Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tread1
You have to remember that the whole country of China (where a lot of the components come from) was closed down for the month of Feb. for new years.
Note you can get a combo pack easily enough, just not the speedo by itself.

I finally broke down and bought a combo after waiting for my LHS and Towerhobbies to get the speedo for 3 months (starting early December).

Don't blame Castle for selling with their motors as a priority, but still annoying.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tudor_47
Are Castle having problems delivering/producing the mamba max PRo?

I have had mine on order for more than 2 months and I still do not have one...

any Castle inside info available?
I don't think they have a huge plant churning them out so they come in batches. I just got a few to play with easy. I had two sites e-mail me when they came in stock, then I just ordered straight away and had them less than a week later. I would get in contact with your shop and ask them why so long. They should have had some more by now.

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I'm running my MI4LP with GTB/4.5 on mod thats right my trusty old GTB can still get done on MOD class. And I got my MMP/X-12 13.5 on my MI3....

I tried mod with MMP but you have to use smart sense mode with 5-10 degree of ESC timing thats it... is pretty smooth but break is weak....
As mentioned before the brakes don't tend to work as well on sensorless systems. The motor has to virtually completely stop to go back to sensored. With mod gearing even at low speeds the motor is still doing 5000+ rpm. I don't know why people don't try sensored with mod and run very little or no timing advance. I don't care what the ESC's makers say, sensored has always seemed to work better.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Brake Strength also has a lot to do with the particular motor you use. With the micro Castle systems, which are sensorless, I always have to turn the brakes down to 50% or lower to keep from ripping gears out of the drivetrain. Sensored motors are built completely differently than Castle motors, and that will affect the amount of brake you have.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I don't care what the ESC's makers say, sensored has always seemed to work better.
Tell that to Chris Grainger, who won the last few years BRCA national modifed titles running sensorless...

Anyway, the other advantage of sensorless, and I'm going to be using this, is that it's effectively bullet proof in the wet. Given that we regularly race in less than ideal weather over here, this is a big+ for me.
I've now made up my 2010spec dry box, with the speedo setup for sensorless running, even with only a 10.5, I'll try and get some pics up later

Regards
Ed
Old 03-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

As promised...

The snake is uncased to fit in the box... it's a bit of a tight fit, but the 6.2mm rubber grommets are a perfect fit on the 12AWG wire... keeps it all nice and neat

One thing I did notice though, was that on the bench, to get the motor to run smoothly all the way through the range, I had to up the sensorless timing to 20° (or max). This was still with a high start power too.

Regards
Ed
Attached Thumbnails Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC-img_1657b.jpg   Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC-img_1658b.jpg   Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC-img_1671b.jpg  
Old 03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tudor_47
Are Castle having problems delivering/producing the mamba max PRo?

I have had mine on order for more than 2 months and I still do not have one...

any Castle inside info available?
Castle builds their speedo in house and it isn't made in some foreign country. It takes time to get them together. The first batch at 4000 plus units Castle thought would be enough but they sold so fast and the fact they had other speedos for planes to be built and a few other products so it has taken time to get more made.

Are shop currently has 6 MMP speedos in stock. We had 12 last week but sold 1/2 of them.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Rookie

cool
Old 03-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This is a really good idea for off-road racing to prevent dirt getting in your electronics

Originally Posted by TryHard
As promised...

The snake is uncased to fit in the box... it's a bit of a tight fit, but the 6.2mm rubber grommets are a perfect fit on the 12AWG wire... keeps it all nice and neat

One thing I did notice though, was that on the bench, to get the motor to run smoothly all the way through the range, I had to up the sensorless timing to 20° (or max). This was still with a high start power too.

Regards
Ed
Old 03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
This is a really good idea for off-road racing to prevent dirt getting in your electronics
Yup, and for the wonderful british summers we have... i.e. rain... Yes, we still race in it!
Attached Thumbnails Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC-wet.jpg  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yup, and for the wonderful british summers we have... i.e. rain... Yes, we still race in it!
Just curious what tires are you running in the wet weather?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

As promised...

Regards
Ed
Noticed you are running a radio Cap. Are you experiencing radio glitches with Mamba? It has variable voltage to the BEC circuit. I always set my higher as the radio and servo can hand the over 6V.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wyd
Castle builds their speedo in house and it isn't made in some foreign country. It takes time to get them together. The first batch at 4000 plus units Castle thought would be enough but they sold so fast and the fact they had other speedos for planes to be built and a few other products so it has taken time to get more made.

Are shop currently has 6 MMP speedos in stock. We had 12 last week but sold 1/2 of them.
That's awesome. I have been a castle fan for a while now and this just confirms that they rock. Plus they are little crazy and I like the way they think.

http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...on/speedo.html

Now that is funny
Old 03-24-2010, 07:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macdude
That's awesome. I have been a castle fan for a while now and this just confirms that they rock. Plus they are little crazy and I like the way they think.

http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...on/speedo.html

Now that is funny
Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

As promised...

Regards
Ed
Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Got my MMP installed tonight, im racing the ROAR carpet nats this weekend, 13.5/rubber, will let everyone know how it goes & what settings I end up with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.