Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
schumacher mi3.5 front cvd's >

schumacher mi3.5 front cvd's

schumacher mi3.5 front cvd's

Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default schumacher mi3.5 front cvd's

I am just not happy with the quality of the front cvd's that schumacher sells for the mi3.5. They just do not hold up well and I am looking for other options. Does anyone have any?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrickie
I am just not happy with the quality of the front cvd's that schumacher sells for the mi3.5. They just do not hold up well and I am looking for other options. Does anyone have any?
I only had problems with the original mi3 cvd's the mi3.5 cvd's were alot better. The only other option is to call Schumacher and get the newest cvd's from the MI4
Old 11-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrickie
they are one of only a few cars that use a 7mm ball size in the outdrives. xray is one other. if you want, you can use the xray ones (spring steel) provided that you ream out the pincushion (or mill out the outdrive slot to 3/3.5mm) to 2mm for the larger pin that xray bones use. you'll need the whole bone/joint/axle/hex assembly.

personally, i've been really happy with the schumacher bones/axles. their latest offering is pretty stout as far as aluminum goes, and they are now using spring steel axles as well. spools and one-ways do a job on the front end of any car, so i can't imagine being too happy with anyone's parts up there.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

thanks for the suggestions I will call schumacher and go from there
Old 11-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You could try Titanium Racing cvd's. I have them for my Cyclone and they are well made.