Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC >

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Old 02-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
Are the Majority of you guys running a booster or a rx pack with the 1 cell addition? I am thinking of picking one of these up for WGT and am wanting some specigics.
Most of the guys over here running the 1s are using a booster (RC Dynamics one I believe), although I see no reason why a reciever pack wouldn't work either (bar the hassle ).

HiH
Ed
Old 02-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Finaly got it together and in my XXXT with a 13.5 Hacker that i thought was dead and WOW that speedy is sic.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default More Brakes

Mamba Max Pro Speedo; Never thought I would have too much power from a Speedo . Starting to get used to it and charming it down with different settings for my driving ability, I can see this Speedo taking off big time in the UK Touring car. Just need more brakes, Could the brakes be made stronger with software up date in the future or is it down to the hardware. Don’t get me wrong, well pleased with MMP have two now for TC and thinking of getting another one for off road.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

what do you have the drag brake set to in the CHEAT settings?
Old 02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Drag brake set at 30%
main brake set at 100%.
I usually don't run any drag brake
Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

I assume on your radio you have the break set to max? 100%?
Old 02-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whoopass
Seeing as Bens used to the LRP/Nosram type esc like me, I get what he says when this one doesn't have much brakes. Its the biggest setback I have with wanting to change manufacturer from an LRP/Nosram esc.

The GM has a really weak brake also that feels like it delays when you want an ultra fast response when pulling on the brake, which I really don't like.

I do see massive upsides of having this esc, as number 1 - its very fast and second - its a fantastic price!

I use an LRP SPX and its getting a bit old in the tooth, however the thing is very smooth and easy to setup. I also like that there's no laptop involved!

The new SXX stock still seems to have issues and its very expensive, which is giving me ideas to swap brands.

I've also got on with Novak 10.5ss motors, because i've never damaged one after over a years use and they're faster than the ballistics. Has anyone got a very fast/smooth power delivery setup with one of these matched with the Mamba Max Pro because i'd like to give this Mamba a try.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixer
I'm sure i've read the official Castle Creations answer to this but after 30 mins searching i came up empty handed, sorry.

Why do Castle Creations ship the MMP with a 3v/cell cutoff as the default LiPo setting when every LiPo battery manufacturer gives 3v/cell as the absolute minimum a LiPo should be run at?

Most battery manufacturers are saying thay 3.7v/cell as the best compromise, 3.85v/cell the ideal.
So why not have either of these as the default LiPo cutoff setting?

Fpr many racers they understand the advantages and disadvantages, they also understand that stopping the car as soon as the 3v/cell cutoff kicks in will give a better at rest voltage.

But most the bashers that buy RC cars just to blast around with mates don't have the time, effort or enthusiasm to research LiPo battery technology, so they end up wondering why their charger faults out every time after a bashing session.

The reason the chargers faulting out is because they are using their batteries to the bitter end at 3v/cell cutoff, this inevitably means that the cells come out of balance beyond the chargers specs (around 0.5v/cell).

My thinking is, if your an enthusiast or racer you will have:
a/ The knowledge or enthusiasm to find out what works best with regards to LiPo voltages.
b/ Your not likely to risk hitting anywhere near the cutoff in a race
c/ Your likely to have the Castle Link so you can easily reprogram the Esc if you want longer run times and understand the risks.

I've now had 2 mates destroy expensive good quality LiPo's simply because their Escs cutoffs are too low and they are running them till the car is not able to move anymore.
These are not all Castle Creation Esc's but i've found that you guys respond better than the others

So why ship with 3v/cell cutoff as the LiPo default, when it goes against every grain of LiPo knowledge out there and common sense?

Cheers
Mark
thanx for the great info...
now i know why is my hard cased lipo is bloated
Old 02-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default soft brakes

Originally Posted by whoopass
Radio set at 100% brake, When I first run this MMP Speedo I was over shooting corners, it felt like a on and off switch but it made my Novak motor 10.5ss like a rocket. After a time and I am still leaning to calm my fingers down, if I am smooth with finger the Speedo is smooth. You cant just go to max which I was doing with SPX stock spec and didn’t know it till I used MMP, This Speedo is so powerful. The punch control helps a lot. After using this Speedo I went back to Nosram spec for one race and it felt so slow, went straight back to MMP. I know what you mean about the ballistic it seem not as fast compared to the Novak 10.5 ss motor but after playing with the timing on motor and MMP cheat mode its nearly there. Do you need a net book to use this Speedo for playing around (No) for Racing (Yes) but I can see LRP/ Nosram going down that road! SXX will be out of date in 6 months or less, I know its wrong but I like the idea of up dating my Speedo for free by just down loading new software. I am just a club racer and not the best of drivers but I think MMP £125 is on par with some of the top Speedo’s which can't be updated and cost £100 more . I can put up with the soft brakes for now (only from high speed) I hope it’s just a software update needed because this would make this good Speedo great .
Ben
Old 02-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bodymot
Radio set at 100% brake, When I first run this MMP Speedo I was over shooting corners, it felt like a on and off switch but it made my Novak motor 10.5ss like a rocket. After a time and I am still leaning to calm my fingers down, if I am smooth with finger the Speedo is smooth. You cant just go to max which I was doing with SPX stock spec and didn’t know it till I used MMP, This Speedo is so powerful. The punch control helps a lot. After using this Speedo I went back to Nosram spec for one race and it felt so slow, went straight back to MMP. I know what you mean about the ballistic it seem not as fast compared to the Novak 10.5 ss motor but after playing with the timing on motor and MMP cheat mode its nearly there. Do you need a net book to use this Speedo for playing around (No) for Racing (Yes) but I can see LRP/ Nosram going down that road! SXX will be out of date in 6 months or less, I know its wrong but I like the idea of up dating my Speedo for free by just down loading new software. I am just a club racer and not the best of drivers but I think MMP £125 is on par with some of the top Speedo’s which can't be updated and cost £100 more . I can put up with the soft brakes for now (only from high speed) I hope it’s just a software update needed because this would make this good Speedo great .
Ben
Great info there Ben

By the way, it's Max from Maritime. I noticed your car was stunning around the sweeper and on the straight on Thursday night
I left a PM for you, but you might not have spotted it.

Ben, can you tell me what settings you run at the moment, so I have a good starting point, because I am well interested in this thing. It may not have a huge brake, but for the money its pretty outstanding to look at in your machine!

Can you tell me your gearing in your xray, if the Novak has full timing on the can and the esc settings you currently have, as I would like to stick with the Novak ss.

I have started getting used to using initial brake on 1 and more drag brake on the SPX and I find its probably a bit faster round the lap this way. Unless the Mamba has next to no brake at all with drag at 100%, I think the thing is still the one for me. - I sort of know why this has not much of brake, because Novak has a very weak magnet effect and this usually compromises the brakes on Tekin/GM escs.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Max sorry didnt see PM, I was running Novak ballistic ! timing 0 witch is about 30%+ on them.
run 10.5ss motor not advanced ! Tuesday night and it was even faster. FDR was between 7.10 to 6.54, Cheat mode witch was wrong 5,500 to 7,500 5,800 to 9,500 that is what I am trying to get right, tried punch control 10% to 40% to clarm it down,start power Med, motor was coming in at about 160f, no fan, speedo just warm think you could run a 10.5 with no fan on speedo. its big (cap in case) and weight about 80mg with wires. but SPX comes in at 70mg with wires and cap. Max I think this is the most powerful speedo I have ever used, its fast. in your hands it will fly. Going to try a 13.5 ballistic at west Kent this sunday.
Ben
Max if you do buy one I will have link and net book with me at Maritime so if you need to change settings
your more than wellcome.

Last edited by bodymot; 02-27-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bodymot
Hi Max sorry didnt see PM, I was running Novak ballistic ! timing 0 witch is about 30%+ on them.
run 10.5ss motor not advanced ! Tuesday night and it was even faster. FDR was between 7.10 to 6.54, Cheat mode witch was wrong 5,500 to 7,500 5,800 to 9,500 that is what I am trying to get right, tried punch control 10% to 40% to clarm it down,start power Med, motor was coming in at about 160f, no fan, speedo just warm think you could run a 10.5 with no fan on speedo. its big (cap in case) and weight about 80mg with wires. but SPX comes it at 70mg with wires and cap. Max I think this is the most powerful speedo I have ever used, its fast. in your hands it will fly. Going to try a 13.5 ballistic at west Kent this sunday.
Ben
Thanks mate!

This gets better and better!

I think i'll get one in the very near future, as I have to update this spx, and its such a bloody good price! The only thing that I will not have, (or room to have at the track) is a laptop! - Because you have one, i'd be very greatful to use your laptop to start with. I can eventually manage presets at home, but thats a great help mate. You seem to have found some decent baseline setups by the looks of things.

I keep reading about the 'cheat mode' and its off on a lot of people's settings I see on here. Is this the bit you mention that is wrong, or do you mean the timing settings? - What I really don't want is a kick' on a sweeper for example, pulling the car off line. Together, we'll get a perfect setup I think.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I am running a mamba max pro 1 cell in a 1/12 crc gen-xl carpet knife with a trinity nemesis 13.5 motor. I don't fully understand how the timing settings on the motor interact/affect the timing settings on the mmx cheat software.

The motor came set at 15 degrees on the can. I have the esc cheat timing set to 40. Can anyone explain to me what increasing/retarding the timing on the can will do?

I also got the field programming card and realized that it needs power to operate. Since there is no bec in the 1 cell, does anyone know if there is any way to get power to the programming card or is it incompatible with the mmp 1 cell esc?

Thanks!

Last edited by rdur; 02-27-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Quick question does anybody know if there is any difference in what you can program between the mamba max pro and the sidewinder?? As i only run 17.5 and would like to give it a go if i can adjust everything like the the pro just different motor handling capabilities. Also do the updates work for both??
Old 02-27-2010, 10:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdur
I am running a mamba max pro 1 cell in a 1/12 crc gen-xl carpet knife with a trinity nemesis 13.5 motor. I don't fully understand how the timing settings on the motor interact/affect the timing settings on the mmx cheat software.

The motor came set at 15 degrees on the can. I have the esc cheat timing set to 40. Can anyone explain to me what increasing/retarding the timing on the can will do?

Thanks!
THe more timing you add the more topend you will have, more heat in the motor and less torque. Taking timing away will do the opposite and give you more torque, less topend and less heat in the motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.