in the pack of 2008s and 2009s.

Shawn.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Xray T2 '007, 008, 009.

The T3 is still new and has a chassis damage issue from the new 1-piece suspension holders, and while we have someone at our track with one that wins regularly, I wouldn't recommend one at this time.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

our track tc5 is at the front with a couple t3's not far back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.