Now on RED RC two:
Having brought you photos of the new AMBrc transponder a month ago, the Dutch company have released the complete information on the new RC4 Hybrid Transponder and new communication protocol under the MyLaps name. Because the new MyLaps RC4 Timing System will not be available at all clubs and tracks at once, the MyLaps RC4 Hybrid Transponder has been released to make life easier for everyone. It works on the new MyLaps RC4 Timing System, so you are well prepared but is also 100% backwards compatible, working on all current Mylaps RC2 and RC3 Timing Systems.
RC4 Transponder features:
- Half the size and half the weight of the RC2 Transponder
- Comes with a separate holder, so you can easily switch transponder between cars and boats
- Better quality cable (PTFE) that is racing fuel resistant
- Low voltage operability: 2.8-16 Volt compatible
- 1-4 cell LiPo compatible
- It will be your parent transponder and it comes with Car ID 0 (zero), the default Car ID. You can add child transponders, with Car ID 1, 2, 3, etc. (available soon)
- Any MYLAPS RC4 transponder can always be replaced by a new one that inherits the same Transponder ID and Car ID
- CE approved
Transponder benefits when used in combination with the new Mylaps RC4 Timing System:
- More data measured (temperature, voltage, Car ID, as listed in the communication protocol)
- Double hit rates detection, resulting in even more accurate results
The MyLaps RC4 platform is based upon an entirely new communication protocol for sending over data from your transponder to the timing system installed at the track. The current MyLaps RC3 (previously AMBrc) protocol only allows a transponder to send over your unique transponder ID. With the new RC4 protocol, a transponder is able to send over much more:
- Temperature: the ambient temperature of the transponder
- Voltage: the supply voltage of the transponder
- Car ID: the Car ID allows you to use multiple transponders that share the same unique Transponder ID, but are tagged with different Car IDs. More information will follow soon.
- We will continue to add more relevant data, which you can use for analysis and to improve your performance
Source: MyLaps [mylaps.com]
Min is in the house two and will be tested sunday
I Know why the shipping is so expensive. I Tried to Stamp it down, and the box could hold my whole weight....