Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Quantum2 or GT7 - Help !! quick

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
I own 2 GT7's and both perform and operate flawlessly. I wouls definately recomend you keep yours. Novak has excellent customer service as well. If someone is frying alot of equipment and a large number of others are using it without any problems I would consider the problem to be the user not the tool. Anything will break if you abuse it enough.
Well put Speedy!
I've been using Novak stuff for more then 10 years and still have to fry the first one. Maintain your gear the way you should do and you'll have no problems.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

The best kind of customer service is the kind you don't have to use.

And if you really want to talk about great customer service, I bought a second hand GM V12xc that I got wet and fried at an offroad race. Sent that in to Horizon service to get fixed. Sent back a brand new one GM SX12 free of charge. Now that's service.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Both are good units. I personally do not run Novak stuff anymore becuase I have never had any luck with any of their products...ESC's, Receiver's or chargers. But I will say this they have the best customer service in the business.

I have had extremely good luck with LPR stuff...cannot say why LRP works for me and the Novak's didn't.

The fastest guy at my track use LRP. They are good units and extremely fast. Also, all Novak team drivers are using a prototype Novak ESC...they will have a new unit out soon.

I would go with an LRP, Keyence, or GM. The GM might be a little tricky to program however.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:12 PM

does anybody know who manufactures the Hara twister esc thanks
Old 03-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Keyence make the best esc's imo...
Old 03-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Quantum or Keyence Either Are Great ESC i Personnally Like Quantum never had a prob
Old 03-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you all for your input

In summary, many of you reported faulty GT7s for whatever reason, but great support from Novak. LRP seems to be stable and also a very good esc, but I'd hate to find out that LRP/Associated has a poor customer service when the thing breaks.

Verdict: Its the LRP Q2, its newer, the GT7 is older with Novak drivers using a new prototype. I've used Nosram for a long while with no problems, so seeing as LRP and Nosram is one company, the LRP Q2 wins as my choice. I guess the GT7 will be on its way back as soon as it lands here in South Africa. Lemme go and place that order..........

Thanks
Old 03-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Punkynutt
Thank you all for your input

In summary, many of you reported faulty GT7s for whatever reason, but great support from Novak. LRP seems to be stable and also a very good esc, but I'd hate to find out that LRP/Associated has a poor customer service when the thing breaks.

Verdict: Its the LRP Q2, its newer, the GT7 is older with Novak drivers using a new prototype. I've used Nosram for a long while with no problems, so seeing as LRP and Nosram is one company, the LRP Q2 wins as my choice. I guess the GT7 will be on its way back as soon as it lands here in South Africa. Lemme go and place that order..........

Thanks
Jeez, you make it sound like it's the most important decision you've ever made.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Jeez, you make it sound like it's the most important decision you've ever made.
Well considering that RC stuff costs roughly 6 times more for us than for you guys, that it takes roughly 6 to 8 weeks for a turn-around on a faulty product, I'd say its kinda important to get the opinion of the international community on these matters.

Also, we tend to stick to a product/company/brand for very loooong before we change. So, if we buy, it betta work, and work well.

thanks man
Old 03-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

You should not be scared at all about the cancer thing...It's all because of california. Ever read some of those stickers: This product contains substances known to the state of California to cause cancer.....So does that mean the rest of the world doesn't know that certain substances cause cancer? Thanks for informing us california...haha, but seriously, either of those speed controls woudl be great.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Punkynutt
Well considering that RC stuff costs roughly 6 times more for us than for you guys, that it takes roughly 6 to 8 weeks for a turn-around on a faulty product, I'd say its kinda important to get the opinion of the international community on these matters.

Also, we tend to stick to a product/company/brand for very loooong before we change. So, if we buy, it betta work, and work well.

thanks man
So you pay about 900 dollars for a novak gt7 speed control? I find that hard to believe.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by J FAST
does anybody know who manufactures the Hara twister esc thanks
KO Propo
Old 03-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Ovalman19
You should not be scared at all about the cancer thing...It's all because of california. Ever read some of those stickers: This product contains substances known to the state of California to cause cancer.....So does that mean the rest of the world doesn't know that certain substances cause cancer? Thanks for informing us california...haha, but seriously, either of those speed controls woudl be great.
You'd think that warning would also be on everything you eat and drink too...
Old 03-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
So you pay about 900 dollars for a novak gt7 speed control? I find that hard to believe.
Read my reply carefully, I said RC STUFF, not GT7.

Specifically, a GT7 costs R2300 here, roughly $350, that is 2.5 times what one would pay in the US, for example.

So, I used RC Stuff as a general term, we've found that on average, we pay in the region of 6 time more

If its so hard to beleive, come over and see for yourself
Happy now ?