Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Vector X12 StockSpec and SXX stockspec

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default diffs between spx and sxx stock

Originally Posted by burito
I had mentioned in the other thread about release date for SXX StockSpec: http://www.rctech.net/forum/6526945-post810.html

Obviously it is december now... but as I mentioned in my previous reply, there may be small delays due to component shortages!
As it looks right now we start shipping SXX StockSpec to distributors and shops in mid/late January.
Hi Reto, which would be the main differences between spx stock spec and sxx stock spec? Tnx for your reply,Paolo
Old 12-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions??

Originally Posted by bazspencer
Hi Reto, which would be the main differences between spx stock spec and sxx stock spec? Tnx for your reply,Paolo
+1

I would also like to know, what are the improvements over the SPX?

I have an SPX and have been very impressed with it running 13.5

Cheers!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ran my new X12 13.5 today and wow, it's a rocket! FDR 6.0 in my TC5 and it was great.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bfong13
Ran my new X12 13.5 today and wow, it's a rocket! FDR 6.0 in my TC5 and it was great.
what size track? rubber tire?
Old 12-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

ran mine today also. track was 80x60 carpet.. 7.3 fdr in 09 corally.. motor was fast but i just dont like the amount of drag brake this motor has. really made the car uneasy to drive. it reminded me of a 27turn brushed motor. i had to add role to this motor so the rear would stay behind the front end without looping around. switched back to my duo and no problems at all with looping around..... love the motor just does not fit my style of driving... in a couple weeks i will try it again to see if i can get a feel for it. if i cant looks like i will get rid of it.... jeremy
Old 12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LOW ET
what size track? rubber tire?
Rubber tire. I'm not exactly sure how big the track is but it's on an old outdoor hockey rink that was converted into an RC track for 1/10 and 1/12.

This is the track that I run on and you kind of see it in the picture.

http://www.villageraceway.com/

Here's a video of the track as well. Ignore the annoying music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqjnxoUUQLs
Old 12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bfong13

What speedo and profile?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jer7469
ran mine today also. track was 80x60 carpet.. 7.3 fdr in 09 corally.. motor was fast but i just dont like the amount of drag brake this motor has. really made the car uneasy to drive. it reminded me of a 27turn brushed motor. i had to add role to this motor so the rear would stay behind the front end without looping around. switched back to my duo and no problems at all with looping around..... love the motor just does not fit my style of driving... in a couple weeks i will try it again to see if i can get a feel for it. if i cant looks like i will get rid of it.... jeremy
Yes, ran one yesterday and it has lots of drag....... It didn't like the way it felt at first, but did adapt.

13.5, spx-profile 6, 00 timing, 6.2 overall.

It is for sure a diffrent feel and gearing than the x-11
Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
What speedo and profile?
SPX 1/6/1/1
Old 12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jer7469
The motor has a 12.5mm rotor so any drag brake adjustment will need to be smaller steps. I only moved my steps up 20 points on my RS and could really feel the change. I lowered the drag brake in the speedo and it was better. It seems the rotors are really strong.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
The motor has a 12.5mm rotor so any drag brake adjustment will need to be smaller steps. I only moved my steps up 20 points on my RS and could really feel the change. I lowered the drag brake in the speedo and it was better. It seems the rotors are really strong.
yup but i didnt have any drag brake to start with... cant take anything away from nothing... dont get me wrong motor is very nice might not be for me tho.. i will give it a try after our series race next weekend.. then i can spend some time with it... jeremy
Old 12-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Are you sure nothing in the radio? Just asking as sometimes I think I do or don't have something set and I check it is. I know as I have forgotten my drag brake settings at times

I really like the way the motor wires solder up.

Good luck with it.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Are you sure nothing in the radio? Just asking as sometimes I think I do or don't have something set and I check it is. I know as I have forgotten my drag brake settings at times

I really like the way the motor wires solder up.

Good luck with it.
i have never used drag brag in my life so the radio is always in the nuetral setting... even with a brushed motor i would use forward roll... i had to put alot of forward role into it and then the motor would make a funny noise eveytime i pulled the throttle.. set the epa back to nuetral and noise went away.. very different motor.. yes love the way it wires up.. could not ask for anything better.. i will give it a shot next week.. if i dont like it will be in the for sale section with very limited use. jeremy
Old 12-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I ran the motor on Saturday after reading about the different gearing, and its defiantely a different animal. I'm not sure how I feel about all the extra drag in the motor as it tends to carry less corner speed but I'm sure that can easily be compensated for with driving style. However it is definately VERY fast! I ran it with an SXX 1/6/1/1 with the factory motor timing and a 6.5FDR (indoor carpet). Next weekend when I get out I'm going to try it with the SPX and see how much better it runs.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can we use creep to counteract the drag brake somewhat?

I'm gonna be at the track twice this week trying to figure it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.