Wiki Posts
Search

New losi TC rummors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default New losi TC rummors?

I'm glad to hear that Losi will be developing a new car and I wondered if anyone has any details? In case your wondering I was right about the TC5. lol

What design features would you guys want to see?

I would like a similar design to the BD5 and 416X. A single post free floating steering rack with ackerman adjustment like Xray, covered diffs, external adjustment diffs, long upper deck, sleek vertical screwed motor mount, horizontal mounted servo, two belt design that's can be flipped, lipo ready. Of course, Losi's great JRX-S shocks, ball links, super efficient belts and high tech looking gun metal hard coated parts. Take a breath. lol
Old 11-30-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCknight
I'm glad to hear that Losi will be developing a new car and I wondered if anyone has any details? In case your wondering I was right about the TC5. lol
Who's dreamt that up?

Losi find more money in off-road and RTRs to care about racing touring cars.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll 2nd that! I would hate to see losi move away from the fantstic design they have now to "just another TC". It is more likely that you will see a conversion kit from FlyingFoxRC long before Losi bring out anything new. From what I understand the genius behind the development of the JRX-S and the type R has long since moved on.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Well...

Originally Posted by academygaz
Who's dreamt that up?

Losi find more money in off-road and RTRs to care about racing touring cars.

That's what I heard. The source was good. Maybe Losi can capitalize on the T3 issues. I'm sure Losi understands that making a product can create new demand. Who here would try a new Losi two belted TC? If the design is solid, I know I'll buy one.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's what I heard. The source was good. Maybe Losi can capitalize on the T3 issues. I'm sure Losi understands that making a product can create new demand. Who here would try a new Losi two belted TC? If the design is solid, I know I'll buy one.
If it was a revision of the JRX-S then most likely, but not if they changed it to the current trend. It really needs an improved rear diff design that has a bearing on the diff pulley and is better sealed. They also need to move the weight around a little to better suit lipo and the old HPI pro3 layout would be choice for this.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default It may be...

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I'll 2nd that! I would hate to see losi move away from the fantstic design they have now to "just another TC". It is more likely that you will see a conversion kit from FlyingFoxRC long before Losi bring out anything new. From what I understand the genius behind the development of the JRX-S and the type R has long since moved on.
As much as I look at the creative wonder with the JRX-S, it seems a little weak and complicated for the average club guy. Has the design proven itself? I don't think it has shown any major advantages over current designs. In theory it's sound, but what has it really done? Besides no ones buying it. I think it's too radical for the majority, and it's been done before with the Pro3. The current designs are proven, tough, easy to setup and have chassis room for electronics.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

As much as I look at creative wonder with the JRX-S, it seems a little weak and complicated for the average club guy. Has the design proven itself? I don't think it has shown any major advantages over current designs. In theory it's sound, but what has it really done? Besides no ones buying it. I think it's too radical for the majority, and it's been done before with the Pro3. The current designs are proven, tough, easy to setup and have chassis room for electronics.
The current design won a lot of races when Fairtrace was running it.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

If this is true... it'll be a downright shock to me and I'm sure Larry as well.

We both ran for Losi for quite a while after they pulled real factory support. It just got to a point where there was no moving forward and no testing. I don't know about you, but when things get stale, you want something new. When we both notified Losi of our pending departure, there was no mention of... "hey guys, we're going to do something new, hang in there!" kind of thing. You'd think they'd say something like that. That and Hodge would actually be racing touring car instead of offroad.

Either way... if Losi is going to do something new... I'd really like to seem them upstage the Type R. It's still a great car and was ahead of it's time when it was released.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

I would be very interested if they just updated the chassis they have with longer arms, perhaps with the suspension holders inboard the bulkheads. That would be enough (and no small task I would say).
Old 11-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I guess I'm the kind of guy this thread is aimed at. Would I buy a new Losi design? Probably not. I'm a huge supporter of the old XXXS and I've thought seriously about a JRXS ..but... between the problems i've read about and more importantly the apparent lack of commitment and support of Losi...I think I'll pass. There are some good cars out there but I now buy VALUE. That means I look at the whole package. The TM E4 is a good example. Nice car, effective design but who's the brainchild that decided to provide a pre built car with a joke for a manual. Not smart. Losi wouldnt likely have that problem but there are great companies with more traditional but completely capable designs that have great support. And my guess is that with that support...they too will get more innovative.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

As much as I look at the creative wonder with the JRX-S, it seems a little weak and complicated for the average club guy. Has the design proven itself? I don't think it has shown any major advantages over current designs. In theory it's sound, but what has it really done? Besides no ones buying it. I think it's too radical for the majority, and it's been done before with the Pro3. The current designs are proven, tough, easy to setup and have chassis room for electronics.
Weak and complicated? No. No.
Proven itself? Between just my three local hotshoes (Schreff, Fairtrace, Haynes), what big race haven't they won with that car? They've won them all IIRC.
Major advantages? How about it turns-in better with any and all setups. It's nearly impossible to get the balancing wrong. The F/R balance can actually be changed without buying an option chassis. With a few springs and castor blocks, you have all the parts needed to get setup, without any special foam or rubber specific parts. I could go on....
No ones buying it? My local track is about 1/4 Losi, and the 17.5 A-main here was 40% Losi (our biggest class BTW).
Done before? The devil is in the details. Losi got the design far more developed than HPI, as the proof is in the results. Vegas, 'birds, etc.
Current designs.....have nowhere to shift the weight of the electronics, some aren't nearly as tough or proven, and here's my favorite.....current designs tweak when pounded into a wall whereas the Losi doesn't.

I would rather continue buying inexpensive parts, racing a car that works everywhere with one chassis plate, and doesn't tweak like nearly every other car on the market. In my opinion, the Type-R is THE sportsman touring car for those reasons alone.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think Losi done very well with the JRXS R design. One thing I really respect about Losi is they set there self aside from the pack. They rethink the standard of design and then set the bar for everyone else. Just like they done for offroad.
It is important to understand that Just like any other company. Losi is building cars/trucks to make money. There true backing is offroad and will always be. Maybe they should put more effort into the onroad but they know the true numbers and from what I can tell. The money is in the dirt for them. I also read what Hodge said in a round about way. The JRXS R is a winning car. They feel it is as good or just as good as any car on the market.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

The JRXS/JRXS-R hasn't been popular anywhere outside of the USA.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well from what I read on the race results across the pond. Not many guys run the Losi buggy either.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Losi? What Losi?

Being a losi fan boy since I was six, it herts me to see them
like this. I have since moved on to companys that actualy care about the racers.

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.