Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 05:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
i`m out for a new esc, has anyone tried to fit a mmp in a tamiya 416 car? i`m not sure that it will fit in a good way because of the size.
YEah they are a little big but if you are using a Futaba 9551 narrow servo and let say one of those small DSM Spektrum receivers you should have room. You can also remove the fan to make it lower if need be especially if your just running stock brushless classes.

Are shop has done well with these speedos so far. We blew thru 10 of them in a little less than 2 weeks and have 5 to 10 more on order. Not sure the exact number the owner ordered but he is stocking up on them. The price and over performance so far to the customers have been excellent.

I normally offer free installation if they buy one from are shop since I run for Castle. I do free setups and since I always have my laptop at the track I'm available to help them out almost every night of the week. So far it has worked out great.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I just got off the phone with castle and they acknowledged the issue with the power loss. He said it has something to do with the sensored mode, that would explain why I don't have any issues with the one in my stadium truck with a sensorless motor. They said that there was a slight hickup in the software but upgrading the software and firmware should take care of the issue.

When I get home I'll get online and update the software on my old laptop and see if that takes care of it. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to install the software on my new computer or laptop since they both have vista on them.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lowcel
Nope, it comes with a coupon for a free one. I don't completely understand the reasoning for it but that's how they did it.
PART # 010-0066-00

Profiles can be custom designed on a PC with the included Castle Link PC programming software.

Does that mean I wont get it too?... Lost the excitement now..
Old 11-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This speedo rocks, I have it in my SC10 w/17.5 novak, with 35 degree of timing in C.H.E.A.T. mode @ 87/19 gearing. It is staying cool and winning races. I am going to try 40 degrees this weekend.

The new 3.22 has a Data logger very nice feature.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark_stnly
This speedo rocks, I have it in my SC10 w/17.5 novak, with 35 degree of timing in C.H.E.A.T. mode @ 87/19 gearing. It is staying cool and winning races. I am going to try 40 degrees this weekend.

Glad I'm not going to be there for the 40 degrees, you hit enough people with it the way it is now.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark_stnly

When I downloaded the new software it put that data logger software on my desktop. What does that software actually do? Or how do you use it? Thanks , any help would be appreciated
Old 11-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowcel
I just got off the phone with castle and they acknowledged the issue with the power loss. He said it has something to do with the sensored mode, that would explain why I don't have any issues with the one in my stadium truck with a sensorless motor. They said that there was a slight hickup in the software but upgrading the software and firmware should take care of the issue.

When I get home I'll get online and update the software on my old laptop and see if that takes care of it. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to install the software on my new computer or laptop since they both have vista on them.

Solftware huh? I have the v3.22 software and I still get the cutout problem. Did I miss a "update speed control" function or something?

Ben
Old 11-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speeddaddy
When I downloaded the new software it put that data logger software on my desktop. What does that software actually do? Or how do you use it? Thanks , any help would be appreciated
It does exactly what it suggests but only works with the ICE series of speed controllers. You got it because it comes bundled with the Castle Link software.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Super_Roo
It does exactly what it suggests but only works with the ICE series of speed controllers. You got it because it comes bundled with the Castle Link software.
Thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cant tell you about your problems, but i can say i have not had any. I ran the pro with a 17.5 and 13.5 in my RB5 and it was great no problems at all. I did use new firmware from the jump. Its now in my 4 wheeler and is so smooth! I got the fan to kick on the first time Saturday while running a 5000 SMC pack out in the 4wd with a 6.5! I love this controller no need to pay twice for a tekin unless you just cant get this thing to fit.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sportpak YES you do have do make sure you use the "update firmware" funtion while hooked to the ESC.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
Sportpak YES you do have do make sure you use the "update firmware" funtion while hooked to the ESC.
Yes the stock firmware is 1.22 so you should update it to 1.24 off your Castle Link. We sold 10 of them at are shop and I updated everyone to 1.24 firmware and no issues. 6 of these speedos are running mod sprint cars with 3.5 sensored motors and no issues of shutting off.

Also I turn my BEC up to 6 volts as it is set at 5,0 or 5.5 from the factory.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
I double checked and I did have it correct. My firmware is V 1.24 beta. That appears to be the latest version. The software prompts you to update every time you plug in if your running old firmware. Hopefully this is just a fluke thing, this isn't my first speed control.

I haven't received email yet from Castle. Fingers are crossed....

Ben
Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm going to test mine this weekend and see how she goes. I also have problem with loosing power on my steering it keep shutting off but I'm only testing the car on a bench. I have the latest firmware update on the ESC 1.24.... I have it setup on cheat mode.

Man this speecontrol make my Novak 13.5 motor Scream.

Cheat Mode Setup:

Motor = Novak 13.5 (SS Pro Series)
Chassis = MI3 w/ Exotek Chassis
FDR = 3.9
RPM = set @ 30,000 - 40,000 RPM
ESC Timing = 30 Degree
Motor Timing = 30 Degree
Lenny_ViDiViCi likes this.

Last edited by Jochim_18; 11-17-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone know if this will run on a 1 cell LiPO? Will the adjustable BEC still work too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.