Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question to racers about lap traffic

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Lap Truck

It also helps if the folks running the track will park a guy for rough driving. It happens to once and at the front you ll think twice for being a jerk.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
I race bedworth and stafford now and then.. but I guess when expierence comes from karting...

I only do rc because I can no longer afford karting .. still.. brought my kartin racing attitude with me...

Look forward to being in your heat some day
I used to own and race a kart as well, but clearly our driving would be, err.....different

As for ever being in the same heat, only if you step up and actually race against a competitive field at a proper big RC event
Old 11-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Hey Nick are just trolling through the threads just to stir things up?
I hope that's a rhetorical question, because it's pretty clear that he is.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Old 11-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Originally Posted by M-Technic
I think we got it.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Come on people, stay on topic. Lets not have this thread closed because of one troll.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think a great majority of us can drive cleanly but there is NO real encouragement to clean racing ... We are all competitive and want to win, I understand that... but when was the last time you finished a race and the announcer called your name out as the "Cleanest driver" ? I always here who the winner is...

Also every so often in a drivers meetings I will hear something like " We will have stop and goes in this corner" ect... I can't remember the last time I actually saw an announcer enforce that rule... maybe tracks are too afraid of loosing a customer with a weak ego...

Something needs to encourage clean driving at club races... I'm not sure what it is... ???
Old 11-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lightfoot
I think a great majority of us can drive cleanly but there is NO real encouragement to clean racing ... We are all competitive and want to win, I understand that... but when was the last time you finished a race and the announcer called your name out as the "Cleanest driver" ? I always here who the winner is...

Also every so often in a drivers meetings I will hear something like " We will have stop and goes in this corner" ect... I can't remember the last time I actually saw an announcer enforce that rule... maybe tracks are too afraid of loosing a customer with a weak ego...

Something needs to encourage clean driving at club races... I'm not sure what it is... ???
Sad but true. I thought about instituting a surprise prize for the cleanest driver of the year on my own money when I was battling the lack of sportsmanship at our club but I never did it. On the other hand, if you don't appreciate clean driving enough to try to exercise it I am not sure a prize would make a difference.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think a problem with enforcing a black flag rule is that you only have the one person that is watching and announcing the race. They can't possibly watch the entire field for hack driving. You would need 3-4 "official" people around the track to truely make that an effective tool.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Regional Moderator

How many people practice "driving etiquette" if they cause the person they are passing (for position) to crash? I want to make a clean pass, and if I caused the person I'm passing to crash, I wait for them, let them back in front, and then it's game on again. If the only way for you to pass someone is to peel them, then you don't deserve the spot, regardless if you are faster. However, if you are passing someone, and they crash on their own with no contact at all from you, that's a good pass in my book and I keep going.

It really bugs me when a person gives up the spot freely (usually lapped traffic that you are obviously much faster than), then T-bones you at the next turn.

The driver doing the passing also needs to pick the correct time to pass. For example, attempting to pass in the middle of a "S" isn't the best place to pass, especially on a tight track. The slower car might swing wide after the first part of the turn, but then that places them on the inside line for the next part of the turn. If they would just wait a little, the slower car could swing wide leaving the "S" and the pass could be made cleanly.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Sad but true. I thought about instituting a surprise prize for the cleanest driver of the year on my own money when I was battling the lack of sportsmanship at our club but I never did it. On the other hand, if you don't appreciate clean driving enough to try to exercise it I am not sure a prize would make a difference.
I know for a while some clubs here in Australia and also at some state titles they had a "Best and Fairest" Award...

Not sure if it was worth it but I think it would be like when I won a "People's Choice" Award at a car show with a 1:1 car I built... its unusually satisfying
Old 11-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by TonyK
What I found upsetting was we were trading positions at times then we would come to a corner and if I was ahead they would just crash into me. It wasn't a tap it was a hard I decided not to slow down crash. I am not an expert but I try my hardest not to hit people. The two causing me the most problems have been racing for years. It was upsetting to me because the car was really hooked yesterday and I for the most part running the same lap times as the
1st and 2nd place cars. In the mains I had held off the 1st car place from lapping me for the last minute of the race. Its not to often that I can say that
Originally Posted by tfrahm
Although it is a "gray area", and hard to say without being there and seeing the race -- it sure sounds like you were blocking the leader... It is normally just common courtesy to let the leaders go -- if they are lapping you, and you block for a full minute, almost any one will punt you eventually. remember they are in a battle for the WIN -- I understand the moral victory of not getting lapped, but the reality is they ARE a full lap ahead of you and blocking them is inappropriate...

sounds like he is "basically" guilty of the same thing he's accusing others of.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

And like I said before. I was pulling the same lap times as the leader. He was a couple of car lengths back and not pressuring me at all. (How many of you get off line to let the car pass when there is no pressure)? If he wanted to pass I would have let him. I was racing my race he was racing his. When the cars were behind me they were crashing into me not me crashing into them. I didn't crash into the leader and the leader didn't crash into me. So please explain how I was "basically" guilty of doing the same thing as I was accusing others of?

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
sounds like he is "basically" guilty of the same thing he's accusing others of.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

im glad at my track we all respect each other, give each other room, and have FUN, theirs always next week.
If I come up on a car I ask the driver when he wants me to pass or to give me room. Usally he just says im going high on the next corner pass me there.
I always try not to take out a car when passing i feel horible after knowing I won because I sook someone out infront of me + that probbally ruined the guy running behind me in 2nd.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

a couple of car lengths sounds like pressuring to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.