Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo price difference. is it OK?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default Lipo price difference. is it OK?

I recently talked to a guy bout different prices for the same lipo packs which are from different countries, like the example below
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=6246
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXWV2&P=7
RCmarket has even newer version (you can tell from P/N) and higher C rate, but the price is nearly half. I also saw some people sell their USED IP 3800 35C for 80 bucks and its sold. Didn't they know the new one from HK is only $55? I know if you know how to buy packs from China, the price will be even lower. What makes the difference on pricing? Something really different inside? poorer ones stay in China and better ones will be rebrand or not rebrand but with warranty and sell in North America? American retailer is more trustable? What do you think?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 05forfun
I recently talked to a guy bout different prices for the same lipo packs which are from different countries, like the example below
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=6246
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXWV2&P=7
RCmarket has even newer version (you can tell from P/N) and higher C rate, but the price is nearly half. I also saw some people sell their USED IP 3800 35C for 80 bucks and its sold. Didn't they know the new one from HK is only $55? I know if you know how to buy packs from China, the price will be even lower. What makes the difference on pricing? Something really different inside? poorer ones stay in China and better ones will be rebrand or not rebrand but with warranty and sell in North America? American retailer is more trustable? What do you think?

All of the above, plus the fact that some countries like HK don't have taxes, so prices are going to be lower always. Serious internet shops offer the same warranty you would have in any country if bought locally. Dealing with the web shop however is another story.

About buying second hand there's always a risk as well as a bonus factor. I am talking about the certainty that if the battery did not explode yet means that it is probably a good battery. Problem is you don't know if it had a hard life or not.

Last edited by niznai; 11-11-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I recently bought the same battery from an American based online shop for $84.75. I would imagine the price difference could be caused by a couple of things. One place is selling for a profit, while the other place is selling almost for cost.

Also, I've seen people who claim to be distributers sale products to the general public. Distributers would be able to sale the item for cheaper comparied to the retailer.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The price at tower was like the introductory price a long time ago. You can get that battery for $85 at nexus racing.. which is basically the same price as the HK retailer when you factor in shipping costs.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

What makes the rcmarket battery even more of a deal is that it is a 40c battery whereas the Tower battery isonly a 30 c battery.
Bob