R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Good Tools for Touring Onroad (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/349813-good-tools-touring-onroad.html)

Cain 12-07-2009 10:19 AM

Good Tools for Touring Onroad

I am starting to get back into this with VTA, and I am curious what are some of the tools I should look into picking up?

I got a droop gauge and Ride height gauge, I am thinking of the following items:

- Setup board
- Setup station
- Tweak station

Anyone got recommendations on these? Also, if there are some that are also good for other classes (like 1/10 offroad) please recommend too.

Thanks!

SweepRacingUSA 12-07-2009 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 6688215)
I am starting to get back into this with VTA, and I am curious what are some of the tools I should look into picking up?

I got a droop gauge and Ride height gauge, I am thinking of the following items:

- Setup board
- Setup station
- Tweak station

Anyone got recommendations on these? Also, if there are some that are also good for other classes (like 1/10 offroad) please recommend too.

Thanks!

you will need all of the avobe, for which brand...get the originals dont surpport any copycats.

Hudy and MIP

Jackster 12-07-2009 10:49 AM

Why should there be monopolies in the setup board community? I have the integy pro and it works just fine, for a fraction of the Hudy price.

lowcel 12-07-2009 10:56 AM

Get a nice set of hex drivers and nut drivers as well as some nice turnbuckle wrenches. A camber gauge is also very helpful. The setup station will do camber but a hand held guage is much easier and quicker to use at the track.

Cain 12-07-2009 11:01 AM

Thanks for the info.

I went ahead and picked up a MIP Tweak station.

I also have the following already from what I use in offroad:

- Mugen Style Camber Gauge
- RPM Toe In Gauge
- Team Magic Droop and Ride Height Gauge with Blocks

So who has a setup board that is reasonably priced, maybe even one that would work all the way up to 1/8 scale?

SweepRacingUSA 12-07-2009 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jackster (Post 6688327)
Why should there be monopolies in the setup board community? I have the integy pro and it works just fine, for a fraction of the Hudy price.

yes you may save $$ but if so convinience just copy someones Idea (stealing IMO) and make quick bucks keep continueing who want to sepnd there effort to create new things?? the Hudy was originator of set up board and they do alot for this hobby to grow, they should get paid for what they doing.

for Integy....I dont remeber they sponsor any drivers or events. most of their stff is OEM or copy.

SweepRacingUSA 12-07-2009 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 6688392)
Thanks for the info.

I went ahead and picked up a MIP Tweak station.

I also have the following already from what I use in offroad:

- Mugen Style Camber Gauge
- RPM Toe In Gauge
- Team Magic Droop and Ride Height Gauge with Blocks

So who has a setup board that is reasonably priced, maybe even one that would work all the way up to 1/8 scale?

simple camber gauge is good to have around but RPM toe in gauge is not precision enough for Sedan racing.

not many ppl measure droop with blocks nomore. just do droop over riding height by measure Riding height, list a shocktower with tires holding on the borad then measure again, deduct first measure from second measure you get your droop. once you get used to it you can do it very quick.

I dont know if any one makes setup station to cover all scales...

PitNamedGordie 12-07-2009 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by da_John_wee (Post 6688402)
yes you may save $$ but if so convinience just copy someones Idea (stealing IMO) and make quick bucks keep continueing who want to sepnd there effort to create new things?? the Hudy was originator of set up board and they do alot for this hobby to grow, they should get paid for what they doing.

for Integy....I dont remeber they sponsor any drivers or events. most of their stff is OEM or copy.

:weird:

If you use that logic then we should only be driving one car, one radio, one esc?

Anyways, Integy makes a good setup board/station combo for a decent price.

Cain 12-07-2009 01:01 PM

Anyone got a link to the cheapest place they have found the board and setup station combo?

beyondthepack 12-07-2009 01:06 PM

yeh as much as Integy has some nice stuff, I've spent the extra on Hudy. The ends are made out of spring steel and never round off, and rarely if ever break. Honestly look at your car, you'll probable only need 3-4 drivers, and 4 Hudy drivers will cost you around $30 give er take for the Pro-fi tools, by far your best bet. IMO

SweepRacingUSA 12-07-2009 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie (Post 6688779)
:weird:

If you use that logic then we should only be driving one car, one radio, one esc?

Anyways, Integy makes a good setup board/station combo for a decent price.

I don't know which part of my repy said that, what I 'm saying is drive a genuine tamiya 416 not an exact copy that some chinese company made for 1/2 price same for a Xray copy car, to me that s what Integy and most other aftermarket company did on setup board, took an short cut for quick $$.

thats not lets drive 1 car 1 ESC or 1TX.

Dane 12-07-2009 04:55 PM

Don't forget digital calipers

Riketsu 12-07-2009 05:03 PM

I am selling this tool set for $120 shipped in the US.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...etsu/TOOLS.jpg