Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Heres another one>>>>>>>>> >

Heres another one>>>>>>>>>

Heres another one>>>>>>>>>

Old 10-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Heres another one>>>>>>>>>

Same car diffrent question, trying to figure out if the car has a front oneway diff..... Ill hold both back tires and try to to turn the fronts, they wont turn.......Im assuming oneways "freewheel nomatter what,true/false??

also the rear diff actually looks like a normal diff but in front looks like all ya got is a drive sprocket attached to the 2 outdrives, so am wondering if it is a oneway?

Last edited by drive2survive; 10-31-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That would be a spool in front. It is completely locked and won't turn at all. A one-way will allow the front tires to spin forward independently of the rears (brakes only engage the rear tires, power drives all 4).
Old 10-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drive2survive
Same car diffrent question, trying to figure out if the car has a front oneway diff..... Ill hold both back tires and try to to turn the fronts, they wont turn.......Im assuming oneways "freewheel nomatter what,true/false??

also the rear diff actually looks like a normal diff but in front looks like all ya got is a drive sprocket attached to the 2 diff joints, so am wondering if it is a oneway?
That'll be a spool / solid axle you have there... a one-way will have a unit with outdrives that mean the wheels can only spin in one direction, as you rightly summise

HiH
Ed
Old 10-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
That'll be a spool / solid axle you have there... a one-way will have a unit with outdrives that mean the wheels can only spin in one direction, as you rightly summise

HiH
Ed
we could be mistaken and sorry I dont have a pic....when I turn one wheel up front, other one turns the oppisite way, so maybe its not a solid axle? thier are also 2 outdrives on each side with bones ofcourse...so what I got here is a belt drive sprocket attached to 2 outdrives..if I try to turn the front tires the oppisite direction of each other they wont turn...now whatdoya think?

Last edited by drive2survive; 10-31-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Could it be the multi-diff?
Old 10-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

if they spin the opposite of each other its a diff, the milti diff is a locked oneway,oneway and spool

what car is it on
Old 10-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drive2survive

when I turn one wheel up front, other one turns the oppisite way,

if I try to turn the front tires the oppisite direction of each other they wont turn...now whatdoya think?

We think your explanation doesn't make sense.

Correct the two statements above so they don't contradict each other and perhaps we will be able to help.

The rest of your description is pretty much universally valid so that doesn't help either.

By the way, have you asked the seller of the car?
Old 10-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Hold the rears, and frt wheel doesn't turn either way, Frt has a spool. With a spool is like a straight axle, either way you turn the rears, the frts will follow.

Turn rear wheel on forward direction, Frts will turn in the same direction, Stop the rear wheel from turning, frt wheel stop turning in the foward direction, But frt wheels Freewheels backwards, You have One-way frt end. Electric RC you will loose frt end braking with one-way clutch.