Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan >

Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan

Like Tree11Likes

Veteran Tamiya TA02 fan

Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

some more of my TA chassis cars.

The guy that had this before me decided he'd paint the rear side windows blue,why? I don't know lol

Old 05-30-2010, 04:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Post ta02 for $40!

Thats right, I bought it got $40 at a garage sale alone with a T3 Team associated...Anyone looking to help a newbie out? i have three radios and things arent working to well.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Still love theTA02 Chassis

My first RC was the TA01 FWD Tom's Levin and liked it. But when the TA02 4WD Chassis came out, I just HAD to have it. I've pretty much retired the TA01 and have had the TA02 for over 10+ years and it still runs like a champ. It was the Blitz Supra that did it. Added a few Hop Up parts and Kose Aluminum suspension parts, some of which have cracked over time and some abuse .

Does anyone know where I can get Kose replacement suspension/steering parts? Specifically for the front Steering hub parts. Or others that will fit?
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

I still say the most fun class I ever raced was the TA02 Stadium Trucks. BY FAR the most fun! I still have it!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ta 02 plastic tub to frp chassis conversion

This thread seems pretty recent. I need help finding parts to convert a ta02 plastic tub to frp chassis. So far ive only been able to find what seems to be the entire kit: TAMIYA 53166 4WD TA02 & FWD FRP CHASSIS SET.
Dont want to purchase the kit as I already have the upper and lower decks (tam#53195). The kits ive seen on ebay are pretty rare and out of my price range as well. Posted picks to hopefully show all parts that are missing. Does anyone have a list of part numbers and retailers that may have parts in stock? Has anyone done this conversion using parts and spacers from other tamiya cars? Willing to try whatever works to do a decent conversion.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
ta02_001.bmp (175.8 KB, 1285 views)
ta02_002.bmp (175.8 KB, 625 views)
ta02_003.bmp (175.8 KB, 942 views)
Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

I realize that most of the recent posts have been so-far-unanswered questions, so I thought one more won't hurt;

I'm in the process of refurb'ing my old TA02SW chassis, with the intend on running it at the local track.
but unfortunately, I long lost the Taisan Porsche body to go with it, don't ask me how...

are there any other, more easily available bodies to suit the TA02SW chassis? it's a 237mm wheelbase...
I only know of the WRC Corolla and the Peugot 206 WRC, both for the TA03F-S, and neither really suit a SW chassis

alternatively, is there anyway I can mod the chassis/ wheelbase so I can fit a body with 251 wb? e.g. the tamiya porsche 911 GT3 '07 VIP, since it may also fit the wide rear of the TA02SW
Old 10-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

what mods would i need to do to convert my ta02 into a rally spec? longer shocks? universals?

thanks
Old 12-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I think I have a TA02 with the Thunder Tiger conversion kit but I cant upload pictures. Can I send them to someone to upload so you can tell me more about this car?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tamiya TA03 Ball Differential TAM53267 ??

Anyone know if the main parts included in the Tamiya TA03 Ball Differential TAM53267 will work in a TA01/02?
There are more available and less $$.

Manta Ray TAM53070 will work from What I read.

thx!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Two (soon 3) TA01/02 Siblings

Wanted to break into rally with my two oldest kids.
Sorry I cannot post pics yet

Rig 1:
Modified Chassis - no one seem sto know what it is yet
Novak Goat 3s with a 17.5t turning a 20t pinion
Alum motor mount
Ball dif rear, gear front
Hitec 645MG (waterproofed)
Alum Arms Fr and Rr
Alum C's and knuckles
Sway bar rear
Carbon Fiber towers
Steel universals Fr and Rr
Foam Bumpers Fr and Rr
Fenders by me
Also run a vinyl debris cover
No name Block tires

Rig 2:
Pretty much stock.
LRP Ai Runner (waterproofed) with a 19T(?) brushed turning a 17t pinion
Alum motor mount
Hitec 225BB (waterproofed)
Fenders by me (earlier edition)
Vinyl debris cover
Tamiya rally blocks

Rig 3: - in the works

Last edited by sweli; 01-17-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Shafts, arms, knuckles - what fits

I have read a lot of threads that compare TA01/TA02/DF01/CC01, etc.

Got a deal on a couple sets of Yeah Racing CVD shafts.
I cannot post pic URLs or links.
They are Yeah Racing (#TA01-015BK) Universal Steel F/R Swing Shaft For TA01/TA02, on RCmart.

Pin to pin the shafts are 44.5mm.
What Arm and knuckle combination do I need to work with these??

Right now my front arms are 28mm chassis pin center to 'C' pin center.
Red knuckles that I believe are TA01?

I read a couple forum pages that stated DF01 arms fit a TA01/2.
So I just picked up a used set of DF01 arms that are 35mm pin to pin.

RCmart shows Yeah alum arms on their site, but no dimensions and they are out of stock.

Any other ideas?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leroifittipalde
This thread seems pretty recent. I need help finding parts to convert a ta02 plastic tub to frp chassis. So far ive only been able to find what seems to be the entire kit: TAMIYA 53166 4WD TA02 & FWD FRP CHASSIS SET.
Dont want to purchase the kit as I already have the upper and lower decks (tam#53195). The kits ive seen on ebay are pretty rare and out of my price range as well. Posted picks to hopefully show all parts that are missing. Does anyone have a list of part numbers and retailers that may have parts in stock? Has anyone done this conversion using parts and spacers from other tamiya cars? Willing to try whatever works to do a decent conversion.
No can do. The plastic parts you need are specific to the conversion kit and were never sold separately.

Originally Posted by nufnsus
I realize that most of the recent posts have been so-far-unanswered questions, so I thought one more won't hurt;

I'm in the process of refurb'ing my old TA02SW chassis, with the intend on running it at the local track.
but unfortunately, I long lost the Taisan Porsche body to go with it, don't ask me how...

are there any other, more easily available bodies to suit the TA02SW chassis? it's a 237mm wheelbase...
I only know of the WRC Corolla and the Peugot 206 WRC, both for the TA03F-S, and neither really suit a SW chassis

alternatively, is there anyway I can mod the chassis/ wheelbase so I can fit a body with 251 wb? e.g. the tamiya porsche 911 GT3 '07 VIP, since it may also fit the wide rear of the TA02SW
Yes, the PIAA porsche bodyshell. Ha. Just kidding. They're just as unobtainable as the Taisan bodies (or just wait until Tamiya re-re-re-releases them).

Back to your question, if you change the rear suspension arms you can achieve any desired wheelbase. There is a number of options there. Fronts only look different, they are the same. Rears however are different. That is how Tamiya did it.

Originally Posted by kneedeeppow
what mods would i need to do to convert my ta02 into a rally spec? longer shocks? universals?

thanks
The TA02 was sold in a lot of kits as a rally chassis. If you have one of these, you needn't modify anything. More suspension travel than stock will have your dogbones pop out.

Originally Posted by sweli
Anyone know if the main parts included in the Tamiya TA03 Ball Differential TAM53267 will work in a TA01/02?
There are more available and less $$.

Manta Ray TAM53070 will work from What I read.

thx!
Yes, all of those incarnations of the Tamiya diff ball work in the TA02.

Originally Posted by BBIROC
I think I have a TA02 with the Thunder Tiger conversion kit but I cant upload pictures. Can I send them to someone to upload so you can tell me more about this car?
Just read the thread. You don't need to upload pictures for that.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sweli
Wanted to break into rally with my two oldest kids.
Sorry I cannot post pics yet

Rig 1:
Modified Chassis - no one seem sto know what it is yet
Novak Goat 3s with a 17.5t turning a 20t pinion
Alum motor mount
Hitec 645MG (waterproofed)
Alum Arms Fr and Rr
Alum C's and knuckles
Sway bar rear
Carbon Fiber towers
Steel universals Fr and Rr
Foam Bumpers Fr and Rr
Fenders by me
Also run a vinyl debris cover
No name Block tires

Rig 2:
Pretty much stock.
LRP Ai Runner (waterproofed) with a 19T(?) brushed turning a 17t pinion
Alum motor mount
Hitec 225BB (waterproofed)
Fenders by me (earlier edition)
Vinyl debris cover
Tamiya rally blocks

Rig 3: - in the works

Woo hoo, get to add pics...............

So, anyone recognize this chassis on #1?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 AM
Tech Initiate

#2 got the first set of fenders. Not show worthy, but very functional.

#1 got the second set, which came out cleaner.
Sculpted to fit under the BMW body, but enclose as much area as possible.

and with my home brewed tonneau cover, keeps the drifts out
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

HPI

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.