Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity's new T-Spec Sedan Program

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default .

No thanks.. I have seen spec classes come and spec classes go.. I will keep my money for that and buy some more battery's or motors . The only one I see profiting from this is TRINITY
Old 02-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I agree everyone wants the money, I just dont like when you are held to only get items from one supplier. Right now you can buy any car and put anyones batteries and motors in it. That is all I am saying.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by DerekB
News flash 100% of the companies are "in it to make money" aren't we all in life since that's what seperates the haves from the have-nots?

You don't have to like the car, but lets stop with the stupid " they just want money" crap. We all do.
Remember DB, 90% of the people on this forum are little kids that know nothing about how the real world works.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How is this any different from the Tamiya TCS series???

Why isn't there people out there blasting that series....just because Trinity is doing something now its bad just because they have the name Trinity. Trinity is no different then any other company they are in business to make money bottom line....what other company out there isn't?
Old 02-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fastasu2
I agree everyone wants the money, I just dont like when you are held to only get items from one supplier. Right now you can buy any car and put anyones batteries and motors in it. That is all I am saying.

This isn't some comunist take over. Trinity is offering a car (which in reality all the companies offer a car that can be deemed "spec") to race with that eleminates a advantage from having money. The concept is good for those who continually complain that money is the reason why they lose. So when a company tries to do a spec-class (Trinity offered this in the past with pan cars) and eliminate that everybody switches to " I want something different" or "I'll just buy more batteries". The idea is simple. It's not a rule, in fact it's up to all tracks to decide if they want a spec class (which could bbe nothing more than a tire/body that everybody must run) and the level of "spec" they adhere too.

So please stop the complaining about the car or Trinity trying to make money. If I could you'd all be buying my car/batteries/clothes/food. But since we all have a choice what, where, and when we want to race it's time to call off the MIB. It's JUST A CAR LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!

Last edited by DerekB; 02-26-2004 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

In my experience with Spec classes, money is more of an issue than in open stock or mod.

With stick batteries and closed motors, you just buy a LOT of them to find the best. Stick batteries can't be discharged properly, so they go bad quickly. You end up getting a few good runs and then they go downhill quickly. With closed motors, you can't perform necessary maintenance very easily. When brushes wear out, you have to replace the whole motor.

Our local track has a GREAT spec type class. It only works on oval, but it is big time fun and CHEAP!!! We have a breakout class. You can't go any faster than a 5 second lap. Any lap faster than 5.0 doesn't count. It's pretty easy to get most cars running a 5 second lap. At this speed, the cars handle great and are very forgiving. You aren't driving on the edge. And, you can run any type of car you want... a pan on-road car, oval car, touring car, trucks, mini coopers.... anything!!

This also eliminates the need to tech a car. You can run anything you want, just don't go too fast. We have everything from 4-cell with a Traxxas Stinger motor to a 6-cells and 19 turn mods. It places a lot of importance on driving a clean and consistent line.

It also seems to be one of the only classes where you hear most of the drivers laughing on the stand as we taunt each other!

We are trying to find a way to adapt this to a road course, but that is a bit more difficult to accomplish with this. If we ever find a way, it will be a blast.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

HeY hEy

it sorta looks like an AE to me
Old 02-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So what do you all think? Good or bad?
That was the first question. That invites good comments and bad. Dont take it personal! You like it you stated why you like it. I dont, stated why. I think we agree to disagree.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OMG,Trinity is adopting this car???
1.This car is made in China.Whats with Trinity?Taiwanese G4,now Chinese electric tourer.makes me feel like a proud Chinese!
2.It has a Yokomo Custom upper deck+V1S suspensions+Smartech chassis.
3.The motor mount is fixed.cannot change the gear ratio as yet.
internal ratio is 2.8
4.It can be had for about $100 bucks around here..it'll be interesting how much it's gonna sell after the Trinity rebadge
5.I believe it is still closer to toy quality rather than hobby quality.

OEM site
Old 02-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

guys guys guys wuts all the fuss here this is the TL-01 way of getting people into touring cars is there anything wrong with that i remember bustin allot parts and money starting with a high end touring car when i could have had this on a playing field i could enjoy and not spend all my time in the pits trying to out run the next guy people buying thse kits aren't brain kinwalds or barry bakers there young kids wanting to look like the fast competition but have fun doing so so my 2 cents says it may not be a big success but it will be a large step in getting younger drivers on the stands at half the price and if u r a barry baker or a brian kinwald think about not buying one cuz if you gotta race a beginer spec class and beat up on beginers and kids ur not too much of a r/c racing in my mind
Old 02-25-2004, 06:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I use to run the LAst Trinity spec type racing a few years ago. I spent as much money on that as running normal stock. We would go thru a ton of packs and motors to get good ones. If you race it people will always try to go fast and it normally means buying alot of motors and batteries, even in spec racing.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastasu2
Another way for Trinity to make money. You would only be able to get spec items from them. How many people remember the spec series for pan cars? I knew people that would buy several spec batteries and motors, cycle the batteries for the good ones sell off the others, same with motors dyno a bunch, keep good ones sell rest.
Last time I checked, any company or business' sole purpose is to bring in revenue.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
I use to run the LAst Trinity spec type racing a few years ago. I spent as much money on that as running normal stock. We would go thru a ton of packs and motors to get good ones. If you race it people will always try to go fast and it normally means buying alot of motors and batteries, even in spec racing.
I remember some of that when I was back in N.J. The "spec" class guys were the ones with 2 turbo 30's, a turbo dyno, their own race trailer to pit out of, and a bajillion battery packs and motors to go through to get the good ones. It really was pretty funny when you think about it. Those spec guys were the most serious and diehard racers that I've ever seen
Old 02-25-2004, 07:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Matt you have it right. I know everyone that would go to a Spec race when trinity had them like at Trains and Lanes had at least 1 T-30 or more. Hell I had two of them.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kevin K
How is this any different from the Tamiya TCS series???
You won't have to spend thousands of dollars on Tamiya only hop-ups that still are not half as good as some of the other aftermarket stuff.

I wouldn't race it but I could see where people would want to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.