Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC / Advanced Electronics Black Diamond Speedo - Ban due to cost?? >

CRC / Advanced Electronics Black Diamond Speedo - Ban due to cost??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC / Advanced Electronics Black Diamond Speedo - Ban due to cost??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I remember back in the day that all the factory drivers had the best motors. Now they have the best Speedo. Some things never change.

I think it is great that CRC is stepping up the bar. I run the CRC XL and a Tekin ESC and think they are the bomb. I am sure Tekin or some other speedo brand will have something equal very soon.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
I remember back in the day that all the factory drivers had the best motors. Now they have the best Speedo. Some things never change.
The BD is available to everyone now. You don't have to be a super-duper factory driver to get one. You just gotta be rich! Well, and have a track/race that allows them.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
That's one of dozens of meaningful races. v199 was out for a long time to team drivers prior to vegas. Heck my track's Rubber TC class gets 3X the entries that the Champs got. It might be more meaningful to me than some of these "big" races.

We can agree to disagree. But I think prototype firmware not available to the public used in any race is worse than what the BD is doing.

Just my .02.
Like i said these were the reasons for doing and if anyone has a question feel free to call me.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
The BD is available to everyone now. You don't have to be a super-duper factory driver to get one. You just gotta be rich! Well, and have a track/race that allows them.
Find one all the ones that were available were at cleveland
Old 11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dski
I believe the mamba makes a difference in stock 2S offroad.
Yes, I've heard is super smooth and the boost feature works great. BUT! it's widely available (RC Monster has them in stock now) and they are CHEAP $125-130.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
Yep, or new softer and/or two stage tires that no one else could get, or prototype parts/whole cars that were superior, etc. No, it never changes.

And Cuffs is my hero too, as long as he doesn't start saying brushed motor days were better. :P
Old 11-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

I read this hole thread and have somehow missed the description as to what exactly this Speed Controler does that makes it so fast?

IMO - If it is just variable timing as the speed/load changes then I think it should be legal.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i've already banned it from my box based on price
Old 11-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Are you going to ban the new speedos from Novak, LRP and anyone else that bought the same processor designs? They all now have the technology and are working on it to keep up. The only thing that I saw wrong was they were not at the hobby shops in advance. I have seen in the past new speedos come out before big events and only the RARE few to have it. I have a Tekin and was not privy to the firmware upgrades that others had. But I didn't call for a ban on it because I couldn't have it. I made it up other ways, like setup.

Last edited by rc_jeff09; 11-30-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by munrath
I heard that it fixes your setup issues as well, so I'm getting one.. LOL j/k
not true. I got a black diamond at the Champs and yet I still managed to screw up my chassis setup and to perform badly. On the bright side, I did use the black diamond to run down Cuffs on the straightaway a few times. So the weekend did still have its fun moments. Come to think of it, maybe that's why the new speedo is now banned at Horsham. Perhaps chumps like me are just not supposed to be able to pass former national champions anywhere on the track. If ever that happens, then the chump must be cheating. LOL
Old 11-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default ESC

Should I buy one for my M03 mini? Or will it just wear my body posts quicker?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default crc

If this has been a publicity stunt to sell these things CRC has nailed it. They should sell shit loads after this.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
not true. I got a black diamond at the Champs and yet I still managed to screw up my chassis setup and to perform badly. On the bright side, I did use the black diamond to run down Cuffs on the straightaway a few times. So the weekend did still have its fun moments. Come to think of it, maybe that's why the new speedo is now banned at Horsham. Perhaps chumps like me are just not supposed to be able to pass former national champions anywhere on the track. If ever that happens, then the chump must be cheating. LOL
+1 ... Perry I know you cheat, don't worry I won't tell anyone... lol hahahahah JOKING

Are you coming out Wed night. Several of us will be their. I'd like to see this speedo in action. I'm sure you will be able to race it at the track.

Last edited by munrath; 11-30-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nrtv20
I read this hole thread and have somehow missed the description as to what exactly this Speed Controler does that makes it so fast?
+1
Old 11-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Ash
If this has been a publicity stunt to sell these things CRC has nailed it. They should sell shit loads after this.
I'm quite surprised I haven't been contacted yet about my free speed control!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.