Wiki Posts
Search

which onroad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default which onroad?

ive been debating about which onroad car i should get
i've been racing offroad but wanna try onroad to get the consistancy im thinking pro 4 or the new xray
help me please
Old 02-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Both are competitive cars and I'm not gonna say which you should get but I will say that the xray is one tough car. No comment on the pro4 as I've never seen one run at my track. Choose a car where you will have local parts support and what is appealing to you.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Like webspinner said... see what you local Hobby Shop carries parts for. If they have a good selection for more than one car, check to see what most people are running at your local track. If you get the same car, you will have more people to talk to when you need setup help.

Losi XXXs and Associated TC3 are both very popular in my area.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

I would see what most of the people at your local track are using.

Personally, I have owned an Xray in the past and feel it is an incredible car. Once the new factory team version is available, I will be purchasing it. Should be a great car.

If you want a shaft driven car, I would go with the Associated or the Yokomo. It seems like people are already having bad diff. problems with the Pro-4. Check the Pro-4 thread in this forum for more info.
The nice thing about the Pro 4 is that parts support should be very good.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

To be honest you really can't go wrong with any of the top cars, whether it be Tamiya, HPI, Yokomo, Associated, etc. All are refined cars that are in winners circles around the world. As webspinner said, parts support is usually the decision maker for many people.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

But I'll put in my plug for Tamiya.
The TB Evo 3 has performed well and the TRF415 will be a very good car too. (I get my two today.... )
Old 02-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by koabich
It seems like people are already having bad diff. problems with the Pro-4. Check the Pro-4 thread in this forum for more info.
The only "diff problems" people seem to have is that some guys want to get a front ball diff for carpet racing (it comes with a one-way)and nobody has spares hanging on the hooks at the local hobby stores yet.

Still waiting for my local store to get a kit...
Old 02-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

If u want to get a good but expensive car(just a kit) then wait for the pro4. It's lik a r/c race car already, all u need to i just buy the parts. Or if u want to get something good, durable, popular, and easy, try gettin the Team Associated TC3.