R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-26-2004, 11:47 AM   #76
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

pretty much right martin we race out doors here in florida with rubber tires mainly even on carpet because our series has a spec tire takeoff cs-27's the team guys do well with thier corralys on the big tracks.
on the tight stuff to do okay, this year they outlawed the oneway so you have to run a spool or diff, the corally guys didnt come to the first race because they were out of town i think, but we are going to a very tight track near their headquarters so i am sure they will be there. lets see how they do i will keep you guys posted!
march 13-14 are the dates!
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:05 PM   #77
Tech Regular

hmm... In finland we raced at a small(140m long) asphalt track that was very tight, and not very grippy, and the fastest guy was Simo Ahoniemi... His competitiors was Teemu Leino, Andreas and Joel Myrberg, Juho Levanen and more, so the Corally did alright there... This was in practice though, he messed up during the race... I think more people should look at their setups though, 'cause Sakke and Simo are some of the most professional drivers I know...
Martin Sørlie, 1985, R/C since 1995.
TLR - Spektrum
MartinSorlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:57 PM   #78
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I've run foams on my C4(outdoor and indoor) since I got it. Almost nobody runs rubber in md except for TCS. I've said my bit, believe whatever you want.

CypressMidWest - If you ever get to run at "the track" in MD, pm me and I'll let you try my C4 out. You may be surprised.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 12:31 AM   #79
Tech Master

Hi friends. greetings from Malta.

Thanks firstly to those who PM'd me about the Corally subject.

I agree that the main difference between Euro racing and racing in the US appears to be the question of tyres. In Europe there is a stronger tendancy towards rubber tyres, whereas in the States you still seem to prefer to run on foams. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Martin S is right about European cars being designed and built around rubber tyres. Perhaps that's why it's a bit more laborious trying to make them run competitively on foams in the states.

Someone mentioned the question of numbers on Corally cells. I can confirm that the Pro Team cells Constant sells to the public are comparable to those used by his works drivers, and I don't think there are many battery suppliers that do that.

In England last August we pitted with Andy Griffiths. We had discussed this earlier and agreed that as we both ran Corally motors and cells we could exchange info, which we did.

We compared cells and ours were at least as good as his, in terms of numbers. Nice to know that we are given first class equipment. But then I don't expect any different from Corally.

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 01:09 AM   #80
Tech Adept

I have been thinking as I read the posts, that the title of this thread is a little missleading. It seems not so much that people dislike Corally, as the cars do not work for them, either because of the type of track/tyres, or because the cars do not suit their own particular driving/set up style. It must be hard to please all of the people all of the time. It seems to me hard to dislike something you don't have, unless you are jealous.

The parts supply problem is the classic, "which came first the chicken or the egg" scenerio. It would take a very brave store to commit a lot of money to spares, before having sufficient cars running locally to create a market. On the other side people won't buy the cars until the parts are available. I am lucky in that we have an importer who brought in less than a handfull of cars (Assassins), but has sufficient spares to back them up. The price of spares can be explained simply by lower production quantities, hence less economys of scale.

I am really pleased with my Assassin and race as often as I can. Outdoor small piddley asphalt tracks, and bad weather are not a good mix. We seem to be moving more to rubber tyres here and I have no complaints with them, work great for our conditions / tracks, probably slightly more expensive but you don't need a tyre truer?, and all the extra work that goes with that.

Just a few more random thoughts

Pedro 51 is offline   Reply With Quote